Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

THINK SAFETY
WORK SAFELY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'm pretty sure in Australia you aren't allowed to call a windowless room a bedroom, I'm a little surprised that isn't the rules in the US too.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Definitely those are some of the rules in the US.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Splode posted:

I'm pretty sure in Australia you aren't allowed to call a windowless room a bedroom, I'm a little surprised that isn't the rules in the US too.

Oh no it is the rule. It should have a window that has a sill height no higher than 44" and 5.7 SF with specific height and width minimums.

It may also require access from a common space, a closet, and a smoke alarm in the room.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

The explanation for that is that in an industry of scum, college town landlords manage to stand out

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Why hasn't anybody noticed that there's just a missing door on the floorplan, you can see it in the living room shot with the TV.
Here I fixed it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Messadiah posted:

Why hasn't anybody noticed that there's just a missing door on the floorplan, you can see it in the living room shot with the TV.
Here I fixed it.

MillennialVulcan posted:

I'm betting the fence structure is a make-shift shed for the pool equipment. I'm guessing the original floor plan was more like this and the wall with the Red X was probably open to that hallway. Why the hell they would build an addition this way , I have no idea.

Oh, looking at the Zillow pictures, that Red X IS a door after all, they just have an inaccurate floor plan.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

I never claimed to be able to read

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

This reminded me of that brief trend of painting teddy bears. Or maybe it was brushing them with glue. Either way it was awful.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Messadiah posted:

Here I fixed it.

While it's reassuring that the answer to "why the hell would anyone lay a house out like this" was "they wouldn't" it is also a little disappointing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 15, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gotta carve the bath cave into something tasteful.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh, we have one of those, a block behind me:

Story was, the owner got a permit to build the garage onto the house & through magical thinking, assumed that PSE&G would just...move their pole.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

That's one hell of a teleporter accident.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

Oh, we have one of those, a block behind me:

Story was, the owner got a permit to build the garage onto the house & through magical thinking, assumed that PSE&G would just...move their pole.

I'm not sure what the problem is. You could access both doors and still park a full size motorhome on that driveway with a half court of basketball to spare.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I tore my rotator cuff so my husband told me he’d finish the interior painting on our downstairs. He says he’s done.

Top comment Looks like it needs another coat

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Leviathan Song posted:

I'm not sure what the problem is. You could access both doors and still park a full size motorhome on that driveway with a half court of basketball to spare.

I'll get another photo tomorrow. From this angle it looks a lot deeper than it actually is.

Yes, it's not eight feet from the door - more like 25-feet.

Can you park four cars here? Yes, but two of them ain't going anywhere, and god hep you if you're in a hurry and forget that there is a pole blocking half of your driveway.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
First world ptoblems

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Husband is actually a professional painter. Refuses to do any prepwork.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

This is basically my driveway by the end of the winter.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I just toured Fallingwater and I have some ideas for our new bath

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

love it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the two toilets.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm the two toilets.
Please don't poo poo in my condenser.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slugworth posted:

Please don't poo poo in my condenser.

We'll see.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm the two toilets.

I'm the rippled siding

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I love how there's both a huge slice of space taken out of the center AND then a pointless jutting-out on the right.

Maybe if you hadn't hacked out a chunk you'd have had that space without that ugly-rear end protrusion!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I un-ironically like it :shrug:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's split level design. Look at the patio doors, then the windows to the left. This was someone's cute way of getting "5 stories" inside while probably scraping their zoning's maximum height.

I bet the previous owner ran a siding company.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The lack of overhang on that roof is criminal.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Someone I know bought a similar house. The previous family lived there for 30 years, made three additions, without disturbing the rest of the house. You can tell exactly where they are, even in the dark.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm the rippled siding

And the fascia. This is a dictionary definition of the result of nailing too hard & pinning the siding against the sheathing so it can’t ride back & forth with thermal expansion/contraction.

For the fascia, the nail holes need to be wallowed out a bit.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A tree fell on that house and instead of fixing the broken roof beam they just patched up the holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol, I sent that picture to my wife and she found it immediately. Good news about the other side of the house:

https://www.compass.com/listing/723-cedar-creek-way-woodstock-ga-30189/1102162004897203761/