Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PostNouveau posted:

The 9-year-old and 7-year-old are probably already shits, so maybe the 4-year-old?

Edit: I don't know why all these have Harry in the line for succession when he said he wants no part of this poo poo.

5 deaths would be pretty LOL though. Baby Lilibet as the new queen, with Megan filling the role of the Queen Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
that's called a regent

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

that's called a regent

and then a trusted general reluctantly takes the throne until the child comes of age, but inevitably betrays them and the kingdom falls apart into warring states.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I'm regented?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

and then a trusted general reluctantly takes the throne until the child comes of age, but inevitably betrays them and the kingdom falls apart into warring states.

And that generals name was George Washington :bahgawd:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Actually when I said “how many deaths until someone decent” I meant “how many deaths until someone with the basic human decency to tell parliament to dissolve the monarchy altogether” so the answer might be dozens, who knows

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

freeedr posted:

Actually when I said “how many deaths until someone decent” I meant “how many deaths until someone with the basic human decency to tell parliament to dissolve the monarchy altogether” so the answer might be dozens, who knows

I reckon Harry could be convinced to do it out of spite.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Coq au Nandos posted:

I reckon Harry could be convinced to do it out of spite.

He's still addicted to the money spigot. If every other member of the royals died suddenly he'd snap up that crown in an instant.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Biplane posted:

He's still addicted to the money spigot. If every other member of the royals died suddenly he'd snap up that crown in an instant.

But how can we be sure unless we try?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

ben shapino posted:

I'm regented?

If that's a Quantum Leap reference, then good work.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo, I'd seen ukraine had made an incredible push and broken the front lines, but that's wild

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/_TheFigen/status/1568945227536236548

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SamuelSaulsbury/status/1568775638500384770?s=20&t=dqEPWNk9AHKBr6YIzipKJA

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Cocaine Bear posted:

But how can we be sure unless we try?

Okay, new, better idea: we let Prince Harry take a crack, but it's not actually Prince Harry, it's the fake Prince Harry that one reality show used to make an entire reality show out of gaslighting women into thinking they were dating royalty.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think I was the lowest gpa of my graduating high school class that actually still made it through. I can write a speech if you want

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

freeedr posted:

I think I was the lowest gpa of my graduating high school class that actually still made it through. I can write a speech if you want

Can you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

5 deaths would be pretty LOL though. Baby Lilibet as the new queen, with Megan filling the role of the Queen Mother.

That would require six.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

hallo spacedog posted:

This is my new canonical cover to The Color of Magic now.

And yet they still gave the guy the correct number of eyes.

Fuckin' four eyes, goddamn Kirby it's a common expression!

That translation info was interesting as hell.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

freeedr posted:

Reading the ingredients off a can of Red Bull isn't much of a commencement speech.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Biplane posted:

If they voluntarily gave up the royal titles, duties, privileges, etc. the family would still be ludicrously rich. The only way they end up financially worse off is if they have the decision taken out of their hands and it also comes with forcefully removing a whole lot of their "private" property.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Of course I can

Lobok posted:

Reading the ingredients off a can of Red Bull isn't much of a commencement speech.

Oh.

Well. poo poo. I might need some help actually

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/soapachu/status/1569035006559014912

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1569268623235231748

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ryanair sucks generally but the point of the emergency exit row is the legroom, not the view

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The point of the emergency exit row is to get in a plane crash and show off to everyone that you can lift the 50lb door with ease

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I have only contempt for customers who complain to the manager on twitter. Also it's loving ryanair what did you expect.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

You can have the legroom as long as you verbally agree to the Faustian bargain of burning to death as you assist with evacuating the plane in an emergency.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

The Most Dangerous Glory Hole.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

zoux posted:

I have only contempt for customers who complain to the manager on twitter. Also it's loving ryanair what did you expect.

Sometimes it's the only way to get the company to give a poo poo when they, like, send your bags to the wrong continent and refuse to acknowledge the mistake. This one's dumb, of course.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hate customers.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1569326012156059649

UK down extremely bad

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You pay for the exit seat because if you win plane roulette you're the first one to get to use the slide

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I wish there was an opportunity to try the slide that isn't literally in the middle of an emergency. I know they're single use and expensive to replace but consider this: slide

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ZixTheYeti posted:

The Most Dangerous Glory Hole.

:mrwhite:

Also...
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1569342501470838791?s=20&t=xgGUBstH8oFsXkNSJ8kdew

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

What a stupid loving country. You don't see the US come to a halt when a president dies of natural causes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lmao how is this still going on, what are they even mad about at this point. There isn't an active covid restriction in the country.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

freeedr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdrnCSK9lP8

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OPAONI posted:

What a stupid loving country. You don't see the US come to a halt when a president dies of natural causes.

Its also not the official story that European God specifically indwelt each president with divine powers and authority to rule their personal possession, you the voter, so thats probably part of it maybe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Its also not the official story that European God specifically indwelt each president with divine powers and authority to rule their personal possession, you the voter, so thats probably part of it maybe

Never talked to a strict constitutionalist have you

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

zoux posted:

Never talked to a strict constitutionalist have you

ok fair lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

freeedr posted:

I know I was, because the principal took me aside to tell me right before the commencement ceremony.