Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
tokimeki is not on par with monster hunter,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gripweed posted:

Will they announce a new game for the PS5?

It's another remaster of The Last of Us.

And they're raising the price again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looking forward to the internet melting after hearing Pratt's Mario voice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Whizzing Wizard posted:

It's another remaster of The Last of Us.

And they're raising the price again.

Nah, they'll remake TLOU2 for the PS6. Then they can remake 1 for the PS7 and keep alternating forever

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only hope I have for the sony direct is a new Yakuza or more FFXVI

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
I slightly missed FFX chat, but I didn't see anyone post the laziest way to break that game. On expert sphere grid just send Yuna down Auron's path ASAP; aeons get boosts to their stats based on a multiple of yuna's stats. Your aeons will be doing more damage with basic attacks than your characters can with overdrives for most of the game, and bahamut has innate break damage limit so he'll be able to deal 99999 damage as soon as you recruit him. The best part is beating all of belgemine's trials without learning the lessons she is trying to tutorial you on.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The only thing I have played this month is monster Hunter and Magic the gathering arena

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I think I don't really have the attention or time for big cinematic games right now. Back in the day I used to love a cut scene heavy RPG. But right now I've got so much poo poo going on when I game I want to just get in 15-30 minutes of mindless shooting or rolling or whatever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

The only hope I have for the sony direct is a new Yakuza or more FFXVI

I'm not a FF person per se, but FF16 looks fantastic.

I'm definitely leaning towards picking it up at the moment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ff16 is a ps5 exclusive and thus sadly unplayable, just like ff7r2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/1569446132102709249?s=20&t=pfUNVnCulP14NBdq56GVmQ

Sony does what Nintendon't

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cheetah7071 posted:

ff16 is a ps5 exclusive and thus sadly unplayable, just like ff7r2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sony hates the Queen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am not at all interested in VR2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VR rules, sorry nerd

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Infinitum posted:

VR rules, sorry nerd

I wouldn’t know, it always looked like an expensive way to play games that’s worse than playing games normally so I never tried it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Relax Or DIE posted:

the toukiden games aren't bad but they aren't on par with monster hunter. same is true of god eater and i assume dauntless.

i'm not sure what angle i would expect them to come at the genre with to unseat monster hunter. i would hope it would be something like 'try to capture the depth while paring away a lot of the cruft that MH still has on it' but i assume it will mean 'GaaS and also about 30-40% hornier'

dauntless already exists as a GaaS monhun clone

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1569445258915889152?s=20&t=pfUNVnCulP14NBdq56GVmQ

lol

lmao

quote:

The weirdest part of Guillemot's NFT remarks came when he spoke as though Ubisoft hadn't launched its first NFT experiment yet. "We should have said we were working on it, and when we have something that gives you a real benefit, we'll bring it to you," he said. "Exploring doesn't mean launching."

While we agree that exploring doesn't mean launching, we'd argue that Ubisoft actually launched NFTs in Breakpoint last December.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 13, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reckon the gaming community at large is at the point where it wil eat your project whole if you try and force NFTs into it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Never trust gamers

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Agnostalgia posted:

I slightly missed FFX chat, but I didn't see anyone post the laziest way to break that game. On expert sphere grid just send Yuna down Auron's path ASAP; aeons get boosts to their stats based on a multiple of yuna's stats. Your aeons will be doing more damage with basic attacks than your characters can with overdrives for most of the game, and bahamut has innate break damage limit so he'll be able to deal 99999 damage as soon as you recruit him. The best part is beating all of belgemine's trials without learning the lessons she is trying to tutorial you on.

I'm sorry sir but the only proper way to play FFX is with a NSGNSNCNONENNENBB run, all other runs are for scrublords

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

Never trust gamers

That’s NTG, we’re talking about NFT

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

How many points do i get for remarking that it looks more like a gameboy cartridge?

Idk, how's 4 or 5 sound? That alright?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm sorry sir but the only proper way to play FFX is with a NSGNSNCNONENNENBB run, all other runs are for scrublords

Thought you were taking the piss/having a stroke, but apparently that's actually a real thing?

What is it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No Sphere Grid No Summon No Customize No Overdrives No Escape No [No Encounters] No Blitzball

Can't level up, can't use summons, can't customize equipment, can't use limit breaks, can't escape from battles, can't turn off encounters, can't play blitzball

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

no fun at all

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many half button presses are allowed?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the true way to play ffx is to boot the game, anoint yourself with oils, bury your controller in fern ash and meditate until you realize that the game is already complete.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

As far as I can tell from research, only one person has documented themselves besting the NSGNSNCNONENNENBB

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is it cause they're into masochism?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reminds me of the Baiten Kaitos 100% speed run that takes 341hrs 20min

https://www.speedrun.com/Baten_Kaitos_Eternal_Wings_and_the_Lost_Ocean/run/pydo1kvz

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
out of date link smh
the current WR is 337h 55m 00s

e: also lmao, the video of the last 3 hours of the 338hr run includes 2 hours of the runner playing among us while he leaves the game idling in the background

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 13, 2022

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

out of date link smh
the current WR is 337h 55m 00s

e: also lmao, the video of the last 3 hours of the 338hr run includes 2 hours of the runner playing among us while he leaves the game idling in the background

It's a good flex, but a better flex would've been speedrunning an entirely different game in those 2 hours

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember there being a few speedruns that have waiting periods that get used pretty much just to do that. Gonna see if I can find them.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
any 100% speedrun of baten kaitos is gonna be at least two weeks, or 336 hours, due to the real time card evolution mechanic. fresh fruit cards will spoil, photo cards will slowly develop, and the infamous shampoo card will transform into splendid hair two weeks after you acquire it. getting splendid hair also, incidentally, unlocks the last few tracks in the sound test. very cool game!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So, does any of that work off of irl time and the speed runners can’t wait the required time, because it seems like a cool mechanic to just boot up the game and have your milk turn into yogurt but kinda insane if you’re waiting that much ingame time to get 100%.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Speedrun thread answered real fast

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

The SimCity + Maniac Mansion one from way back in 2012 is the only one that springs to mind: https://youtu.be/G1YzliVN29U

There are definitely other times I've seen similar stuff happen but this is one I'd forgotten about entirely. Just puts down simcity and runs through maniac mansion lol

e:

BisbyWorl posted:

I remember watching a King's Quest III speedrun history video and one of the runners mentioned speedrunning another game during a mandatory wait on the pirate ship.

That's the one I was thinking of. Feel free to follow the speedrun thread for more/further answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tR2ULoUVQ0

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 13, 2022

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

So, does any of that work off of irl time and the speed runners can’t wait the required time, because it seems like a cool mechanic to just boot up the game and have your milk turn into yogurt but kinda insane if you’re waiting that much ingame time to get 100%.

iirc it's based on the system clock so you can boot up the game after a little break and see all of your healing items have gone bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

kaito means thief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Toukiden 3 let's go