Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

MetaJew posted:

This, and also them jumping in to give Rittenhouse a T-shirt and some sort of support, at least initially. I'm sure they've done more.

There's a pretty interesting article NYT published on BRCC if anyone missed it at the time. No, they didn't give Rittenhouse a T-shirt, and according to one of the founders lost thousands of subscribing customers with their unwillingness to support him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/magazine/black-rifle-coffee-company.html. If you get paywalled try this link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Ether Frenzy posted:

You talking about the California that has 2 senators and a greater population than the 15 red states combined with 30 senators?

That is literally how senators work, yes.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

California gave the US Reagan and Nixon as well as Devin Nunes and crypto-republicans such as Pelosi and Feinstein. It is very much not all blue.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

~Coxy posted:

That is literally how senators work, yes.

It's a hosed up way to set up government op

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yes but so is the idea of a few cities being able to dictate everything to everyone else living in places of which they have no understanding.

Don't think I exclude myself, I don't know what it's like to live in even a city as big as Denver, let alone SD/SF/LA.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yes but so is the idea of a few cities being able to dictate everything to everyone else living in places of which they have no understanding.

Don't think I exclude myself, I don't know what it's like to live in even a city as big as Denver, let alone SD/SF/LA.

Yeah but instead of that we have something around 15% of the population having the majority of congresspersons. Abolish congress, keep the house and fix gerrymandering.

Go back to cspam I tell myself.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

22 Eargesplitten posted:

But the opposite of that is OK?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Democracy should mean that the will of the people is maybe actually followed instead of splitting all the votes up so that a minority always wins. So yeah, the Senate loving sucks and so does gerrymandering.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

the "few cities" is where all the people live, though, is the thing

land shouldnt get to vote

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If the vast majority of people are in the cities then drat right they get the most say over whatever the opinion of Nowhere / population 100 is esp for poo poo like trans rights and womens rights. Thats how a proper representitive democracy works and it's the best we got, despite all it's flaws.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sounds like you shouldn't be one country...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sounds like you shouldn't be one country...

ok, but where do you draw the line? just give up on anyone who live in a state ruled by shitheads? are there any that aren't?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

There's a pretty interesting article NYT published on BRCC if anyone missed it at the time. No, they didn't give Rittenhouse a T-shirt, and according to one of the founders lost thousands of subscribing customers with their unwillingness to support him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/magazine/black-rifle-coffee-company.html. If you get paywalled try this link

I'll also note that early in the pandemic Mat Best did a catchy song promoting quarantining and social distancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3xpRZITi2w

That vid was pretty widely circulated amongst the gun crowd at the time. Yeah, they're not all wearing N95s or full goony respirators but I think it was a fairly alright take on things at the time, audience considered. I know I'm coming across as some sort of Black Rifle Coffee apologist, but I've never once drank their swill and have no plans to start. I just think they get a ton of poo poo thrown their way because of assault rifle 15 and the obvious assholes who buy and rep their merch.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Raluek posted:

ok, but where do you draw the line? just give up on anyone who live in a state ruled by shitheads? are there any that aren't?

Maybe you can use population density, have a bunch of city states.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Maybe you can use population density, have a bunch of city states.

that would be interesting

of course, they don't really want to secede. team red knows that all the money and services come from blue areas, and they'd never make it on their own. what they really want is dominance over everyone else, not separation.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

c355n4 posted:

I don't know why it felt so weird to write/send that email. I hope I didn't sound like a crazy person.
No, I think that's a perfectly reasonable email, present to them how you feel this could reflect on their brand, and let them have a think about it.

One of the things with this stuff is that, if it's not something that's pretty big news and widely out there like Trump or the Proud Boys etc, companies may not be aware of the associations of a given brand or group unless someone spells it out for them.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

BuckyDoneGun posted:

But the opposite of that is OK?

No. I don't have a solution, I have depression.

Joke answer: The state that passed Prop 13 doesn't get 12% of the entire country's opinion on anything.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 9, 2022

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I'll also note that early in the pandemic Mat Best did a catchy song promoting quarantining and social distancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3xpRZITi2w

That vid was pretty widely circulated amongst the gun crowd at the time. Yeah, they're not all wearing N95s or full goony respirators but I think it was a fairly alright take on things at the time, audience considered. I know I'm coming across as some sort of Black Rifle Coffee apologist, but I've never once drank their swill and have no plans to start. I just think they get a ton of poo poo thrown their way because of assault rifle 15 and the obvious assholes who buy and rep their merch.

I think they get a lot of poo poo because they're nazis, op.

gently caress them any anyone who uses/supports/associates/gets sponsored by them.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I was just reading the OSHA thread, and I read AvE went from anti-mask to anti-mask to claiming that oily rags don't constitute a fire hazard.

Anyone still watching that dumb gently caress who can confirm?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I can't understand anything he says anymore, so maybe he did, maybe he didn't? Who can really tell?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Elviscat posted:

I was just reading the OSHA thread, and I read AvE went from anti-mask to anti-mask to claiming that oily rags don't constitute a fire hazard.

Why am I not surprised? I haven't watched him in years. His schtick got really annoying and once the Patreon-bucks starting really flowing, I knew he was going to beeline for the lowest common denominator.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

sharkytm posted:

Why am I not surprised? I haven't watched him in years. His schtick got really annoying and once the Patreon-bucks starting really flowing, I knew he was going to beeline for the lowest common denominator.

ABOM79 received a fuckload of CNC machines for his shop recently and i clearly remember AvE getting proper insufferable just after getting his. I hope ABOM doesn't go full chud like AvE.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Elviscat posted:

Ok, so I can at least kinda understand the thought process behind being anti-mask but who the gently caress says chemistry and physics are wrong?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Anti-maskers :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Large Testicles posted:

Ok, so I can at least kinda understand the thought process behind being anti-mask but who the gently caress says chemistry and physics are wrong?

hopefully that's rhetorical...

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

SlowBloke posted:

ABOM79 received a fuckload of CNC machines for his shop recently and i clearly remember AvE getting proper insufferable just after getting his. I hope ABOM doesn't go full chud like AvE.

Adam Booth seems like the least political dude on the planet.

I hope he doesn't chud out, I need something to fall asleep to.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Abom seems apolitical, but his modern videos do nothing for me. I mean good for him for leaning into the youtube stuff and getting a new shop, but it's getting to feel a bit "look at all my new stuff" vs the earlier "here's how you make this part and how you use these tools".

Now there's another guy I found on youtube called Fitzee and that guy's stuff is just exactly what I'm looking for. Highly recommended for anyone doing bodywork and dealing with rust. Does almost everything with basic tools:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JPmJ_aicru8XPWr3EvJnw

I sure hope he doesn't post anything chuddy in the future, so far he's been just good tips and tricks though. A big reccomend from me.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Abom seems apolitical, but his modern videos do nothing for me. I mean good for him for leaning into the youtube stuff and getting a new shop, but it's getting to feel a bit "look at all my new stuff" vs the earlier "here's how you make this part and how you use these tools".

Now there's another guy I found on youtube called Fitzee and that guy's stuff is just exactly what I'm looking for. Highly recommended for anyone doing bodywork and dealing with rust. Does almost everything with basic tools:

I sure hope he doesn't post anything chuddy in the future, so far he's been just good tips and tricks though. A big reccomend from me.

It's the same for me, it happened around the time he quit his day job to become a creator. I really liked his old Saturday Night Specials, where he talked to the camera, showed viewer gifts and shared news about his life. I was thinking about sending him a gift, but it doesn't seem like he cares all that much about that stuff anymore.

Now here's a great machining channel, no BS and very entertaining: https://www.youtube.com/c/CuttingEdgeEngineeringAustralia

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

His accent! A lot of stuff he says with an Irish accent, others with Canadian, utterly fascinating! (watching the video about wheel arches)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I guess that's Newfoundland for you. Never heard anyone from there speak AFAIK

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
The chuddiest Youtube Creator is probably Keith Fenner, having the pledge of allegiance at the beginning of every video, and throwing in quips and remarks about the current government and president. He also talked about going away from Youtube when they were cracking down on the maga and right wing-stuff, but I guess there's no viewers on the other site?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

afen posted:

The chuddiest Youtube Creator is probably Keith Fenner, having the pledge of allegiance at the beginning of every video

loving lmao

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

afen posted:

having the pledge of allegiance at the beginning of every video

Wikipedia posted:

"Virtue signalling", according to the Cambridge Dictionary, is "an attempt to show other people that you are a good person, for example by expressing opinions that will be acceptable to them, especially on social media". The expression is often used to imply that the virtue being signalled is exaggerated or insincere.

As always with these loving clowns, the thing they screech about other people doing is just projection visible from space.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
The week where everyone's dunking on the UK for their monarchy and weird traditions associated with it, and here we are getting reminded that the pledge of allegiance is a thing :buddy:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised they haven't started claiming "no no, its the bellamy salute, I'm a patriot you see".

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I say the pledge of allegiance every morning and before every meal, as the Bible instructs.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

afen posted:

The chuddiest Youtube Creator is probably Keith Fenner, having the pledge of allegiance at the beginning of every video, and throwing in quips and remarks about the current government and president. He also talked about going away from Youtube when they were cracking down on the maga and right wing-stuff, but I guess there's no viewers on the other site?

I have never unsubscribed quicker from a channel than when he started doing that bullshit :lol:

It was a shame, he used to do some great videos, but around the time he got divorced and moved to his new shop, he started his flag and pledge of allegiance nonsense and I was all done.

He's in my state, too. We're such a blue state we are literally the only state to not vote for Nixon in his landslide reelection. The absolute bluest of blues and this weirdo dingleberry insists on renewing his magical skycloth cult vows on every fuckin video.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

bird with big dick posted:

I say the pledge of allegiance every morning and before every meal, as the Bible instructs.

Like Senator Josh Hawley just said -- “Without the Bible, there is no America”

https://www.salon.com/2022/09/13/without-the-bible-there-is-no-america-josh-hawley-goes-full-christian-nationalist-at-natcon/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

As always with these loving clowns, the thing they screech about other people doing is just projection visible from space.

With the Republicans, Every Accusation Is A Confession.

Huh. He's not entirely wrong. Pretty sure a large swath of "America" was founded/settled by folks trying to escape the Bible or a particular interpretation of the Bible, so in that respect...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Like my people who fled to Pennsylvania to stop being murdered by the Lutherans and Catholics. Good thing hate crimes based on the bible never came to America!