Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Welp, and here I thought it was a good time to order solar panels with an incoming SMPVC government and guaranteed subventions.
I mean, last time MP paid for my electric car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm a little surprised how badly it went for V. I had the impression that they had gained in popularity.

Leftist policies are always very popular. Leftism. Not so much.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So with a more than 50% mandate and budget control, can the coalition governing Sweden do pretty much whatever they want?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Is SD assembling death squads yet?

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

lilljonas posted:

Previous years they have been. A lot of utlandsröster are conservative boomers living in Spain etc

And ~entrepreneurs~ in various tax havens. Because of this, and because turnout is low, the only parties doing outreach to expat Swedes are M, L, etc. My own vote for V is in one of those mail bags, I just hope there's many more like that this time. We're back to a difference of one mandate again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

SD have more immigrant voters than MP.

They're still nazis though.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I hate Sweden so god dang much

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

jeebus bob posted:

So an L+KD+M government completely beholden to the demands of SD

- unless one or two people from the first three parties votes against it, which would take immense courage and principles (lol)

Good loving luck swegoons, I still have nightmares about 10 damned years of VKO

Actually come to think of it, this situation is more reminiscent of 2015 when the Danish right won a narrow majority, with almost all the borgerlige partier losing votes except DF who became the biggest of them.

DF then didn't participate in the eventual government (by choice, thinking they could repeat the winning formula of the '00s) and the end result was that the whole right wing fractured as well as marking the beginning of the end for DF... So there is hope :sweden:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SD have been pretty explicit that they want to be part of a right-wing government, though.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
This is the best situation imaginable for L, if they had any backbone that is, now that the right wing coalition needs every single mandate they have to push through legislation.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

I hate Sweden so god dang much

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm a little surprised how badly it went for V. I had the impression that they had gained in popularity.

Leftist policies are always very popular. Leftism. Not so much.

Well, comrade 4% liked MP this election.
Not all leftist policies are going popular and those that are have been adopted by the middle ( ex latest Vi I Villa )

Seagull Fiasco posted:

And ~entrepreneurs~ in various tax havens. Because of this, and because turnout is low, the only parties doing outreach to expat Swedes are M, L, etc. My own vote for V is in one of those mail bags, I just hope there's many more like that this time. We're back to a difference of one mandate again.

My siblings who live abroad says that it is only M and C who have done outreach to them.

jeebus bob posted:

Actually come to think of it, this situation is more reminiscent of 2015 when the Danish right won a narrow majority, with almost all the borgerlige partier losing votes except DF who became the biggest of them.

DF then didn't participate in the eventual government (by choice, thinking they could repeat the winning formula of the '00s) and the end result was that the whole right wing fractured as well as marking the beginning of the end for DF... So there is hope :sweden:

Denmark is like 5-10 years ahead of Sweden in terms of politics so that makes sense.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
When I went to bed last night 94% of the votes where counted, now when I woke up it's still 94%, what districts are left to count, is there a chance the red block takes this still?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Kamrat posted:

When I went to bed last night 94% of the votes where counted, now when I woke up it's still 94%, what districts are left to count, is there a chance the red block takes this still?

Yes, which is why I am not yet actively gloating and self probating myself.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Cardiac posted:

So there's still hope, thanks... c'mon people, count those votes! :)

fnox
May 19, 2013

I believe the lead is by two seats, so they could very well still sway to the left.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

At 95% votes counted it's one seat.

Edit: not that I'm looking forward to another 4 years of Centerpartiet dictating economic policies. Gods forbid that Vänsterpartiet are allowed to exercise their terrifying beliefs, like affordable dental care and higher pensions. Monsters, the lot of them.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 12, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/fiskargubbe/status/1569217551426633729?s=46&t=Uwqhxl2KF6Qz5IhF9YaZaA

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

anatomi posted:

At 95% votes counted it's one seat.

Edit: not that I'm looking forward to another 4 years of Centerpartiet dictating economic policies. Gods forbid that Vänsterpartiet are allowed to exercise their terrifying beliefs, like affordable dental care and higher pensions. Monsters, the lot of them.

Silly you. Everyone knows that teeth are bonus bones that you get to keep only if you're not poor.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2022-09-12/nyans-nast-storst-pa-rosengard--anda-under-sparren-till-kommunfullmaktige

It would be ironic if we get SD in the government due to foreign born splitting the S vote in certain areas. S usually have dictator level of support in the polls in these areas.

Another factor is that only 83% voted, which is usually a bad sign for S.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Low Turnout and urban/rural changes are what sunk C and S this time.

I doubt Nyans has a decisive impact. I'd be surprised if it was more than 20k nationally. Those districts where they have 24% have like 150 voters in total, and a lower turnout this year aswell.

Eitherway, time for Morgan Johansson to go I think.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

S doesn't know how to excite voters any more, and them ruling (with some issues) for 8 years has shown the people that they can't really trust S to fix the issues people feel are important, a lot of these voters could've voted V instead but I think V has a hard time reaching out to olds because of their history.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiac posted:

Residents of Denmark are permitted to pre-emptively gloat amongst themselves?

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Kamrat posted:

S doesn't know how to excite voters any more, and them ruling (with some issues) for 8 years has shown the people that they can't really trust S to fix the issues people feel are important, a lot of these voters could've voted V instead but I think V has a hard time reaching out to olds because of their history.

That is a possibility. Ontop of the fact that this election was dirty as hell and all about racist topics, save maybe the energy crisis.

I do think that the queues affected turnout a bit aswell.

Now boomers are not the problem generally, it is the fact that M and SD got like 25% each in the 18-21 demographic. We have a whole generation of Nazi zoomers on our hands who grew up on Avpixlat etc.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/detljuvalivet/status/1569272455511818240?s=46&t=Uwqhxl2KF6Qz5IhF9YaZaA

Detta vänsterträsk som är SVT!

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Now boomers are not the problem generally, it is the fact that M and SD got like 25% each in the 18-21 demographic. We have a whole generation of Nazi zoomers on our hands who grew up on Avpixlat etc.

It is rather interesting how V lost the radical vote among young people.
I have an idea why, it is called reality.

Rust Martialis posted:

Residents of Denmark are permitted to pre-emptively gloat amongst themselves?

Sure, go ahead.

I doubt Nyans has a decisive impact. I'd be surprised if it was more than 20k nationally. Those districts where they have 24% have like 150 voters in total, and a lower turnout this year aswell.

Eitherway, time for Morgan Johansson to go I think.

Nyans is going to massively self-destruct once they reach any form of representation.
Think AfS for muslims.

Morgan Johansson leaving is like a no-brainer at this point.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Cardiac posted:

It is rather interesting how V lost the radical vote among young people.
I have an idea why, it is called reality.
How did they lose something they never had? They've gone from 11% to 10% in the 18-21 bracket. What are you referring to?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
It's a bad day in many ways. My sole consolement right now is that you have a razor-thin majority, maybe as little as a single seat, and four parties spanning a very very broad spectrum when it comes to political ideas beyond "make life tougher for brown people". They probably can't even agree on how and which kind of brown people they hate. It'll be interesting (in a sad way) to see. A single politisk vilde from L for example could overturn the entire ship for Uffe further downstreams.

Even now L is saying that they will not support a government with SD and SD is demanding ministerial posts (which kinda makes sense given they are, well, the biggest party in the brown-blue coalition).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
On the other hand, think about how much money various shareholders will make! We will privatize so much taxmoney! It's a win/win for everyone that matters basically.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Hell world developments from here would be C booting Lööf and put someone who doesn’t have a shred of integrity at the helm, giving the right block a comfortable majority.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

Hell world developments from here would be C booting Lööf and put someone who doesn’t have a shred of integrity at the helm, giving the right block a comfortable majority.

This might actually give S a real chance at doing proper oppositional politics.

MP andto a greater extent C are big roadblocks for S and their reformist faction. V are very immature which kills their voter base but at the very least are more agreeable economically. As long as the red-greens don't need to cater to C they have a bigger chance to find support. What we are seeing is an implosion of "the liberal center" that Annie Lööf talked about for so long.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 12, 2022

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

V are very immature which kills their voter base
What makes V immature and what would you change to make them more mature?

Jon Pod Van Damm fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 12, 2022

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Edit: nah

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What is Nyans anyway?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

ted hitler hunter posted:

What makes V immature and what would you change to make them more mature?

I don't know what V actually does, but I've read their website this election cycle and it's just stupid.
Most of the policies they're describing are super vague "we just want equality and prosperity for everyone <3" with no specifics on how they're planning to accomplish anything at all.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Collateral Damage posted:

What is Nyans anyway?

A Turkish party that wants to have systembolget open from Monday to Thursday. Oh and dislikes gays.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

With the V loss and S gain I wonder if any other people were like me. S voters tactically voting V but that then became slightly worried at V often humiliating S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/kwasbeb/status/1569338307460616193?s=20&t=-09xzqx-4suUblLxTAqCQA