Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's a shame the commemorative plate industry is no longer what it was, I reckon if she'd karked it 10 years earlier we'd have had some absolute belters by now.
It's all going to be NFTs now

History Comes Inside! posted:

Where are the commemorative NFTs
That's all in the Rishi timeline

In amateur radio 73 means 'best regards'. In CB radio it means 'speed trap ahead'. Different user groups.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The commemorative NFTs are gonna be cracking though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH COME ON

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sorry Rarity you only have the scoops in PSP

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

History Comes Inside! posted:

Sorry Rarity you only have the scoops in PSP

But what does this thread think of microwave burgers? :thunkher:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's a shame the commemorative plate industry is no longer what it was, I reckon if she'd karked it 10 years earlier we'd have had some absolute belters by now.

I want a dual sided queens platinum jubblies and queen's dead plate

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

crispix posted:

Mile-long queue of 20,000 to see Queen lying at rest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62879795

driving by shouting "she's dead" like the harry potter spoiler guys

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The media spent decades preparing for this they're going to milk it for every hour they possibly can, regardless of how little most people care and however much it hurts their bottom line (Sky cancelling all the football matches people watch because all the TV vans are hearse-chasing).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

https://twitter.com/20thcenturymarc/status/1569310683140964358

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
M'ars, bringer of Charles

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

crispix posted:

Mile-long queue of 20,000 to see Queen lying at rest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62879795

A COVID superspreader event consisting exclusively of the most suggestible people in the country.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You'd think they'd spend a bit more to get some guards with chins or some helmets that fit without making you look like a berk.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I had a date over the weekend and we chatted and laughed about the dead queen and the date went really well, so cheers liz 👍

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

You'd think they'd spend a bit more to get some guards with chins or some helmets that fit without making you look like a berk.
That would completely clash with the proud tradition of having giant pope hats and going for a big scratch around your bollocks or falling arse over a wall.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mebh posted:

Interesting that my constituency is the 7th most anti royal place in the UK but is entirely filled with land rover driving 2.4 children families building extensions and shouting about youths in hoodies being up to no good.

Sheffield :allears:

Also my ceo announced a mandatory camera on policy for all meetings at work today across the entire company. So thats a fun thing. "it has come to our attention that some individuals are not using their webcams" fucksake. Is it 2020? This was objectively disproven to help anyone and is a massive fatigue contributor.

Gotta get folks in to the office to make use of the aeron graveyard by slowly making WFH worse and worse. Yay.

Now I'm wondering if Norn Iron's color is because they couldn't find anyway with the balls to go around asking the Boyos about it, or because they did go and ask and the wee country is exactly 50/50, lol

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Only Kindness posted:

True true. His current wife was a simp FFS. Played a blinder though, literal shot at being queen in the next couple of decades at most.

Mentioned this before, but my brother went to school with Kate and has snogged her. Apparently even then she was determined that she was going to marry a royal.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I suppose that is a drawback of being prince, how likely is it that anyone shagging you actually cares about you for who you are and isn't just into you for your vast reserves of generational wealth and influence. almost makes you feel sorry for them if it wasn't for, you know, the vast reserves of generational wealth and influence

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also they don't seem to care about their SOs very much either tbh.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Angepain posted:

I suppose that is a drawback of being prince, how likely is it that anyone shagging you actually cares about you for who you are and isn't just into you for your vast reserves of generational wealth and influence. almost makes you feel sorry for them if it wasn't for, you know, the vast reserves of generational wealth and influence

The other drawback is if you find someone who's not in it for that, and you attempt to have something approaching a normal relationship, bitter cockends like Piers Morgan will moan about how your wife is causing no end of problems.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Camrath posted:

Mentioned this before, but my brother went to school with Kate and has snogged her. Apparently even then she was determined that she was going to marry a royal.

she looks like a tooth licker, bet it was poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mebh posted:

Interesting that my constituency is the 7th most anti royal place in the UK but is entirely filled with land rover driving 2.4 children families building extensions and shouting about youths in hoodies being up to no good.

Sheffield :allears:

Also my ceo announced a mandatory camera on policy for all meetings at work today across the entire company. So thats a fun thing. "it has come to our attention that some individuals are not using their webcams" fucksake. Is it 2020? This was objectively disproven to help anyone and is a massive fatigue contributor.

Gotta get folks in to the office to make use of the aeron graveyard by slowly making WFH worse and worse. Yay.

This looks like a Turf War result.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

crispix posted:

would be p funny if they had a quiet family service and that coffin contains a bunch of her favourite corgis she had frozen for the occasion :laugh:

I mentioned to my wife that I thought it was funny that all these people were lining up to see the coffin, and that for all they knew it was empty, and she looked at me like I’d said I thought the moon landings were faked

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Camrath posted:

I recall she specifically turned down her Edinburgh offer, took a gap year and then went to St Andrews because that’s where William was going.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

I had a date over the weekend and we chatted and laughed about the dead queen and the date went really well, so cheers liz 👍

Maybe Charles will cark it in time for the second date?

M_P_R
Apr 8, 2016

sassassin posted:

The media spent decades preparing for this they're going to milk it for every hour they possibly can, regardless of how little most people care and however much it hurts their bottom line (Sky cancelling all the football matches people watch because all the TV vans are hearse-chasing).

I been thinking this a lot the past few couple of days. Definitely think the 24-hour news channels/internet is making things worse than they would have been 20 years ago for example.
Feels like an almost North Korean level of group think is going on (I'm exaggerating I know but you know what I mean).
The death of Diana in 1997 caused a similar level of hysteria but it seemed more of a ground swell of genuine public emotion (she was young, and died in an accident so more of a shock etc etc).

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mebh posted:

gently caress your ceo and anyone like them. First they turn your home into a workplace office without contributing to rent, then they demand visual access to you without paying standard camboy minute rates

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kennedytcooper/status/1569322803522076672

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

gently caress your ceo and anyone like them. First they turn your home into a workplace office without contributing to rent, then they demand visual access to you without paying standard camboy minute rates

Dyslexic webcam workers is a hell of a branding opportunity.

I also started thinking deeper about the relevant employment prospects and made myself sad.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
As someone who has spent the last few days at work having to help put the dumb condolence messages up on our websites, I can confirm that it's all performative and no one actually doing the work gives two shits about the royals. It's just an absolute ballache and gets in the way of actually doing real work.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Do we know what time all the funeral stuff is happening on Monday? I've got tickets to see GY!BE in Bristol that evening but would like to make sure Liz is in the ground first.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

Do we know what time all the funeral stuff is happening on Monday? I've got tickets to see GY!BE in Bristol that evening but would like to make sure Liz is in the ground first.

Strong post:bandname ratio

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Want to say GY!BE before seeing GY!BE.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Scientastic posted:

I mentioned to my wife that I thought it was funny that all these people were lining up to see the coffin, and that for all they knew it was empty, and she looked at me like I’d said I thought the moon landings were faked

honestly having seen those thousands of arms outstretched holding so many phones to record a passing hearse, i wouldn't blame them

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wonder if someone has tried to sneak a selfie with the coffin yet

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
hate that shite

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and this isn't any particular love of the royals i hope yous understand, it's just the utter contempt i share with them for crowds of the general public

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Want to say GY!BE before seeing GY!BE.

Good Riddance You! White Empress

Angepain fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 13, 2022

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

the people queueing all night to see the queen in edinburgh has really embarrassed me, i hope they are mainly tourists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
So which of you asked Lizzie to 'clutch the gulag' in the condolence book I just saw.