Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The NFT market had cratered already so is anyone really clamouring for this anyway? It will be amusing if they launch it and it’s a massive flop and everyone ignores the nft aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ubisoft's own website still has Rating Pending with a "Likely Mature" note and there's no rating on the Ubi shop pre-order page. There's also no age check - which you get if you try to buy Skull & Bones.

I think the Xbox store is working with preliminary ESRB info (the rating is not yet public) and maybe some wires got crossed? Sony store has no rating.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

John F Bennett posted:

Wonder what the EU will do with this.

In enlightened Europe the Assassin's Creed game series has been 18-rated for most of its existence due to violence.
AC Chronicles-games were 16-rated and Nintendo DS version of original Assassin's Creed was 12-rated.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ErrEff posted:

I think the Xbox store is working with preliminary ESRB info (the rating is not yet public) and maybe some wires got crossed? Sony store has no rating.

Could be a placeholder rating in its current state that Ubisoft can work on lowering, although AO has some far-reaching consequences so if a change is going to happen Ubisoft will probably want it to happen pretty soon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

It'll be banned in a bunch of countries wouldn't it?

not to mention most retailers in the US lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'm half expecting Microsoft to either bring out their own NFTs to compete with that, or flat-out ban NFTs altogether.

Considering that Microsoft banned all NFTs for MineCraft it’s probably the latter.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I thought phil had given a some noncommittal statements about nfts not being in the plan currently but who knows about the future. It doesn’t really seem to align with what MS would want to do, though.

Minecraft definitely makes sense to ban them so 3rd parties don’t go around making GBS threads up what is mostly a game for kids.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That reminds me, I'm not sure for what reason but I did get a notification on my Xbox that Roblox had its ESRB rating bumped up to T.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

That reminds me, I'm not sure for what reason but I did get a notification on my Xbox that Roblox had its ESRB rating bumped up to T.

they added ads aimed at teens

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Microsoft will not ban NFTs unless they become a widespread scam. They are a scam now, but mostly something people need to seek out and not something that is siphoning money off of unknowing players just yet. They don't want to limit potential income streams for third parties (that they likely would make a cut of) if they don't have to.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Roblox should be rated M tbh

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

univbee posted:

They updated the newer AC icons on Xbox.

Wait, origins got a series patch? Or does it just automatically run at 60fps now so it gets a newer icon?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

univbee posted:

Ubisoft really trying to go for maximum controvery stacks right now.

Just Dance 2023, on top of being next-gen (and Switch) only, will be digital-only, all retail versions are just download codes.

Assassin's Creed Mirage is getting an AO rating (yes, really), the first console game to be intentionally sold this way, because of an NFT marketplace that the ESRB considers real gambling.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/assassins-creed-mirage/9n4096hx1wwq

lmao at the reason for the AO rating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it got a 60fps patch back in july

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Valve banned NFT's on Steam, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before Microsoft, and Sony follow.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

priznat posted:

The NFT market had cratered already so is anyone really clamouring for this anyway? It will be amusing if they launch it and it’s a massive flop and everyone ignores the nft aspect.

Ubisoft in "years late to the party" shocker. Their NFT poo poo already failed hilariously in some Ghost Recon game, but that's not slowing them down.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Valve banned NFT's on Steam, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before Microsoft, and Sony follow.

Sony will just ask for a cut

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also I fail to see how an nft works in a video game. or like, at all. is anybody dumb enough to buy those besides crypto bros and people who get confused and think it's an avatar like the sc2 ones or something.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it got a 60fps patch back in july

Oh nice! If nothing else it’s probably worth dling again to do the educational tour mode that just tells you about cool poo poo while zooming around the map.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

NFT's don't work in any capacity except to grift people.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I insist on all my DLCs being individually numbered and have the potential to re-sell them, pending opening of a marketplace by a developer who has less than zero incentive to actually encourage 3rd party re-selling of nfts. I'm sure they'll get right on developing that marketplace.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Healbot posted:

NFT's don't work in any capacity except to grift people.

Yeah, they are just a techbro's answer to mid level marketing, both are scams and work in the same way.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Man I got all excited at an AO asscreed until I saw the gambling part.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AO
Stands for Assholes Only

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Disposable Scud posted:

Man I got all excited at an AO asscreed until I saw the gambling part.
This guy wants to suck and gently caress people from the 1800s.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

American McGay posted:

You actually compose ribald sonnets in lieu of loving and sucking

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

American McGay posted:

I want Manhunt Creed!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Instead of plastic bags there will head-sized coin purses.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wait... I can make money with video games now?

Finally, Ubisoft is paying me to play that poo poo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Larry Parrish posted:

Sony will just ask for a cut

yeah sony will absolutely jump all over this poo poo and then market themselves as the Only Home For Real Gamers Who Love Gaming And NFTs

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Next Assassins Creed to be set during the reign of Caligula

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Mierenneuker posted:

I imagine the Steam versions now also work without the need for a Quake 2 source port, because they didn't work by themselves a couple years ago.

Nothing has changed about binary in Quake2 on Steam. Still the same vanilla Win95 executable, much the same as the gamepass version. This works inconsistently with some systems that don't cope with old video modes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

dafuck happened to state of Decay 3?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Locked inside a nuclear disposal facility, I hope.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It went bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

blew all the budget on the cgi prerender trailers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Releasing some bullshit cinematic trailer and disappearing should be punishable via a hefty fine from the government, of video games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they should be illegal and the marketing whackos that pitch them should be sent to work in the mines

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they should be illegal and the marketing whackos that pitch them should be sent to work in the mines

What kind of mines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

land mines preferably