Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Claudio Castagnoli (C) vs. Dax Harwood for the ROH World Title - AEW Rampage 9/9

Very good match between two very good wrestlers. Match didn't quite live up to the fiery promo Dax cut beforehand (worth watching if only for William Regal's facial reactions) but very good and got a good amount of time to let them do their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BJW Death Mania X August 26th
MOTYC
Astronauts (Takuya Nomura and Fuminori Abe) (c) vs Michio Kageyama and Yusaku Ito - BJW Tag Team Champtionships
- I'm a simple man, I see Nomura and Abe and i'm confident they'll have an absolute banger. It's just a shame that when they show up in all Japan they're different weight classes and don't team together

Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - BJW Strong Heavyweight Championship
- Shigehiro Irie is physically incapable of having a match I don't enjoy, he took the fight to Yuji like he wasn't half the Meat Golem's size. Also a neat callback to Irie's challenge to Imanari from GanPro

HM
Abdullah Kabayashi vs Hideyoshi Kamitani - Bloody Musou Tournament Final Fluorescent Lighttubes Jungle Death Match for the Vacant BJW Death Match Championship
- Wasn't feeling this to begin with but then Abby started picking up handfulls of tubes at a time to huck at Kamitani and it got pretty insane. Probably Abby's best match this year, i'm not going to rewatch the Kento title match to confirm

Big Japan doing pretty well with me, they've had 7 MOTYC from the three shows i've watched this year. They've got a good handful of guys that rule hard but they're in Big Japan so I barely watch them

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
way behind buuuuuuuut

HM: Sammy Guevara/Tay Melo vs. Ruby Soho/Ortiz, AEW All Out, 9/4
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Tomohiro Ishii - AEW All Out Zero Hour 9/4
MOTYC: Hangman & The Dark Order vs. The Elite (Kenny & The Bucks) for the AEW Trios Tag Titles - AEW All Out 9/4
MOTYC: Finlay Harwood vs Sonjay Dutt - AEW All Out 9/4
HM: FTR/Wardlow vs. Jay Lethal/Motor City Machine Guns, AEW All Out, 9/4
MOTYC: Swerve in our Glory (C) vs. The Acclaimed for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW All Out 9/4
HM: Britt Baker v. Hikaru Shida v. Toni Storm v. Jamie Hayter, 4-Way Match For the Interim AEW Women’s Championship, All Out 9/4
HM: Chris Jericho vs. Bryan Danielson, AEW All Out, 9/4
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite 9/7
HM: Best Friends v Triangulo de Muerte, AEW Dynamite 9/7
HM: Wheeler Yuta (C) vs. Daniel Garcia for the ROH Pure Title - AEW Dynamite 9/7
HM: Claudio Castagnoli (C) vs. Dax Harwood for the ROH World Title - AEW Rampage 9/9

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin, AEW Rampage, 09/09
HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Dax Harwood, AEW Rampage, 09/09

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yeah agreed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stardom in Showcase Vol.1 July 23rd
HM
Prominence (Suzu Suzuki and Risa Sera) vs Donna Del Mundo (Giulia and Mai Sakurai)
- Always enjoy a scrappy hardcore match, though felt this a bit weaker than the Prominence produce ones

Yuu vs Saya Kamitani vs Starlight Kid - Casket Match
- I was in as soon as the casket exploded under Yuu's weight

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

MOTYC: Finlay Harwood vs Sonjay Dutt - AEW All Out 9/4

this is not reflected in the op, op. please fix tia

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I think this is where I'm landing. Nth.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Japan Bakery Marketing Presents Konosuke Takeshita 10th Anniversary ~ Nishinari Baby Blues ~ September 9th
MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Daisuke Sasaki
- I'm beginning to suspect this Takeshita guy may be pretty good at the whole wrestling thing. He was in full form against the bastard Sasaki who was cheating his arse off just to stay on the Ace's level. Also this was Take's second match of the show, he had a real fun tag match against Brookes and Lykos to open proceedings

HM
Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Naomi Yoshimura) and Yukio Naya vs Burning (Jun Akiyama and Tetsuya Endo) and Yuji Hino
- Was a real good tag match then the established teams spilled out to the outside to allow Yuji and Yukio to just batter the poo poo out of each other for the last few minutes which absolutely ruled

Minoru Suzuki and Yukio Sakaguchi vs Shinya Aoki and HARASHIMA
- A couple of old MMA badasses and their seconds who are also badasses in their own right

Also Take's mother won the Heavymetalweight belt on this show which was cool

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Japan Bakery Marketing Presents Konosuke Takeshita 10th Anniversary ~ Nishinari Baby Blues ~ September 10th
MOTYC
- I'm beginning to suspect this Takeshita guy may be pretty good at the whole wrestling thing. He was in full form against the bastard Sasaki who was cheating his arse off just to stay on the Ace's level. Also this was Take's second match of the show, he had a real fun tag match against Brookes and Lykos to open proceedings

- A couple of old MMA badasses and their seconds who are also badasses in their own right

Giving HM nods to both of these. Would like to see Suzuki and Aoki again.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 10, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Japan Bakery Marketing Presents Konosuke Takeshita 10th Anniversary ~ Nishinari Baby Blues ~ September 9th
MOTYC

HM
Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Naomi Yoshimura) and Yukio Naya vs Burning (Jun Akiyama and Tetsuya Endo) and Yuji Hino
- Was a real good tag match then the established teams spilled out to the outside to allow Yuji and Yukio to just batter the poo poo out of each other for the last few minutes which absolutely ruled

Also Take's mother won the Heavymetalweight belt on this show which was cool

Nth to all these. Small show but really solid. Right now I would put the upper end of DDT's roster against any roster in the world.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Nth to all these. Small show but really solid. Right now I would put the upper end of DDT's roster against any roster in the world.

Hell yeah. Even if it meant eschewing a lot of the comedy which wouldn't play to an American audience I would love a DDT/TJPW Forbidden Door to show how talented the roster is. As long as they leave Dieno at home.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Hell yeah. Even if it meant eschewing a lot of the comedy which wouldn't play to an American audience I would love a DDT/TJPW Forbidden Door to show how talented the roster is. As long as they leave Dieno at home.

Dieno vs Eddie main event

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm just saying: cinematic match where Hyper Misao fights Abadon.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

slappin' nth on this

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

forkboy84 posted:

Dieno vs Eddie main event

Funny way of spelling "Pheromones vs Dark Order"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th August
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 7
Max The Impaler & Yuki Aino vs Rika Tatsumi & Shoko Nakajima

MOTYC
14th August
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 7
Tokyo Princess Cup Final
Miu Watanabe vs Yuka Sakazaki

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Meiko Satomura vs. Roxanne Perez, NXT 9/6

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
HM: Joey Janela vs Beastman, DDT Extreme Championship Bodyslam Challenge, JCW Uncensored 9/10/2022

Winner wins by bodyslam and Joey Janela is wrestling a massive human.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Chris "Alleged Abuser" Dickinson vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW Strong, June 18
MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, NJPW Road, June 20

Ishii-Kanemaru was fantastic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL Grand Prix 8/19

HM: Hechicero vs Euforia
MOTYC: Atlantis Jr., El Soberano Jr., Mistico, Stuka Jr., Templario, Titan, Ultimo Guerrero & Volador Jr. defeat El Mesias, Kenny King, Lince Dorado, Matt Taven, Oraculo, Robbie Eagles, Rocky Romero & Tiger Mask

Hechicero vs Euforia is really good and well worth your time but the Grand Prix match is the best Cibernetico match I've seen since the 90s and one of the best matches of the year. Just absolutely bananas action with some really fun comedy too and tons of heat. Team Mexico is just loaded with talent and Team International knows how to get heat from this crowd. Mesias also has his best performance in ages, which means he's still kind of bad, but is able to go balls out for stretches. Great performance from Tiger Mask too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrUAo9x7_8

I would say my MOTY ranking right now is

Acclaimed vs Swerve in Our Glory
Anarchy in the Arena
Grand Prix
Briscoes vs FTR II
Jericho vs Kingston

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL Grand Prix 8/19

MOTYC: Atlantis Jr., El Soberano Jr., Mistico, Stuka Jr., Templario, Titan, Ultimo Guerrero & Volador Jr. defeat El Mesias, Kenny King, Lince Dorado, Matt Taven, Oraculo, Robbie Eagles, Rocky Romero & Tiger Mask

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oil! posted:

HM: Joey Janela vs Beastman, DDT Extreme Championship Bodyslam Challenge, JCW Uncensored 9/10/2022

Winner wins by bodyslam and Joey Janela is wrestling a massive human.

For a second there I was utterly bewildered because I watched the most recent DDT show LIVE and this match wasn't on it what the hell are you talking abo... and then I realized it was on a JCW show, not a DDT one :sweatdrop:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

New Japan Strong, September 10

HMs

Robbie Eagles vs Kevin Blackwood

Really decent rough and tumble junior heavyweight stuff. Eagles is super solid, Blackwood is scrappy and brings a level of physicality to the match that Eagles has to try and meet. Very enjoyable.

Aussie Open vs West Coast Wrecking Crew

Aussie Open are one of the best tag teams in the world. West Coast Wrecking Crew came close to their level here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL Grand Prix 8/19

the Grand Prix match is the best Cibernetico match I've seen since the 90s and one of the best matches of the year. Just absolutely bananas action with some really fun comedy too and tons of heat. Team Mexico is just loaded with talent and Team International knows how to get heat from this crowd. Mesias also has his best performance in ages, which means he's still kind of bad, but is able to go balls out for stretches. Great performance from Tiger Mask too.

nth

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Jerusalem posted:

Very good match between two very good wrestlers. Match didn't quite live up to the fiery promo Dax cut beforehand (worth watching if only for William Regal's facial reactions) but very good and got a good amount of time to let them do their thing.

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
15th July
Sendai Girls In Sendai
ASUKA vs Itsuki Aoki

HM
15th July
Sendai Girls In Sendai
Ayame Sasamura & Ryo Mizunami vs Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu)

HM
15th July
Sendai Girls In Sendai
Red Energy (Mika Iwata & Miyuki Takase) vs Reiwa Ultima Powers (DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

BJW Death Mania X August 26th
MOTYC
Astronauts (Takuya Nomura and Fuminori Abe) (c) vs Michio Kageyama and Yusaku Ito - BJW Tag Team Champtionships
- I'm a simple man, I see Nomura and Abe and i'm confident they'll have an absolute banger. It's just a shame that when they show up in all Japan they're different weight classes and don't team together

Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - BJW Strong Heavyweight Championship
- Shigehiro Irie is physically incapable of having a match I don't enjoy, he took the fight to Yuji like he wasn't half the Meat Golem's size. Also a neat callback to Irie's challenge to Imanari from GanPro

HM
Abdullah Kabayashi vs Hideyoshi Kamitani - Bloody Musou Tournament Final Fluorescent Lighttubes Jungle Death Match for the Vacant BJW Death Match Championship
- Wasn't feeling this to begin with but then Abby started picking up handfulls of tubes at a time to huck at Kamitani and it got pretty insane. Probably Abby's best match this year, i'm not going to rewatch the Kento title match to confirm

Big Japan doing pretty well with me, they've had 7 MOTYC from the three shows i've watched this year. They've got a good handful of guys that rule hard but they're in Big Japan so I barely watch them

Is this show only on the BJW streaming service? I'm very interested in Okabayashi/Irie but I'm not sure if it's worth signing up for a... *checks notes* 5th puro streaming service.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Is this show only on the BJW streaming service? I'm very interested in Okabayashi/Irie but I'm not sure if it's worth signing up for a... *checks notes* 5th puro streaming service.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1566798884537602048?t=JdLlXAZR3s0LeRFPs9p94Q&s=19

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

thanks!!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Ari Daivari vs. Claudio Castagnoli, AEW Dark 9/6

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Climax, 7/16

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can we preemptively award MOTY?

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1569159950450163717?t=rDTOFYVRr7bh7vfhAu-FHA&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th September
JTO TAKATAICHIDESPEMANIA
Aoi & Tomoka Inaba vs Maika & MIRAI

MOTYC
12th September
JTO TAKATAICHIDESPEMANIA
Barbwire Board & Alpha Deathmatch
El Desperado vs Jun Kasai

This isn't a match for everyone. This isn't a standard Despy match. Barbwire. Knives, cut in half cans, a razor board, assorted other sick treats. loving gnarly stuff. Desperado has no reason to do a match like this except he loves Jun Kasai. So do I. So do I.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: El Desperado vs Jun Kasai - JTO TakaTaichiDespeMania (9/12)[/b]

Incredible match. Incredible atmosphere.

This match and this moment has been four years in the making and everything was beautiful.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs Jun Kasai - JTO TakaTaichiDespeMania (9/12)[/b]

Incredible match. Incredible atmosphere.

This match and this moment has been four years in the making and everything was beautiful.

Nth really just a perfect match. I'm not normally a death match guy but this was just brilliant.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
12th September
JTO TAKATAICHIDESPEMANIA
Barbwire Board & Alpha Deathmatch
El Desperado vs Jun Kasai

Where can I watch this?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Where can I watch this?

NJPW World PPV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Really looking forward to it showing up on vk or bilibili in a couple of days so I can watch it