Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Pioneer42 posted:

After the American turreted and old German TD lines, what are some good/decent TD lines to try for some play variety compared to those?

Well I was just in a game with a KV-4 KTTS getting the easiest Pools in the world, so you can look forward to another heavy TD fortress monstrosity with over 3K dpm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

1.18 hosed up all my mods and I hate it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Pioneer42 posted:

After the American turreted and old German TD lines, what are some good/decent TD lines to try for some play variety compared to those?

British TD's are like the antithesis of those, slow armored things will low alpha guns. Not exactly that fun to play until T9.

The Russian TD lines I liked both very much.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Welp, got so frustrated today with early tanks, the grind, and my poo poo game play, that I delorted the game. Ugh. What a cesspool.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just got the T9 Italian TD and that grind for the top gun is straight bullshit.

Anyone play with the buffed T7 French heavy?

SpannerX posted:

Welp, got so frustrated today with early tanks, the grind, and my poo poo game play, that I delorted the game. Ugh. What a cesspool.

You are free now...

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mesadoram posted:

Just got the T9 Italian TD and that grind for the top gun is straight bullshit.

You are free now...

I stopped playing around the time they introduced the German WTF100 TD line, and I still check this thread now and then. You may stop playing, but you're never entirely free.

(Of course, I play Planetside these days. It's unique and compelling, but really janky, in a way that produces similar mixed feelings.)

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 11, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

What is considered a "consumable" by the game? Got an odd after-game charge of 75k for consumables but I have hundreds of everything that's equipped in both of my equipment slots, in the depot already. Not running directives or anything either.

Already sent in a support ticket to ask about it, just wondering if anyone knows offhand. Now I'm paranoid about getting charged a bunch for random reasons every match. Normally I wouldn't care but 75k is how much I typically profit per match with the shitshow of current matchmaker and being bad at video games, and that's like 6 minutes of my life (average) or so.

Edit:
Aha, that would make sense. That's gotta be it, thanks!

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 12, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sushibandit posted:

What is considered a "consumable" by the game? Got an odd after-game charge of 75k for consumables but I have hundreds of everything that's equipped in both of my equipment slots, in the depot already. Not running directives or anything either.

Already sent in a support ticket to ask about it, just wondering if anyone knows offhand. Now I'm paranoid about getting charged a bunch for random reasons every match. Normally I wouldn't care but 75k is how much I typically profit per match with the shitshow of current matchmaker and being bad at video games, and that's like 6 minutes of my life (average) or so.

One of those national rental skins, maybe?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Finally aced this little bugger, only took 6 months and a 1658 basexp thriller on Live Oaks.

Finding myself playing more and more tier 6, can't recommend the -85M and the Type 64 enough. So much bang bang for 12 bucks, or even free from Twitch/recruit grind.
Cromwell B is ok-ish as a backup, but it's very much outshined by those two.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I keep telling people: tier 6 is the fun tier.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

85m is a really great tank, Cromwell b is a Cromwell with worse steering but goes faster.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

85m is a really great tank, Cromwell b is a Cromwell with worse steering but goes faster.

KV-2R with nothing but AP. :getin:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

it's very good. instead of getting right click left clicked by everything you'd ever face you bounce a lot frontally and the gun is absolutely incredible.

e: the tier 8 is still mostly bad but does have a very good top gun. haven't made it to the t9 and t10 but from what i hear they're contenders for best tech tree heavies at their tier

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's very good. instead of getting right click left clicked by everything you'd ever face you bounce a lot frontally and the gun is absolutely incredible.

e: the tier 8 is still mostly bad but does have a very good top gun. haven't made it to the t9 and t10 but from what i hear they're contenders for best tech tree heavies at their tier

Indeed, the T9 and T10 are both very very awesome. Tiny gun on the T9, big gun on the T10 and you will have a great time.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

that t8 was one of the very few tanks I bought, played 3 times, then used a bunch of free xp to completely skip.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The more I play with the Italian TDs the more I don't like them. While they can be very very Verypowerful, the lack of mobility and trolling gun are really killing me.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcYJlB33EgE

:dogbutton:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 14, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess Sergei's got some bills to pay again because the next tech tree's gonna be ... uhh. Chinese tanks. A second Chinese heavy tech tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XfHutPdo4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I guess Sergei's got some bills to pay again because the next tech tree's gonna be ... uhh. Chinese tanks. A second Chinese heavy tech tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XfHutPdo4

Rocket powered heavy tanks.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Rocket powered heavy tanks.

T8 with 1100 alpha. Really poo poo normal shells but nutso gold shells. It's almost like someone's cynically trying to get a shitton of Chinese guys to flash their credit cards.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just lol at that

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I only wanted a Japanese TD line. What the hell is this? And still not even a speck on the horizon regarding any news of a TD line for Czechoslovakia? What the gently caress...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I only wanted a Japanese TD line. What the hell is this? And still not even a speck on the horizon regarding any news of a TD line for Czechoslovakia? What the gently caress...

Chinese tanks = open wallets on the Chinese servers. A lot of money...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Multiple layers of RNG for hit/pen/damage is already bad enough. Now they're doubling down (right after releasing more hulldown monstrosities) on making GBS threads out even more one-shot-wonder vehicles that may or may not just outright delete what they click on based entirely on the whims of RNGesus. How lovely.

I knew it was a mistake to start really learning to play light tanks.

Edit

That said, it would be lovely if they buffed the Type 59 a bit when this new tree rolls out. Its silver penetration is just sad, even the gold ammo is just "okay" for having 241mm with 250 alpha.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 14, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Chinese tanks = open wallets on the Chinese servers. A lot of money...

Yeah especially if they're powerful, which is why you get poo poo like the T8 premium (which is 100% going into christmas lootboxes) that doesn't seem to have a single weak point frontally, has 240mm front armour (angled, of course),, 151mm side armour, literal rocket boosters, 1100 alpha main gun, 1900 HESH DPS, 11 degrees of gun depression etc etc.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anyone else on NA having massive server stability/packet loss issues since the last update? Several times in a given match my tanks will either not stop moving forward for several seconds after I release W, or keeps turning for a few seconds after I stop pressing A or D, or shots going like half the screen away from where I am aimed (with server reticle on).

Ping is nominal, around 50ish. I'm not having issues with any other online games either. Extremely annoying.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I've had it for literal years.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Same. Even after moving 4,000 km closer to the servers.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I used to live ~10 (or less) miles from their US East datacenter and I still routinely had packet loss and a poo poo connection despite routinely pinging under 20ms to the server, occasionally in the single digits.

I think the gist of it was that they cheaped out and were paying Telia for some generic datacenter access/usage without specifying that it was for a loving GAME and not an offsite fileserver or web hosting. I got way better performance when they were hosted out of Charlotte NC early on.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

TracerM17 posted:

One of those national rental skins, maybe?

That's the only consumable that costs 75k that i know of.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:negative:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ran across something strange just now. Was curious about some odd and bad plays with the enemy's super hellcat. And well, I'm more confused than when I started.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1006459059-luisxtugall/

Reroll? Or some weird create an account and then forget about it for nearly a decade before picking up again?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Double post technically, but this is worth it as some old timers may want to take a gander back at tanks soon.
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/waffentrager-legacy-regulations-2022/

Event starts sept 26th and ends oct 10th. During that time, one of the rewards you'll be able to get up to 5 times max is rental of the wtf-100 to be played in normal random battles. That is right, time all the vets to return and show off the stupidity of that tank all over again. Either that, or wargaming is testing the waters to see if there is both strong desire to own it for cash and also to see if perhaps they've buffed everything at t10 to make it not broken (I have a hard time believing option 2 though even if a shitbarn or deathstar could murder the poo poo out of one).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Might need to take my Caliban out for a drive when this starts...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Might need to take my Caliban out for a drive when this starts...

Even the t10 he slingers will make it hate life including the type 5.

Might have to roll out the conqgc for this though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

Even the t10 he slingers will make it hate life including the type 5.

Might have to roll out the conqgc for this though.

It's gonna be beautiful, so many players are gonna roll around in that thing thinking they are hot poo poo only to be spammed to death by HE :allears:.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sending the waffle straight to hell with my hwk 30

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Onslaught mode sounds like maybe it'll be cool? but of course its WGing and will probably only exist for one week then be gone for an entire year.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I will never understand why they don't just run Frontline on the 2nd or 3rd Fri-Sat-Sun of every month.

Also holy poo poo leveling through techtree vehicles burns consumables like crazy. I had like 300 large repair kits as of the last sale, and I'm already down to 70. I only play an hour a day too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

sushibandit posted:

I will never understand why they don't just run Frontline on the 2nd or 3rd Fri-Sat-Sun of every month.

Agree so much. Frontline is a breath of fresh air. Doesn’t have to be active all the time, but a regular schedule would be nice.