Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

mila kunis posted:

japan in the 80s, but yeah

any good texts on this? Sounds like some interesting neoliberal schadenfreude there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Venomous posted:

any good texts on this? Sounds like some interesting neoliberal schadenfreude there

princes of the yen, maybe?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ac7ap_MAY

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not really earthshattering, but the Danish Conservative leader, who might become the next PM because hell timeline, is married to a Dominican man who apparently pulled a Dolezal on everyone about being Jewish. He also lied about being the Dominican president's nephew.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Sep 10, 2022

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

mortons stork posted:

I'm not sure how deep down the organizational pyramid the brainrot goes but i think that that poo poo about the energy war is just the justification they came up with after the fact. the truth of the matter is that we are basically still occupied countries and, much like japan in the 70s got told to torpedo its own economy... or else, we got the same order. we are not, and never were in the position to refuse, we just were lucky it was not required of us until now

there is absolutely a ton of propaganda that obfuscates this material reality for liberals to gobble up, but i would bet that the higher ups know the deal.

i do not think most of the higher ups know the deal. they mostly read the same newspapers and watch the same television as everyone else, and are getting their brains hacked by mobile phone games like everyone else. we tend to imagine this because what they say tends to make so little sense that we think they have to mean something else, but most european politicians up to cabinet or commissioner level are true believers.

there are no adults in charge, even malevolent ones. we're on our own.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

My country is falling apart, hundreds of millions of euros go missing due to corruption, the judges are bought by the mafia, everyone will freeze to death when the winter comes. The opposition finally calls for a protest against the Government and a few hundred people gather in the capital today. The issues they protest against: cooperation with the World Health Organization, use of digital payments and gender studies. And a guy gets caught carrying a nail bomb. We truly deserve whatever befalls us next.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

My country is falling apart, hundreds of millions of euros go missing due to corruption, the judges are bought by the mafia, everyone will freeze to death when the winter comes. The opposition finally calls for a protest against the Government and a few hundred people gather in the capital today. The issues they protest against: cooperation with the World Health Organization, use of digital payments and gender studies. And a guy gets caught carrying a nail bomb. We truly deserve whatever befalls us next.

which country is this? italy?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

Croatia

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

was the guy with the nail bomb against something good or something bad?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

was the guy with the nail bomb against something good or something bad?

Everything points to local Q nuts who import American insanity wholesale

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

importing insanity into the country that came up with the necktie is like taking coals to Newcastle

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

italians have been cowed arguably since the late 80s, and our last major protests have been in the 2000s
i no longer think we can mount any sort of resistance at all unless you count some guys dressing up as concentration camp victims because of covid certificates and mask mandates

over here they made a desert and called it peace

mortons stork has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Sep 10, 2022

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

But you’re sure getting a nice rerun of the 1920s soon

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is my least favourite type of person, the ersatz-american. they pop up all over the place and are insanely annoying. they can be qanoners or people who don't know how unions work or opinion columnists for local newspapers and they always act like they live in L.A. or something

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

But you’re sure getting a nice rerun of the 1920s soon

ackchually we're gonna get our very first female premier plunging us head first into the bright sun of the future thank you very much

:negative:

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I’m looking at the photos from the protest, a group supporting the release from prison of the author of The Croatian Jihad was also there. The dude wrote a book about the need to implement sharia law in Croatia and the loving fascists love him. He’s also quite obviously mentally ill, and should be in treatment, not in prison.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I’m looking at the photos from the protest, a group supporting the release from prison of the author of The Croatian Jihad was also there. The dude wrote a book about the need to implement sharia law in Croatia and the loving fascists love him. He’s also quite obviously mentally ill, and should be in treatment, not in prison.

:whitewater:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

V. Illych L. posted:

It's funny how that post can fit so many European countries.

"Funny"

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

incredible. We really need to wrap up liberal deomcracy, it doesn't work folks.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Newsflash about the Croatian protest. The nailbomb kid is one of the Croatian Jihadi extreme right wingers advocating sharia law. I’ll try to do a write up on their agenda later.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
so the fascists won in sweden? is that right?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Honest Thief posted:

right wing block vs left is 175 - 174, so i would say that everybody just lost. sweden get to enjoy a rolling crisis of no confidence for the foreseeable future lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Newsflash about the Croatian protest. The nailbomb kid is one of the Croatian Jihadi extreme right wingers advocating sharia law. I’ll try to do a write up on their agenda later.

lol @ white kids going full psycho the moment they discover wahhabism

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

lollontee posted:

right wing block vs left is 175 - 174, so i would say that everybody just lost. sweden get to enjoy a rolling crisis of no confidence for the foreseeable future lol

how much is that left block aligned vs the right one?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

Yeah. While Putin is doing badly with physical warfare in Ukraine, his political hatchetmen are doing gangbusters in the EU.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah. While Putin is doing badly with physical warfare in Ukraine, his political hatchetmen are doing gangbusters in the EU.

Lmao

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Actually, all Swedes are pro-Ukrainian, which is why the changed their red and white to blue and yellow.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i think swedes can be racist on their own

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

V. Illych L. posted:

this is my least favourite type of person, the ersatz-american. they pop up all over the place and are insanely annoying. they can be qanoners or people who don't know how unions work or opinion columnists for local newspapers and they always act like they live in L.A. or something

really wish we'd ban facebooks and other american media already, seems to have worked great for china

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Honest Thief posted:

how much is that left block aligned vs the right one?

not very, the right has the nazis and the polite nazis, and those together are already 40%, plus the libs and the christians both at 5%, the left has social dems at 30% and the centrists, the left and greens , are like 6% each.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Honest Thief posted:

i think swedes can be racist on their own

this. gently caress the the westerners, give finland back the land you stole! raaaargh!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No don't.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Truga posted:

really wish we'd ban facebooks and other american media already, seems to have worked great for china

satrapies can't very well ban the emperor's propaganda outlets.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

lollontee posted:

lol @ white kids going full psycho the moment they discover wahhabism

wasn't there a guy who converted to islam then murdered the rest of his nazi cell when they wouldn't stop mocking him

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

wasn't there a guy who converted to islam then murdered the rest of his nazi cell when they wouldn't stop mocking him
there was a dude who killed his room mates, though apparently out of ideological commitment/revenge, not just because they made fun of him, seeing as he also threatened strangers over the US bombing muslim countries.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

$545m price tag lawyers hosed up in the Sanjay Shah case and he can't be extradited from Dubai due to procedural error, failing to deliver investigation reports rather than just summaries of them. The guy defrauded the Danish state for least $1.2bn in a reimbursement scheme. Give it up for literally the most expensive lawyers on the planet, everyone! :lmao:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Pretty sure the Nordic nazis are fairly committed to Ukraine at the moment like literally everyone else is. The Danish People's Party even excluded the daughter of their chief ideologue for saying to at least hear him out, he's got nukes. She'd been saying for years to ally with Putin against the Muslims, though, presumably she liked what she saw in Chechnya, but that didn't warrant exclusion apparently.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Pretty sure the Nordic nazis are fairly committed to Ukraine at the moment like literally everyone else is.

I'm just extrapolating from the Finnish Nazi Party* (which may be wrong to do as Sweden isn't Finland, but I'm gonna do it anyway!). About 100% percent of Finns who anyone knows (i.e. not just some rando) who have spread Russian propaganda and misinformation on Twitter and Facebook have been members of the Nazi Party or former members of the Nazi Party, or are married to a prominent Nazi Party member.

*) Also known as Rudimentary Finns.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Only took a few hours for one of the nazis to literally say Sieg Heil. :lol:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SplitSoul posted:

Only took a few hours for one of the nazis to literally say Sieg Heil. :lol:

link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Well, not literally literally.

HELG SEGER *stretches arm reflexively* Uh, I meant segershelg. Yeah. Because it's weekend and we won big. That's it, that's what I meant. Weekend Victory. A hitlarious mistake on my part. Anyway WOO! GO TEAM!

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/sd-profilen-i-natt-hel-g-seger