Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think I saw a push notification that the power went out on parts of the underground today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Camrath posted:

I was kicking around the idea of doing a salted caramel ‘Tears of the Nation’ flavour, but A. My wife has reminded me I’m on holiday this week and B. People are totally loving crazy atm and I have no desire to have it all blow up in my face.

yeah don't end up like chip shop woman

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Camrath posted:

I was kicking around the idea of doing a salted caramel ‘Tears of the Nation’ flavour, but A. My wife has reminded me I’m on holiday this week and B. People are totally loving crazy atm and I have no desire to have it all blow up in my face.

Sell it exclusively to the Irish market

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Out of respect for the queen please rawdog your girlfriend/one night stand https://twitter.com/Reverend_Makers/status/1569080642909966337?t=64ol8hFDSMROcbgfX5Q3-g&s=19

Surely everyone will be at half-mast during the mourning period anyway, so they won't be needed?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

josh04 posted:

https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/1569270901685862403

Got to say, this stuff absolutely boils my piss. Sick country.

Gotta love that "protect free speech but only the kind that lets you be a big racist" energy

Well not love, lose hope and despair at maybe

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Angepain posted:

ok i'm done posting them all except the really awful/weird ones

That fox is going to gently caress the dead queen

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Angepain posted:

ok i'm done posting them all except the really awful/weird ones

So has Ireland been shrunk and made to join the UK in morning the Queen if it wants to be re-biggulated?

Or is the Isle to the left of Scotland meant to be Northern Ireland, and the rest of Ireland has been removed because otherwise it's inconvenient?

Gonzo McFee posted:

That fox is going to gently caress the dead queen

(In Heaven. Lustful Fox looks at Queen Elizabeth. She knows she is in trouble. She reaches into her handbag and pulls out a small electronic device and presses the button.

CUT TO:
The stately home of Jolyon Maugham QC KC, who along with his junior, Richard Grayson the third, are taking instructions from a client.)

Jolyon: So as I explained it is vital that you explain to me your timeline of where you were on the night of the murder, if I am to establish your innocence.
(Landine phone lights up red, silently.)
I'm sorry but an important matter has come up, please talk to the solicitor and we can reschedule our meeting.

Richard Grayson: Holy Interupted Consultations Jolyon, we will have surely lost the brief after that display.

Joylon: Perhaps old chum, but it seems like there is a higher calling coming through. One that can only be answered by Cricket-Batman and HOWZAT: The Bowl Wonder.

(Que intro sequence. End; prologue. )

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 12, 2022

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

josh04 posted:

Curious what the official reason for this will be. With the other one having 'gently caress' in it they can argue offence as we have some pretty dumb vague rules in public swearing. But this one?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Curious what the official reason for this will be. With the other one having 'gently caress' in it they can argue offence as we have some pretty dumb vague rules in public swearing. But this one?

Conspiracy to boil piss.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Camrath posted:

Just make one that's fully WE WILL MISS YOU GRANDMA OF BRITANE, ARE ETERNAL QUEEN WILL LIVE FOREVER IN THE SKY WITH DIANA, union jack design, the whole works. Might as well let people channel their competetive mourning directly into your wallet.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Surprise T Rex posted:

Just make one that's fully WE WILL MISS YOU GRANDMA OF BRITANE, ARE ETERNAL QUEEN WILL LIVE FOREVER IN THE SKY WITH DIANA, union jack design, the whole works. Might as well let people channel their competetive mourning directly into your wallet.

I would, but I still have some dregs of pride and self-respect.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Not noticed anything different up her in Manchester. No one seems to give the faintest of shits which is nice.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Do you do a blue one? You could sell like, special union jack trays.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The only good thing about all the photos of the queen on everything are that it makes me read them in her voice.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

The only good thing about all the photos of the queen on everything are that it makes me read them in her voice.

Hope the local plod can take this evidence down to the SVU forensics lab and enhance that one guilty pixel enough to make a positive ID on the Phantom Chippy Eater

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

josh04 posted:

Looking forward to this year's Christmas number one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpVkaTXxEzs

NB: Do not click play on this video if you're in the UK or you will be arrested and thrown in jail.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

bring back hanging

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

interferin wiv kids? well, iss iz royal perogative innit

interferin wiv me fackin bins?? 'ang im!!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Interesting that my constituency is the 7th most anti royal place in the UK but is entirely filled with land rover driving 2.4 children families building extensions and shouting about youths in hoodies being up to no good.

Sheffield :allears:

Also my ceo announced a mandatory camera on policy for all meetings at work today across the entire company. So thats a fun thing. "it has come to our attention that some individuals are not using their webcams" fucksake. Is it 2020? This was objectively disproven to help anyone and is a massive fatigue contributor.

Gotta get folks in to the office to make use of the aeron graveyard by slowly making WFH worse and worse. Yay.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

big scary monsters posted:

Looking forward to this year's Christmas number one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpVkaTXxEzs

NB: Do not click play on this video if you're in the UK or you will be arrested and thrown in jail.

I totally forgot how much I loved this song back in high school.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

Mebh posted:

Interesting that my constituency is the 7th most anti royal place in the UK but is entirely filled with land rover driving 2.4 children families building extensions and shouting about youths in hoodies being up to no good.

Sheffield :allears:

Also my ceo announced a mandatory camera on policy for all meetings at work today across the entire company. So thats a fun thing. "it has come to our attention that some individuals are not using their webcams" fucksake. Is it 2020? This was objectively disproven to help anyone and is a massive fatigue contributor.

Gotta get folks in to the office to make use of the aeron graveyard by slowly making WFH worse and worse. Yay.
Oh hey Manchester Withington specifically is there, almost literally next to where I live. Hell yeah!
Also if you're in that area go to the Coffee House Café where the Marcus Rashford mural is, best barms around. I hope they can deal with the coming winter :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

interferin wiv me fackin bins?? 'ang im!!
I was reading a thing about divinity and disgust within the foundations of civilizations

quote:

I first found divinity in disgust. When I began to study morality, I read the moral codes of many cultures, and the first thing I learned is that most cultures are very concerned about food, sex, menstruation, and the handling of corpses. Because I had always thought morality was about how people treat each other, I dismissed all this stuff about "purity" and "pollution" (as the anthropologists call it) as extraneous to real morality. ... But as I read further, I began to discern an underlying logic: the logic of disgust. According to the leading theory of disgust in the 1980s, by Paul Rozin, disgust is largely about animals and the products of animal bodies (few plants or inorganic materials are disgusting), and disgusting things are contagious by touch. Disgust therefore seemed somehow related to the concerns about animals, body products (blood, excrement), washing, and touch that are so clear in the Old Testament, the Koran, Hindu scriptures, and many ethnographies of traditional societies.

It makes sense that the key objects in the British animist tradition are The Bins and The Royals, and the disgusting binbags that mediate between the two.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Pleased to see so much anti monarchy sentiment in Wales. I now a few people were hoping to see the Prince of Wales title retired, Charles didn't miss a beat passing that thing on and keeping it alive.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Mebh posted:

lol I had an early meeting with my boss recently and he accidentally turned his camera on showing him lying in bed. I've long suspected our morning meetings look basically like this, now I know for sure:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The bobbies detained someone for heckling Andrew

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Only Kindness posted:

Time for the freeze-peach warriors to step up.

~ crickets ~

~ tumbleweeds ~
imagine the heartbreaking_worst_person_you_know.jpg, but blown up to 10 times its normal size
https://twitter.com/spectator/status/1569324969061806080?cxt=HHwWgMCj4dSvrscrAAAA

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mebh posted:

Ha, I like "aeron graveyard" a lot. Although my office is full of the cheaper Zody chairs, which basically suck rear end. Plus, management instituted hotdesking at the start of 2020, so you have to recalibrate the fiddly chair each time because you no longer have your own desk, and if you leave for even an hour to have a meeting someone else can nick your spot.

No one has ever been able to answer my questions about how the new approach is compatible with workplace ergonomics, COVID safety, or productivity, but jokes on them because the 1000-person building now sits empty and they've had to mothball most of the floors. Cursed place, may I never return!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Apraxin posted:

imagine the heartbreaking_worst_person_you_know.jpg, but the forehead blown up to 10 times its normal size

Ftfy

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Don't even need to click the tweet to know that someone will have photoshopped that in the replies already.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Apparently the arrests are all the fault of "The republican SNP" which I'm sure is less cool than it sounds.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1569326012156059649

shedding a single patriotic Gamer Tear for the late queen before sighing in minor inconvenience and tuning into literally any other channel that just mirrors the US version of the stream

but lmao

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

https://twitter.com/monkeyscrewnuts/status/1569275227259162638

shes all we've known.....

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Knowing other things is treasonous.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Overminty posted:

shes all we've known.....

look if you haven't been trapped in a solid box since birth showing only footage of the queen in a deeply morally questionable experiment in human brain development are you really a true brit

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Can we offer you a queen in these trying times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu8rNMr9RTI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mebh posted:

Hell yes top 5 :toot:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cool and very much not cursed https://twitter.com/Trans_Writes/status/1569297677212327941

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

While I'm thinking about it where is your avatar from Rarity?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Apraxin posted:

imagine the heartbreaking_worst_person_you_know.jpg, but blown up to 10 times its normal size
https://twitter.com/rantingauthor/status/1569342548828897285?t=tfRiJvaQqJ2QFTrjQvQxUQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao the EHRC is a joke

Tesseraction posted:

While I'm thinking about it where is your avatar from Rarity?

I have no idea, it was gifted