Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Kirios posted:

It's Monday morning and I demand to know why Latifi still has a F1 seat.

You have to give him time to pack his bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Aston are considering Hulkenberg for 2023; replacing one over-the-hill German driver with a went-around-the-hill German driver. A driver who never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Nico H is the ideal German because he has an umlaut. Even Schumacher didn’t have that.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Who keeps hiring Hulkenberg!!?!?!?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

what, you don't want a guy who is categorically a less successful version of Nick Heidfeld?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Jesus Christ stop hiring Hulkenberg. Does he give blowjobs in lieu of a salary? How is he this popular?

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Lol if strolls dad fires him from his seat just to give it to a guy who's allergic to the podium.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Or is Lawrence going to triple cross Alonso and give that seat to hulkenberg.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

acidx posted:

Lol if strolls dad fires him from his seat just to give it to a guy who's allergic to the podium.

lance finally convinced lawrence that he just wants to snowboard

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Race was boring. Hamilton still GOAT though, took as many places as Sainz in a much slower car.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

Aston are considering Hulkenberg for 2023

Are you sure about this? The only mention I see of him right now is that he's in contention for the Haas seat, not Aston.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hulkenberg is a reasonable hire if you pair him with a young development driver, he's a known quantity for developing the car. But yeah I think anyone sane gave up on him like 5 years ago

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Are you sure about this? The only mention I see of him right now is that he's in contention for the Haas seat, not Aston.
You're correct. The autosport article has him in a green aston shirt and I was laughing so hard I didn't read the article properly.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

It seems like being an F1 team is actually profitable now so the need for pay drivers should go away. Failsons excluded.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Why on Earth would Haas get rid of Mick and not replace him with some Ferrari academy driver for some sort of discount or something? Like he’s been consistently better than Kevin for a while now. The Nico thing has to just be some sort of negotiation tactic to make people think they have other options.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ethiser posted:

replace him with some Ferrari academy driver for some sort of discount or something?

You can just say Sainz.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Ethiser posted:

Why on Earth would Haas get rid of Mick and not replace him with some Ferrari academy driver for some sort of discount or something? Like he’s been consistently better than Kevin for a while now. The Nico thing has to just be some sort of negotiation tactic to make people think they have other options.

I think part of their deal with Ferrari is that they get to put a Ferrari academy driver in that seat if they want to. Last I heard Mick was getting kicked out for Gio because Ferrari wants to infect the sport with more Italians

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Last I heard Mick was getting kicked out for Gio because Ferrari wants to infect the sport with more Italians

disgusting if true

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Their Dan to Haas any day now

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

net work error posted:

Their Dan to Haas any day now

Dan's current salary is probably Haas's budget for the entire year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

says a lot about the state of F2 as a class

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Dan's current salary is probably Haas's budget for the entire year.

yeah but somebody is already paying it next year

plus he's a binman and deserves to make a binman salary

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

yeah but somebody is already paying it next year

Title sponsor Danny Ric

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish posted:

Title sponsor Danny Ric

Ricc Energy Haas Racing

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Big Ricc Energy

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
F1 needs to clean house and get rid of the pay drivers and old binmen way past their prime.

Make way for fresh young talent such as Nico Hulkenberg.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

f1 need to expand to 12 teams.

I wonder of Andretti is talking to porsche

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
More cars = more crashes and crashes and fires are the only reason anyone watches F1
thats why its been so boring lately

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lol if you watch the end of this video you get the onboard of them lifting De Vries out of the car in park ferme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0TVqst-w_w

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a real chump posted:

Lol if you watch the end of this video you get the onboard of them lifting De Vries out of the car in park ferme

huh. I thought rear end pats were only an American thing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ArmZ posted:

huh. I thought rear end pats were only an American thing.
Happens an awful lot in MotoGP. Not surprising that the Italians and Spanish are into butts. More surprising that the mostly British sport of F1 is into butts. I thought the British were kind of ashamed of butts?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

investigate redbull's cheating

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Nowher posted:

F1 needs to clean house and get rid of the pay drivers and old binmen way past their prime.

Make way for fresh young talent such as Nico Hulkenberg.

Yes but who would Sergio’s co-driver be?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

what the gently caress

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

a real chump posted:

So...if he got in a crash he wouldn't be able to get out??

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Halo14 posted:

So...if he got in a crash he wouldn't be able to get out??

I think it was muscle fatigue, F1 races are considerably longer than FE or F2 feature races, and he was kinda thrown in at the deep end. Makes sense that his physical fitness might not be up to par with a full-time driver.

Also holy poo poo that Albon news, anaesthesia fuckups are no joke. Glad he's recovering.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I think the massive amounts of adrenaline that surely accompanies a crash would allow him to get out.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I guess that's true but I wonder if the FIA or teams brought it into consideration given it's a unique circumstance with him filling in at such short notice.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Red_Fred posted:

Race was boring. Hamilton still GOAT though, took as many places as Sainz in a much slower car.

Hmm yes a car so slow it finished top 3.

It also took him 35 laps or so to do, Sainz got to P4 in 13 laps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Good luck to de Vries arms if Albon misses Singapore