Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Couldn't've done that better if I tried.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i too think it's fun losing dozens of hours worth of PvE needlessly

what else do you think is fun op

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Herein lies the problem. Old guard who we railed against as newbies. Gatekeeping new and old players on how they should play a "Sandbox" game. I'm perfectly happy shooting little red boxes while watching TV and not PVP.

i'm not gatekeeping, ur just feeding ships endlessly because yall don't know how to play.

in just about a month, members of goosefleet have lost nearly 50 billion ISK in ships, and killed about 10 billion

that's actually pretty incredible, you'd think a group of people who've played eve on average 8 years would know the basics of the game like, not hauling nearly 10b in an untanked ship in highsec

i will end this with the conclusion that the splinter was probably an exclusively good thing to happen to goonswarm- a bunch of dead weight was shunted off and we ended up with a harassment system that works beautifully, a better leader and higher average IQ

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

what else do you think is fun op

ur mom lmfao

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

You see, you all are having fun wrong because it is not coming at the expense of other people.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:nallears:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Guys/girls/them, forgive Globby. EVE is the only thing he's good at and is his only source of validation.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

if the guy actually had fun with it he wouldn't feel the need to go barge into places where he's largely unwelcome and draw attention like a bloating beached whale

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

globby's playstyle is degenerate but who can resist riling up the most self serious gamers on the forum. it's actually not necessary to post :ironicat: and :nallears:, etc, in response to every post.

my sub just ran out so i think i'm done with eve for now. i hope ccp can turn things around but if not it will be an interesting post mortem. if they ever can make an eve universe shooter that more than 5 people get to play that could be fun though

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i dont think you know who my mom is actuayly but shes definitely not good at eve online

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

me personally i have fun scaningn and flying interceptors usually you can find me bouncing around wormholes in my claw but also osmetimes in wspace, too. cheers: cheers:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WorkerThread posted:

it's actually not necessary to post :ironicat: and :nallears:, etc, in response to every post

you don't say

WorkerThread posted:

the most self serious gamers

:ironicat:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

okay so here's the real truth about playing eve online

the damned and dirty secret that nobody is willing to admit, lest they go insane as their broken mind merges with the darkness

eve online

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

you don't say

that's correct, i am saying that

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I used to have a template for e-serious posting DEFCON level that's appropriate when people start going all "I'm not overly serious, YOU'RE the overly serious ones!" and I think I need to go dig up an old Dropbox account to find it

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

i'm not gatekeeping, ur just feeding ships endlessly because yall don't know how to play.

in just about a month, members of goosefleet have lost nearly 50 billion ISK in ships, and killed about 10 billion

that's actually pretty incredible, you'd think a group of people who've played eve on average 8 years would know the basics of the game like, not hauling nearly 10b in an untanked ship in highsec

i will end this with the conclusion that the splinter was probably an exclusively good thing to happen to goonswarm- a bunch of dead weight was shunted off and we ended up with a harassment system that works beautifully, a better leader and higher average IQ

So as a disclaimer. I'm not in Goosefleet. I'm in the superior Goon corp The Greater Goon.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
all this goon infighting is breaking my grenade shaped heart and isn't funny anymore. stop shitposting about each other and start shiposting about spacegame.

i got killed by a dude wearing the dr who outfit this morning lol, forgot about that event

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kaysette posted:

all this goon infighting is breaking my grenade shaped heart and isn't funny anymore. stop shitposting about each other and start shiposting about spacegame.

i got killed by a dude wearing the dr who outfit this morning lol, forgot about that event

Shitposting about each other is a time honored tradition and is 70% of what keeps this thread going. Shitpost per hour is actually a better metric than killboards

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

pathfinder stats > killboard stats

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Kaysette posted:

Wow, no need to take the gloves off like that

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

globby's playstyle is degenerate but who can resist riling up the most self serious gamers on the forum. it's actually not necessary to post :ironicat: and :nallears:, etc, in response to every post.

my sub just ran out so i think i'm done with eve for now. i hope ccp can turn things around but if not it will be an interesting post mortem. if they ever can make an eve universe shooter that more than 5 people get to play that could be fun though

lmao if you think my posting is serious at all

anyway, eve online

it's fun sometimes. w-space is good and cool b/c ccp mostly doesn't mess with it. geese made some money last night and we'll probably use that to go wander around in nullsec loving with ESSes until we go asplode.

also:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kaysette posted:

Dalael posted:

Wow, no need to take the gloves off like that

I personally endorse this idea and believe there should be a prize, preferably including some form of glittery crown.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
The thing about Eve Online is that it is a pretty bad game most of the time, and a terrible game the rest.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i really wish the ess system was better. i like the idea of it but the execution seems pretty lame (ccp.txt i guess)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Edit: this forum is bugged

On safari

Fu safari

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
This is a quote from the Valheim thread that I feel like fits this thread incredibly well on every page.

quote:

Play the game how you want but be absolutely sure to tell everyone that you did it the One True Way and everyone else is playing it wrong.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

dialhforhero posted:

This is a quote from the Valheim thread that I feel like fits this thread incredibly well on every page.

Here I fixed it to account for human beings in general:

quote:

Do this Thing how you want but be absolutely sure to tell everyone that you did it the One True Way and everyone else is doing it wrong.

garter_snake
Feb 13, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

never would have guessed thanks. would have thought for sure concord would get to you first. tbh if i had 9bil and a blockade runner i would have undocked it

In high sec status hisec systems like jita, gankers usually use alpha ships to compensate for the faster concord response times. If you want to math ehp/risk, each 100mil tornado will threaten on average ~12k ehp and highroll ~36k ehp of damage. Blockade runners don't actually have that much ehp(A normal t2 highsec viator will be ~35k iirc) so it can be worth it for gankers to try for one.

There are two ways around this. Either undock from jita 4-4 or w/e trade hub in a ship tanked appropriately for the risk, redock in a station that isn't camped, pass off the cargo, and undock the BR from there OR use an instant undock bookmark and cloak in warp.

(You usually don't die to one tornado in a BR though. That crane's fit was bad. Usually you run passive resist mods on BRs because activating modules breaks the 30 sec location change timer of invulnerability you get from undocking from a station. As well, you can't run actives when cloaked, and you should be warping cloaked, so actives are useless vs smartbombs.)

garter_snake fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 12, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Not to mention that BR just have great resists in general and are thus fantastic candidates for a fat zero-capacitor buffer tank

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you gusy ever play eve; online??

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Never. I play elite dangerous.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i play elite safe

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I try to avoid it. Mainly because of the people who play it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Kesper North posted:

i play elite safe

Solo players unite, getting ganked by a munchkin Fer-De-Lance with aim assist hacks blows.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol i was pretty high that time, and im going to do it again in a more expensive ship. and then im going to apply for SHip rePlacement program for the mismatchedd proteus submodules im never going to use since im training for marauders now to make my lossmails even larger. you CANNOT fgrasp how fun im having. when im not posting, that is, which i also find a lot of fun.

you dont seem to have a lot of fun

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ive done miracles of stupidities in tayras. im learning to multibox my brutalism dildos, but sometimes i forget them on pocos for hours on end because i am constantly high

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Solo players unite, getting ganked by a munchkin Fer-De-Lance with aim assist hacks blows.

i was talking to a friend, he said he missed being able to spin ships in the hangar like in eve

i said, in elite, station spin you

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Dalael posted:

Shitposting about each other is a time honored tradition and is 70% of what keeps this thread going. Shitpost per hour is actually a better metric than killboards

cliqueposting loving sucks, I didn't come here to play space livejournal, I came here to play space excel/harpoon.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I try to avoid it. Mainly because of the people who play it.

it turns out playing in any way that isn't dposter-approved will make them ignite in a ball of rage, so that's another nice thing about living in not-sov

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Good Dumplings posted:

cliqueposting loving sucks, I didn't come here to play space livejournal, I came here to play space excel/harpoon.

That's what someone who's not COOL enough to be in a clique would say :colbert: