Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Yes! we beat USA !

I wonder how much of that terrible score is down to Wales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

Yeah you'd think people would clock that Sweden isn't great just based off their handling of COVID. I guess scandi rep is hard to destroy.
They've managed to spin that as good among a certain crowd too.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The moral of the story is that pretty much every country is hosed up in its own particular way.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Noxville posted:

The moral of the story is that pretty much every country is hosed up in its own particular way.

Unfortunately, there isn't a guy hosed up and nasty enough to make them suck less.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mega Comrade posted:

What the hell Sweden? You were meant to be one of the better ones.

Sweden is poo poo enough that I know someone who is leaving to live here.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
dear god :catstare:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

His Divine Shadow posted:

Even people in sweden, centrists and right wingers in particular think of Sweden as this ultra-leftist hell hole that's just one step away from full communism. Despite they've gotten almost all the politics they desire implemented in the last 30 years and society has seen a huge rightward shift (hummm wonder if that has anything to do with all the social problems that has arisen in sweden since then....). They act as if it's still the 70s or 80s and Olof Palme will rise from his grave any second now and tax them poo poo out of them.

'The bins, Margaret, if we elect Corbyn the binmen will go on strike again!'

Boomer brain is worldwide I guess.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

feedmegin posted:

'The bins, Margaret, if we elect Corbyn the binmen will go on strike again!'

Boomer brain is worldwide I guess.

Funny you say that the binmen have been on strike around here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Out of respect for the queen please rawdog your girlfriend/one night stand https://twitter.com/Reverend_Makers/status/1569080642909966337?t=64ol8hFDSMROcbgfX5Q3-g&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just have to take up pegging, or as I shall now call it "the royal fashion"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cream for the Queen

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
MourningBalls (it's yours for free, Private Eye) immediately becoming its own genre. The weird signage and implications behind it - what is there and what is left off - the bike-rack and the condom machine thing being prime examples - are the condoms not being dispensed because the company that refills the machine isn't bothering (probably one of the real reasons, and that has implications of its own), or are they not dispensing because it's disrespectful to use a condom during a period of mourning (as it seems to imply)? You can't put your bike here, presumably because we don't have anyone maintaining it for now. But if you do put your bike here we might have someone remove it, so something is being done. And removing the bike is some sort of punishment, but only if we feel like it?

It's all very :psyduck: where the craziness becomes fractal.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

People being arrested for saying stuff like "gently caress the monarchy" - meanwhile psychotic subservient plebs will line up for 7 miles to go witness a coffin with a decrepit thief in it.

Totally normal country. This week is going to be loving insufferable in London (moreso than the daily)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Cream for the Queen
Peen Elizabeth

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tesseraction posted:

Cream for the Queen

Queenpied the wife last night

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Out of respect for the queen please rawdog your girlfriend/one night stand https://twitter.com/Reverend_Makers/status/1569080642909966337?t=64ol8hFDSMROcbgfX5Q3-g&s=19

I see Trussh has enacted her first piece of legislation

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Diet Crack posted:

People being arrested for saying stuff like "gently caress the monarchy" - meanwhile psychotic subservient plebs will line up for 7 miles to go witness a coffin with a decrepit thief in it.

Totally normal country. This week is going to be loving insufferable in London (moreso than the daily)

I'll confess I did briefly consider going to view the coffin, if only cause I've never seen a recently dead monarch before, but I'm not willing to wait for a billion years for the experience.

Also the casket is closed from the sounds of it so you can't actually confirm she's dead.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Diet Crack posted:

I see Trussh has enacted her first piece of legislation

It doesn't say that the machine isn't going to be dispensing lube tho

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The viewing will be 24 hours a day until the night before the funeral, that’s loving mental.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Id rather jump off Waterloo bridge than queue with 750,000 bootlickers sobbing about the Monarchy. Can't wait to see how they're going to hand out numbered wristbands to keep people's places in the queue

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Camrath, if you're not making a respectful fudge and selling it to the people queuing then you're missing out

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

The viewing will be 24 hours a day until the night before the funeral, that’s loving mental.

drunkenly waltzing up to her coffin at 4 AM with a donner kebab and being like "yer'right liz 'aveagoodn" before stumbling out the exit

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

Id rather jump off Waterloo bridge than queue with 750,000 bootlickers sobbing about the Monarchy. Can't wait to see how they're going to hand out numbered wristbands to keep people's places in the queue

All those people; happy time for the Covid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Camrath, if you're not making a respectful fudge and selling it to the people queuing then you're missing out
Empty box with a note in the bottom explaining that it was all eaten out of respect

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
So the worst thing about this is my inlaws want to come down from Yorkshire to Oxfordshire to watch it with us on TV.

YOU OWN A TV.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Absolutely mental - just performative at this point. I'm in no way one to talk and yes this is massively hypocritical of me, but how little must you have going on to queue for days to go look at the coffin of someone who didn't care if you lived or died. You're not impressing your grandchildren with this story! At least if you're going somewhere to look at things, go to any museum, it'd be literally more interesting, engaging and meaningful to your life.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The OG parasocial relationship.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

So the worst thing about this is my inlaws want to come down from Yorkshire to Oxfordshire to watch it with us on TV.

YOU OWN A TV.

They must think it's the 1950s, hence a significant emotional event.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Had a Facebook memory this morning that made me go :sigh: :

Me, seven years ago today posted:

Glad Corbyn has won; it means Labour will be an actual opposition rather than a slightly less overtly evil version of the Tories. How well he'll stand up under the relentless battering he'll get from a press mostly owned by foreign plutocrats and tax-dodging aristocrats remains to be seen, but at least we'll get an alternate mainstream viewpoint to 'austerity is good and necessary and the only possible way'.

Welp. :smith:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Coronation chicken fudge

Actually, do we get a new sandwich-filler for Chucky 3?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol incredible

https://twitter.com/MattHughesDM/status/1569225882350354434

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/chai_ste/status/1568931036184158209

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/1569270901685862403

Got to say, this stuff absolutely boils my piss. Sick country.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

josh04 posted:

https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/1569270901685862403

Got to say, this stuff absolutely boils my piss. Sick country.

Also this https://twitter.com/darshnasoni/status/1569274135989338117

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Time for the freeze-peach warriors to step up.

~ crickets ~

~ tumbleweeds ~

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Good. In tribute to the Queen just cancel all English football forever.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I can see it now:

"No darling, we need to take the Jubilee to Bond Street First so we can ride the Elizabeth Line at Tottenham Court Road before joining the Queue, we must get a selfie with the purple train - I've been holding on to this Ascot hat for years"

The traffic buildup is also making me nervous as a cyclist, as I sure as gently caress don't want to be using TFL the next 2 weeks.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ok i'm done posting them all except the really awful/weird ones

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Failed Imagineer posted:

Guavanaut posted:

Empty box with a note in the bottom explaining that it was all eaten out of respect

sebzilla posted:

Coronation chicken fudge

Actually, do we get a new sandwich-filler for Chucky 3?

I was kicking around the idea of doing a salted caramel ‘Tears of the Nation’ flavour, but A. My wife has reminded me I’m on holiday this week and B. People are totally loving crazy atm and I have no desire to have it all blow up in my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Diet Crack posted:

I can see it now:

"No darling, we need to take the Jubilee to Bond Street First so we can ride the Elizabeth Line at Tottenham Court Road before joining the Queue, we must get a selfie with the purple train - I've been holding on to this Ascot hat for years"

The traffic buildup is also making me nervous as a cyclist, as I sure as gently caress don't want to be using TFL the next 2 weeks.

My tube driving former housemate has had his leave cancelled for an event we were due to attend this weekend, and apparently things are already completely loving nuts on the tube. So yeah, avoid.