Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Arrath posted:

Oh hell yes. That game ruled. And continued the tradition of Oddjob being overpowered as hell, cause his hat had insane aim assist and could nail cross map shots.

Agent Under Fire's multi-player was fun, too, especially when you figured out how to fly the Sentinel rocket well enough to blow people up inside the castle at the top of the ski resort map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This seems like a career where you spend thousands of hours waiting for the “oh holy loving poo poo” minute that you hope never comes, because if it does it carries the implication that nothing will ever be the same if you can’t resolve it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Throwback Sunday

https://i.imgur.com/mhq9OWH.mp4

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cugel the Clever posted:

Wonder if I'll see a Space Force One in my lifetime.

I'm just curious about Bear Force One now

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones
There was a mild sort of mishap involving the president's plane's call sign being confused with another aircraft that happened to be in the air at the same time. To prevent that ever being an issue again they switched to the AF1 thing. Presumably the marines felt left out.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I bet the crayons on Marine One are primo as gently caress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Interesting. I always kind of wondered about that, because I know ICBMs must move around on rails at times (for maintenance or being reloaded or used for a test). I’ve seen the videos of the road transfers, but I’ve always been wondering about rail ones ever since I saw the Godzilla 2014 movie (yes I’m a dork, but Godzilla owns).

Admittedly I’m sure anyone who wants to gently caress with a US nuke transport will die very quickly and badly.

https://youtu.be/K6rYwQIHM8Q

https://youtu.be/EyjQb3oJi80

The only thing I think when I'm watching this is "I KNOW the russians probably aren't putting in this much effort"

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

RFC2324 posted:

Please, none of the presidents have earned this title. Maybe teddy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Spirit Otter posted:

Please, none of the presidents have earned this title. Maybe teddy.

What if John Fettermen becomes President one day?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fetterman better step on Joe's nuts and run in '24. He has the twitter troll game to crush trump.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Fetterman better step on Joe's nuts and run in '24. He has the twitter troll game to crush trump.

If the only thing Fetterman did during a presidency was keep the lights on and de-schedule weed I'd vote so hard it would break the screen.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This seems like a career where you spend thousands of hours waiting for the “oh holy loving poo poo” minute that you hope never comes, because if it does it carries the implication that nothing will ever be the same if you can’t resolve it.

Yeah that poo poo is insane.

Also can't be good sitting 10+ hrs a day in full kit. Gotta be absolute killer on the back. Working as a security officer at nuke facility's gotta be a way better job, at least there you're out on foot patrol or have an opportunity to do a fixed post or roving patrol in a vehicle. With the nuke courier job you're just stuck in an armored vehicle for the entirety of your day with 3 dudes fighting over podcasts and playlists for 12 hrs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1569157298655739904

Supposedly, whatever it was saw him board the plane in golf cleats.

Please, please, please unannounced, surprise Fuckening. :pray:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Wonder if he is going to die of a heart attack from all those big macs

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 12, 2022

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Vicious, evil shitheels like DJT live forever, regardless of whatever health foibles they have. Something about stuffing children into chicken cages and kicking puppies gives you a lovely Picture of Dorian Gray effect.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Today I learned that there are auto-abort functions inside some space capsule / rocket thingies that can stop some launches in progress.

https://twitter.com/Psythor/status/1569336614891016193

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Supposedly, whatever it was saw him board the plane in golf cleats.

Is that that weird if you have a private plane? Surely he’s got a wardrobe somewhere on that 757.

facialimpediment posted:

Today I learned that there are auto-abort functions inside some space capsule / rocket thingies that can stop some launches in progress.

Like, about launch escape systems in general, or about automatic control thereof?

Notable launch abort incidents include:

Mercury–Redstone 1, the “Four Inch Flight”

A-003 which was, confusingly, the fourth test of Apollo’s LES. An abort was scheduled, but this one took place early when the rocket malfunctioned for real.

Soyuz 7K-ST No.16L. This one wasn’t at test at all. LES saved three cosmonauts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDJGZQsuhU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/Psythor/status/1569336614891016193

launch escape systems are cool as poo poo and the lack of one on the shuttle was criminal negligence.

in other space news, new JWST just dropped

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Vicious, evil shitheels like DJT live forever, regardless of whatever health foibles they have. Something about stuffing children into chicken cages and kicking puppies gives you a lovely Picture of Dorian Gray effect.

Point in case: DICK CHENEY AND loving HENRY KISSINGER ARE ALIVE IN TYOOL 2022

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

They are both lich.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It’s weird, because while Dick Cheney is a monster; he’s also down with Russia getting its rear end handed to them. Like Cold War Republicans (any that exist) oddly kind of fall into a “we can work with each other for now” mentally.

Plus and I’m not going to hand it to her, but Liz Cheney took a hell of a principled stand, even though she knew Cheeto would get someone to bump her off in the primary. Which is hilarious as lol at the idea she’s a “soy avocado toast liberal.”

With that said I totally understand both the moral and logical desire for him to be nailed to a cross for nearly everyone here and the misery he caused.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
81 huh. Eh dick cheney's still a pup by american political standards.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

81 huh. Eh dick cheney's still a pup by american political standards.

I think Walter Mondale held the record until recently, ignoring Storm, because gently caress him.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

shame on an IGA posted:

launch escape systems are cool as poo poo and the lack of one on the shuttle was criminal negligence dumb.

[Cool Space Picture]

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Is that that weird if you have a private plane? Surely he’s got a wardrobe somewhere on that 757.

He was shown getting off of a Citation. Last I knew, the 757 was down at least one engine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1568989797615542273https://twitter.com/AlanThornton69/status/1568993904476684288

CBJSprague24 posted:

He was shown getting off of a Citation. Last I knew, the 757 was down at least one engine.

:lol:

Has it been out of commission this entire time and I only just noticed?

Banning that guy from Twitter did wonders.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, the trump plane has basically been up on blocks since he had air force one to threw ketchup all over. No maintenance done, an engine that needed a full rebuild or something to that effect. Wasn't air worthy no more.

Did a fund raiser a few months? ago to get it back up and running. Took the cash, plane is still in the the hangar. Trump gonna trump.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

not caring here posted:

Yeah, the trump plane has basically been up on blocks since he had air force one to threw ketchup all over. No maintenance done, an engine that needed a full rebuild or something to that effect. Wasn't air worthy no more.

Did a fund raiser a few months? ago to get it back up and running. Took the cash, plane is still in the the hangar. Trump gonna trump.
Hangar? Last time I saw it (like 2017-18) it was still just standing in the elements on a ramp at LaGuardia.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I knew that it wasn’t ready to go when he left office but assumed he had it fixed in the span of almost two years.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know, I could've sworn it was down south somewhere, but not Florida for some strange reason.

Edit: Okay, apparently he IS doing something with it

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2022/07/08/eric-trump-teases-the-return-of-trump-force-one-757-private-jet/?sh=5798c5b63b4b

not caring here fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 12, 2022

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

RFC2324 posted:

That's reserved for the President of the NCR.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They finally got a loaner engine and got it down to... Louisiana I think for it's maintenance and refurb

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Goddamn, space is sexy

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SpencerGuard/status/1569338010306768898?t=J5j8rI_OcdxVHMHzsCrjrA&s=19

gently caress YESSSSS

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoke’em if you got’em.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That's reserved for the President of the NCR.

https://youtu.be/twQlpFrm5iM

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Whoa! Question isn't if they nabbed a general, but how many were caught. Heck wouldn't rule out some members of the Duma or prominent bloggers who didn't get the memo to flee. 22 generals surrendered at Stalingrad, would be absurd if they got that beat.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

My idiot, Swiss cheese internet brain goes
"Sick encirclement 10/10, that's like 20 divisions in HoI4"

And literally at a remarkably good place to pull encirclements in game, UKR knew

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Smoke’em if you got’em.

They got ‘em, but every thing I’ve ever been taught about the profession of arms prevents me from saying they should smoke ‘em.

“‘Em” being Russian soldiers.

I look forward to the news of the peaceful, humane, and good treatment of a huge swath of surrendering Russians. Get that out to the world. Get that on Russian Facebook and TikTok, and YouTube. Make that accessible, and you’ll get 100X more surrenders for each prisoner you treat and care for humanely. That’s something their own drat Army can’t do, imagine the utility of being able to say “No worries Ivan, you surrender to us, you will be ok.” in this hosed up war with extremely hosed up, disaffected, malnourished, conscripted military? That’s pretty huge.

Go Ukraine! 🇺🇦

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

They got ‘em, but every thing I’ve ever been taught about the profession of arms prevents me from saying they should smoke ‘em.

“‘Em” being Russian soldiers.

I look forward to the news of the peaceful, humane, and good treatment of a huge swath of surrendering Russians. Get that out to the world. Get that on Russian Facebook and TikTok, and YouTube. Make that accessible, and you’ll get 100X more surrenders for each prisoner you treat and care for humanely. That’s something their own drat Army can’t do, imagine the utility of being able to say “No worries Ivan, you surrender to us, you will be ok.” in this hosed up war with extremely hosed up, disaffected, malnourished, conscripted military? That’s pretty huge.

Go Ukraine! 🇺🇦

It was interesting to read how the thousands of Russians who surrendered during the Russo-Japanese War were treated by the Japanese with utmost care and courtesy with ample food, medical care, and even given Russian language magazines. I think this was because during that time Japan was prioritizing raising their stature to be on par with Western powers.