Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Saints taking the W at Atlanta

Special thanks to the loving morons running the Falcons defense who inexplicably stopped blitzing Jameis in the 4th quarter

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

:gary: :gary: :gary: :leavemtg:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I didn't see any of the Saints Falcons game, anyone wanna give me the quick breakdown?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I didn't see any of the Saints Falcons game, anyone wanna give me the quick breakdown?

Saints played like poo poo for 3 quarters, were down 26-10 in the 4th. The Falcons stopped blitzing Jameis, Saints scored 2 TDs and a FG to win.

https://twitter.com/TheSaints/status/1569059880912166914

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 11, 2022

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

wandler20 posted:

Jameis was given the ball with 48 seconds left, threw a beautiful perfect 40 yard pass where the receiver went OOB, and, now in field goal range, spiked the ball with the clock stopped causing an intentional grounding penalty which pulled the team out of FG range.

Then he nailed the next pass and spiked the ball again immediately, leaving 19 seconds on the clock for Atlanta rather than ending the game with a game winning FG.

No interceptions though, despite a ton of pressure on him. So I guess good?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saints defense missing CGJ and Williams?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/1568844726799069184

wandler20 posted:

Saints defense missing CGJ and Williams?

Saints had a real bad day against the run actually. Cordelle Patterson was running roughshod over them for most of the game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MJBuddy posted:

Jameis was given the ball with 48 seconds left, threw a beautiful perfect 40 yard pass where the receiver went OOB, and, now in field goal range, spiked the ball with the clock stopped causing an intentional grounding penalty which pulled the team out of FG range.

Then he nailed the next pass and spiked the ball again immediately, leaving 19 seconds on the clock for Atlanta rather than ending the game with a game winning FG.

No interceptions though, despite a ton of pressure on him. So I guess good?

Yeah that last spike should've only happened with 3 seconds on the clock. But a win is a win.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/big_business_/status/1568844726799069184

Saints had a real bad day against the run actually. Cordelle Patterson was running roughshod over them for most of the game.

Mackie really pulled out "You have forgotten the face of your father" on that man.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mariota looked a lot better than I thought he would. So did the offensive line. Cordarrelle Patterson continues to be somehow great and I think Drake London is gonna be pretty good.

The defense gave up way too much throughout and started playing that prevent bullshit that never works in the 4th. As others have mentioned, they made Jameis Winston look awful for 3 quarters, then quit doing everything that worked. They also gave up a really long run and a touchdown to Taysom Hill, which hasn't been talked about enough.

Arthur Smith is a whiny pissbaby and I hope he's gone after this season. Even after a year, he's not ready to be an NFL head coach. If you're going to get upset with people who have suffered through the Falcons collapsing a billion times while proceeding to collapse yourself in the first game of a new year, you're pathetic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Mariota looked a lot better than I thought he would. So did the offensive line. Cordarrelle Patterson continues to be somehow great and I think Drake London is gonna be pretty good.

What I want to know is, where did this Derrick Henry version of Cordarrelle Patterson come from? If he had played like that from the start of his career, he’d have been a superstar.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

It is loving obscene that the Bucs got Julio Jones for peanuts.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Saints line looked like doodoo on both sides of the ball

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hard to disagree!

https://twitter.com/carolinahuddle/status/1569059126306562055?s=46&t=BpbzHlFJ6s5al89j8xsFlA

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nice win to start the season.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1569150705826414593?t=v8m_Qcfe3S-rGuwLwAJL8w&s=19

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1569137795351937025?t=3YrZRxjXQRRUJ66_bvxgWA&s=19

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Sent from my iPad posted:

It is loving obscene that the Bucs got Julio Jones for peanuts.

He looked cooked in Nashville. Nobody could know that TB12 was gonna nano-bubble him back to health.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Really hope Godwin is ok. Ughh.

Oh and the left tackle, whats his name. Not-Wirfs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

After watching what I missed today I'm a little more optimistic about the panthers season. Couple of really dumb calls on the refs part and some really dumb defensive lapses but I still feel like if we fire Rhule into the sun there's wins in the roster.

Needs some steel on the defensive line though, sheesh.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

He's right

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Really hope Godwin is ok. Ughh.

Oh and the left tackle, whats his name. Not-Wirfs

Godwin has a hammy injury, could be nothing, could be a couple of weeks. Donovan Smith is probably more serious, there's no official report yet, but elbow joint injuries for OL is probably a big deal. If Smith is out more than a week or two (I think likely )the Bucs need to use some of that cap space they freed up and sign a veteran tackle because running with Josh Wells is not a recipe for long term success.

Defense played lights out yesterday, and I'm hoping they're really that good and its not just the Cowboys sucking poo poo and making them look good. Offense looked great outside the red zone, Tommy and Lenny moved the ball with ease, but falling apart inside the opponent's 30 five times does not bode well for the future, unless they figure it out. Tom missed 3 or 4 throws that had they been thrown more accurately would have either been scores or big gains inside the 10. Maybe just a little early season rust, maybe something more. Overall can't be mad at a win, but hard to shake the feeling that last year it would have been 31-3 or 35-3 instead of 19-3.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Next week: Battle for NFC South Supremacy in Saints vs. Bucs!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

poo poo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

da bucs babey

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

da bucs babey

Still thinking about Devin White's dropped pick 6, man that would've been fun.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Surely Sean Payton was the reason why the Bucs can’t beat the Saints. Him and nothing else...right? RIGHT?!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

It's either going to be an amazing game or one of the worst games ever witnessed. Nothing in between

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Are either teams fans looking forward to this game?

I'm not

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJBuddy posted:

I'm not

No. We all know how this game ends and it's ugly. Bucs have to be able to run the ball to have a chance.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

No. We all know how this game ends and it's ugly. Bucs have to be able to run the ball to have a chance.

IMO play all backups because even if the Bucs win we know it’ll come at the expense of everyone dying.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MJBuddy posted:

I'm not

Oh hell yeah.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

at this point I'm going to treat as historical fact that kuechly retired because he knew Rhule was a clown.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

wandler20 posted:

I mean the Falcons ran all over the saints, you guys will be fine.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I mean the Falcons ran all over the saints, you guys will be fine.

Did you SEE the second game last season?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did you SEE the second game last season?

The Bucs ran the ball well that game, they just decided to throw nearly 50 passes instead. Dumb.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs ran the ball well that game, they just decided to throw nearly 50 passes instead. Dumb.

I firmly believe that that was the game where Brady had enough of Arians and became totally pissed off for the rest of the season. Remember Godwin, Evans, and Fournette all went down with injuries that night and it was then all throwing to Gronk and probably Scottie or Tyler I can’t even remember who cares.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/nfloncbs/status/1569078662347239424?s=21&t=HNkw58u49xZ4vXjIGFuezA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jon Bois needs to get in the habit of updating his videos.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao Lenny is such a troll

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/1569378787355250689?s=20&t=I6IReu6UceIPrxWMNgpNvQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like Godwin out a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1569382043091451906?s=20&t=I6IReu6UceIPrxWMNgpNvQ