Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/5073113#paper

This might be the best modern goblins deck ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The new goblin combo with it is incredibly hilarious if only because it's entirely random that you get to do it

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Looks like not enough people are playing Hushbringer.

And lmao, I just also learned that while it stops the elementals come into play ability, it also means the elemental isn't sacrificed anymore either. Turns out they are strong bodies too.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Eej posted:

The new goblin combo with it is incredibly hilarious if only because it's entirely random that you get to do it

I don't understand what you mean by entirely random. The deck is reasonably consistant. The deck is still probably not good, but the new lord has made the deck actually playable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Toshimo posted:

Given that they loved using real-world references back then and Golgotha was the hill on which Judas betrayed Jesus, it's probably some poo poo like "This bowl contained the blood collected when the spear pierced Jesus' side" like a Lance of Longinus being a holy weapon type of deal.
I thought that it was because the artist misunderstood what they were supposed to draw, similar to that Lemure card that the artist drew a lemur for instead

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Sickening posted:

I don't understand what you mean by entirely random. The deck is reasonably consistant. The deck is still probably not good, but the new lord has made the deck actually playable.

The one where you win with Rundvelt Hordemaster + Snoop on field and Kiki-Jiki on top of your deck as long as they aren't holding an instant speed sweeper like Kozilek's Return.

E: oh wait I forgot you can set it up with Boggart Harbinger

Eej fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 10, 2022

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

And lmao, I just also learned that while it stops the elementals come into play ability, it also means the elemental isn't sacrificed anymore either. Turns out they are strong bodies too.

lol. That was part of the joke, but Poe’s Law and all that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Eej posted:

The one where you win with Rundvelt Hordemaster + Snoop on field and Kiki-Jiki on top of your deck as long as they aren't holding an instant speed sweeper like Kozilek's Return.

E: oh wait I forgot you can set it up with Boggart Harbinger

Snoop+harbinger was already the combo the deck set up when Snoop came out. I don't think Rundvelt offers much to the combo: infinite is infinite and you already had "dies=damage" triggers.
What Rundvelt offers is more resilience against cards like verdict and fury. Gobbos can't play out if the graveyard like zombies can, but getting to vial in red undead augur on curve in response to a wrath to draw 3-4 cards will beat a control deck most times.
Offer not valid against angry gods.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AlternateNu posted:

lol. That was part of the joke, but Poe’s Law and all that

That was a joke?
People are always suggesting it straight faced.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
If I recall the Brothers War book correctly, Mishra more or less started the war by sleeping with Urza’s wife.

Which is kind of a funny inciting event for the story of wizards poker

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Snoop+harbinger was already the combo the deck set up when Snoop came out. I don't think Rundvelt offers much to the combo: infinite is infinite and you already had "dies=damage" triggers.
What Rundvelt offers is more resilience against cards like verdict and fury. Gobbos can't play out if the graveyard like zombies can, but getting to vial in red undead augur on curve in response to a wrath to draw 3-4 cards will beat a control deck most times.

It also helps you search by getting poo poo off the top of the deck.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

HootTheOwl posted:

That was a joke?
People are always suggesting it straight faced.

People are also pretty bad at this game. It was the double edge to everyone bitching about the elemental ETBs because going for the easy direct answer means you just get to deal with a free relevant body instead. :v:

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Mike N Eich posted:

If I recall the Brothers War book correctly, Mishra more or less started the war by sleeping with Urza’s wife.

Which is kind of a funny inciting event for the story of wizards poker
Nah that happened like, midway through. When the war started they were both like, high level advisors but the war kept escalating and pulling in new countries and they both gradually got more and more power until it was they were both in charge.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

For as much of a complete rear end in a top hat shithead fucker that Urza was, he didn't start the war. Mishra basically threw a temper tantrum because he wanted Urza's toy (Mightstone) in addition to his own (Meekstone), plus the dumb gently caress was wearing a phyrexian necklace that was corrupting him (Mishra's Bauble).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Silhouette posted:

For as much of a complete rear end in a top hat shithead fucker that Urza was, he didn't start the war. Mishra basically threw a temper tantrum because he wanted Urza's toy (Mightstone) in addition to his own (Meekstone), plus the dumb gently caress was wearing a phyrexian necklace that was corrupting him (Mishra's Bauble).

Mishra had the Weakstone, not the Meekstone.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Urza had the dickstone

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

I mean, I’d also be pretty pissed if my brother got the mightstone and I got the weakstone

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Toshimo posted:

Mishra had the Weakstone, not the Meekstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o52clsoKW8g

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ya poo poo's weakstone, Mishra

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Is Transguild Courier a multicolored spell? I say no, because it doesn't require multiple colors to cast it and it's a multicolored permanent according to the card text but says nothing about the spell while being cast, but I'm getting into a dumb online argument with someone who insists that it is.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

I brought my Drake posted:

Is Transguild Courier a multicolored spell? I say no, because it doesn't require multiple colors to cast it and it's a multicolored permanent according to the card text but says nothing about the spell while being cast, but I'm getting into a dumb online argument with someone who insists that it is.

The rulings listed on Scryfall confirm that it is multicolored everywhere:
https://scryfall.com/card/dmc/194/transguild-courier

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

TacoNight posted:

The rulings listed on Scryfall confirm that it is multicolored everywhere:
https://scryfall.com/card/dmc/194/transguild-courier

Oh God dammit I hate being wrong on the internet.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I brought my Drake posted:

Yes, CDAs like "what color this is" and "what type this is" (like changeling) function in all zones. Your hand, the graveyard, in play. Even in your trade-binder, the currior is all colors.
E: phone posting, I meant changeling, not channel.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah color setting abilities are characteristic-defining abilities and apply in all zones
https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Characteristic-defining_ability

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Apparently Lemurs got their name from Lemures in the first place because Carl Linnaeus thought they were kind of similar, so I guess he Planeswalked over from Ice Age Dominaria and that’s the explanation for all this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Weakstone, ahhhhhhhh fighter of the Mightstone

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

Ya poo poo's weakstone, Mishra

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't think I said anything about Rundvelt being key to the function of the deck, I was just saying the combo of infinite snoops dying and exiling your library until you see Sling Gang is funny.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Eej posted:

I don't think I said anything about Rundvelt being key to the function of the deck, I was just saying the combo of infinite snoops dying and exiling your library until you see Sling Gang is funny.

I read your comment as Rundvelt adding something novel to the deck's combo potential.
If that's not what you meant then my B.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
goblins are funny, period

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

goblins are funny, period

Only when they are not winning, like all the other tribes and strategies.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I put Destroy Evil in my deck to deal with Sheoldred. Killing Sigarda, Champion of Light with it just feels wrong.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Chamale posted:

I put Destroy Evil in my deck to deal with Sheoldred. Killing Sigarda, Champion of Light with it just feels wrong.

Maybe creatures that bolt can't kill are inherently evil.

Maybe that's a correlation.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Dumb Commander question: if I have the new Sol'kanar as my Commander, I can't cheat my way out of the fourth option ("Exile Sol'kanar, then return it to the battlefield under an opponent's control") using the "if your Commander leaves play, you can return it to your Command Zone instead" rule, since the entire ability has to resolve before the game checks state-based effects to see that he was exiled, correct?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Top 8'd back to back Pioneer RCQs this weekend. 4th-8th on saturday, 3rd-4th on Sunday.
Was on Boros Heroic, had to sneak in on Breakers both times.

Mono-green matchup is like, ludicrously good. It might be 80-20. I would reccomend anyone looking at a field that is 35%-40% mono green to check out the deck!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Dumb Commander question: if I have the new Sol'kanar as my Commander, I can't cheat my way out of the fourth option ("Exile Sol'kanar, then return it to the battlefield under an opponent's control") using the "if your Commander leaves play, you can return it to your Command Zone instead" rule, since the entire ability has to resolve before the game checks state-based effects to see that he was exiled, correct?

it's a replacement effect so you decide during the resolution of the blink effect

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought that you couldn't choose to send it to your commander zone until it's on jts way to exile and once it's resolving there's not a step for state based responses.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Top 8'd back to back Pioneer RCQs this weekend. 4th-8th on saturday, 3rd-4th on Sunday.

Mono-green matchup is like, ludicrously good. It might be 80-20. I would reccomend anyone looking at a field that is 35%-40% mono green to check out the deck!

Decklist me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paul Zuvella posted:

Nice job. I took scam to a modern RCQ but had to leave early for a pet emergency (cat's doing fine thankfully)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

W.T. Fits posted:

Correct. With the 2020 change, it's a SBA, not a Replacement Effect, so once the ability starts resolution, it completes fully before SBAs can be checked.