Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

joat mon posted:

Whoever built his cage needs a bonus.

Whoever built the rear wing, on the other hand, needs to be fired.
Pretty much useless (obviously...) located as low as they put it.

joat mon posted:

That shark nose probably generates a whole bunch of lift past 150 mph.

Which should have been counteracted by a proper wing.

That said, an air dam would have been a good idea, too. They tried to keep it stock-appearing a bit too much on both counts.

Batman is a crime-fighter, not a mechanic.
Though you'd think he would have a Bat-fire extinguisher button. Or one on his belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sharkytm posted:

I wired the horn to the turn signal circuit on an old frenemy's car.

Brake light is another good one.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

Whoever built the rear wing, on the other hand, needs to be fired.
Pretty much useless (obviously...) located as low as they put it.

Which should have been counteracted by a proper wing.

wouldn't more weight (downforce) behind the rear axle lead to less weight on the nose?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I punched the steering wheel in my 96 sentra one time and the horn got stuck on. It was pretty funny.

I was sitting behind a dude at a red light in my 10-year-old '82 Reliant and the light turned green and the guy didn't go anywhere so I blipped the horn at him, as one does. The horn stuck on. When the guy started to move and the horn stayed on he just looked at me in his rearview so I took both my hands off the wheel and waved at him to show him "It's not me, dude." Then I pulled into Blockbuster, popped the hood and disconnected the horn.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Raluek posted:

wouldn't more weight (downforce) behind the rear axle lead to less weight on the nose?

Hmmm. poo poo. My brain was not entirely tuned to “physics” yesterday.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Horrible mechanical failure caused by horrible mechanic.
https://i.imgur.com/DMKK56B.mp4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Fell right on his head and rear end.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Wasabi the J posted:

Fell right on his head and rear end.

Ragdoll physics engine looking pretty good.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

He deserved that violence for putting his foot on the wheel during that “procedure”.

I hope he wasn’t seriously injured, just enough to learn the lesson at hand.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Large Testicles posted:

Horrible mechanical failure caused by horrible mechanic.
https://i.imgur.com/DMKK56B.mp4

Last time I did this was a maserati wheel, and i didn't blow myself up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyNevGWprI

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

chrisgt posted:

Last time I did this was a maserati wheel, and i didn't blow myself up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyNevGWprI

the only time i've ever done that was beading 44s for my friend's mud truck because even the bazooka air tanks weren't enough.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If it shakes more than three times, you are playing with it.

sharkytm posted:

I think the best I've ever come up with was using an extra relay with the winding wired to the upshift lamp and COM wired to the left turn signal, NO wired to the normal horn trigger input on the relay such that it beeps repeatedly at you only when you happen to be turning left and don't shift super early.

I mean, other than that time I harvested a bunch of CDs from cars at the pick n pull, found the most ridiculous ones, and ended up putting Seal - Greatest Hits in shy boy from chess clubs car, maxed out the volume and started it playing, then shut it back off, so it would immediately start blasting at him the next morning.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I think the best I've ever come up with was using an extra relay with the winding wired to the upshift lamp and COM wired to the left turn signal, NO wired to the normal horn trigger input on the relay such that it beeps repeatedly at you only when you happen to be turning left and don't shift super early.

I mean, other than that time I harvested a bunch of CDs from cars at the pick n pull, found the most ridiculous ones, and ended up putting Seal - Greatest Hits in shy boy from chess clubs car, maxed out the volume and started it playing, then shut it back off, so it would immediately start blasting at him the next morning.

You know how I know you're an engineer?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MrYenko posted:

The weight difference between the two ain’t gonna make a difference at 150+. For a given angle of attack, lift is proportional to the square of velocity.

A factory C2 won't hit 150+ regardless; they're not even geared to get that high. I was just agreeing that yes, they get real light in the nose, and probably at lower speeds than most people would expect.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LifeSunDeath posted:

I punched the steering wheel in my 96 sentra one time and the horn got stuck on. It was pretty funny.

Water leaked through the seal on my soft top and dripped into the steering column...yeeeup. I was in a Taco Bell drive-thru so that was awkward.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

sharkytm posted:

I think the next time I go to the junkyard I'm going to pick up a few horns and wire them to trailer light plugs, just long enough that I can zip tie the horn up under the backs of my friends trucks.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

For extra comedy, get the horns from the smallest 80s shitboxes you can find (think Ford Festiva, Geo Metro, etc), or the largest 70s landbarges (the landbarges may have as many as 5). Either a tiny little meepmeep that you don't expect from a truck, or a loud as hell multi-tone HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK that makes you poo poo yourself.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/YtgVwsT.mp4

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
BMW.

Bavarian Mustang Works?

I know I know, there were no pedestrians....

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

BMW.

Bavarian Mustang Works?

I know I know, there were no pedestrians....

Well the 4 series does look like a mustang.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

kastein posted:

...and we're not in that business.

That's a really terrible Wingo tribute car!

HOW?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Run the air until the compressor stalls.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe because I assume Americans use moon units for everything but my brain immediately decided that the pressures weren’t that different from each other, and why would you post this picture of a perfectly fine thing.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I tried to get them to 100% but couldn't.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Oh, the Queen died.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I see that a lot with low-line systems that don't report individual pressures, just a "low tire" light. People will inexplicably just keep adding air and can't figure out why the light won't go out, so then they bring it to me and want the flat tire fixed.

No excuse for that person though. Unless that's a SRW 1 ton pickup, then it's not that far out of bounds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

honda whisperer posted:

I tried to get them to 100% but couldn't.

According to the source, it’s literally this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

According to the source, it’s literally this.

How long did they live after they informed the paramedics what caused the incident?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

How long did they live after they informed the paramedics what caused the incident?

Not long, sadly. It was storming at the time. They looked upward at the falling rain with their mouth hanging open and drowned :(

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010

My mom got her summer tires put on by a local shop and they filled the tires this much. I think it had to do with converting psi to kpa. The traction control hated it and was braking wheels randomly while I drove it down the highway. Was a fun time.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
yeah sure just pump more air into those tires but god forbid you put a single drop of windshield washer fluid in your car

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

A Real Happy Camper posted:

yeah sure just pump more air into those tires but god forbid you put a single drop of windshield washer fluid in your car

It was filled. Right into the oil fill or the radiator.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Hellaflush

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sykk camber mate!!

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

mustard_tiger posted:

My mom got her summer tires put on by a local shop and they filled the tires this much. I think it had to do with converting psi to kpa. The traction control hated it and was braking wheels randomly while I drove it down the highway. Was a fun time.
My mom's car had a flat tire and because she lives in the middle of nowhere, it took weeks to get a replacement shipped (apparently the local auto shop guy complained the tire was too soft so he couldn't really get it repaired and it kept leaking) and meanwhile all she had was a miserably tiny temporary use only spare which needed to be inflated to some obscene amounts of pressure, which made stability control want to brake that wheel all the time. A fun experience for sure, as soon as you let go of the accelerator the car suddenly tries to heavily veer off towards the left. I have no idea how the gently caress that spare tire qualifies as anything but a bad joke.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Ruflux posted:

My mom's car had a flat tire and because she lives in the middle of nowhere, it took weeks to get a replacement shipped (apparently the local auto shop guy complained the tire was too soft so he couldn't really get it repaired and it kept leaking) and meanwhile all she had was a miserably tiny temporary use only spare which needed to be inflated to some obscene amounts of pressure, which made stability control want to brake that wheel all the time. A fun experience for sure, as soon as you let go of the accelerator the car suddenly tries to heavily veer off towards the left. I have no idea how the gently caress that spare tire qualifies as anything but a bad joke.

I have a '17 Focus and I had to have the spare on for a couple days not too long ago waiting for a replacement and it was a loving huge pain in the rear end to drive with it on. Major torque steer while accelerating and lots of brake steering too. I think this is the first time I've ever driven a FWD car with a spare on the front, IDK if you're even supposed to do that but it's how the shop gave it to me so I rolled with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Large Testicles posted:

I have a '17 Focus and I had to have the spare on for a couple days not too long ago waiting for a replacement and it was a loving huge pain in the rear end to drive with it on. Major torque steer while accelerating and lots of brake steering too. I think this is the first time I've ever driven a FWD car with a spare on the front, IDK if you're even supposed to do that but it's how the shop gave it to me so I rolled with it.

I always put the donut on the rear and move a rear to the front when I get a front flat in a FWD.