Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
you actually need to protect your neck, back and 2 other zones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

bobbilljim posted:

you actually need to protect your neck, back and 2 other zones

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

while we’re on the topic make sure to proactively position yourself so you don’t get a broken nose or lose a tooth

whether it’s wrasslin or bedtime, protect ur money maker

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's kind of funny in a way when the finally try to swing off you on some way now that they're older and instead of being able to take it in your stride, you fall over, and your kid comes to the realisation you're not a superhero youre just an old person

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

my dad always tells me about how he stopped carrying me on his back because I would just pull his hair all the time

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

it's kind of funny in a way when the finally try to swing off you on some way now that they're older and instead of being able to take it in your stride, you fall over, and your kid comes to the realisation you're not a superhero youre just an old person

going to obtain the latest in sketchy illegal steroids so this never happens to me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

cowboy beepboop posted:

going to obtain the latest in sketchy illegal steroids so this never happens to me

same but cybernetic implants, like in the futurama episode

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it’s a slow humbling process going from tossing a baby in the air, to carrying a toddler around, to having a 12yo suplex you into submission

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

while we’re on the topic make sure to proactively position yourself so you don’t get a broken nose or lose a tooth
This can't be emphasized enough. Kids are anti-jedi, they just don't see how things are going to move, and they'll knock you the gently caress out if you're not careful. Past the first year their heads are plenty hard :-|

echinopsis posted:

My kid who's still under half my weight discovered he could "pull" me off the ground when I belay him and he throws himself off the climbing wall (he can't, I'm just arresting him dynamically) adn proceeded to try it out a couple more time for funsies. Gave me a loving heart condition.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 30, 2022

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

wheeeeeee someone's discovered tantrums!!!

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

i was always a weedy nerd until I had kids. i remember picking up their cousin (2 years older) and struggling when she was about 6, but by the time my kids were that age i was so much stronger from carrying them & all the associated crap. then they got too big to carry and im growing a dad gut, but for a brief period i was strooong

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

my daughter had her first German lesson today
now she won't stop calling me Farter
lol

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

OzyMandrill posted:

i was always a weedy nerd until I had kids. i remember picking up their cousin (2 years older) and struggling when she was about 6, but by the time my kids were that age i was so much stronger from carrying them & all the associated crap. then they got too big to carry and im growing a dad gut, but for a brief period i was strooong

yes, the wiryness is real. I still carry my 7yo on my shoulders in the woods sometimes, keeps the back strong, though he's cresting 60lbs now so it could go badly

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

toddler is asleep, wife is away and you know what that means? turn the dial on dad mode to the next level *opens beer, puts on Steely Dan*

OzyMandrill posted:

my daughter had her first German lesson today
now she won't stop calling me Farter
lol

lmao rekt

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

toddler is asleep, wife is away and you know what that means? turn the dial on dad mode to the next level *opens beer, puts on Steely Dan*
hell yeah dude

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

now I'm watching Heat :c00lbert:

e: this is some potato quality streaming Amazon jfc, think I'll just watch Dredd again

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 10, 2022

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
our kid is huge, like 99th percentile h+w and the pediatrician told us to switch to 2% milk

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

kiddo took like 5 unassisted steps today tho so we’re getting there on walking

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol yeah our second kid was 99.7 percentile at birth. my poor ex wife lol.

he’s utterly normal size now at 11 tho and in fact even has abs lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can’t believe kids come with antilock break systems now

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

now I'm watching Heat :c00lbert:

e: this is some potato quality streaming Amazon jfc, think I'll just watch Dredd again

this happens every time i try to watch something on prime. i think maybe pihole or adblock probably is loving it up but lol at the idea of turning those off for bezos. It'sv literally easier to pirate it than use the real website that i paid for

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

this happens every time i try to watch something on prime. i think maybe pihole or adblock probably is loving it up but lol at the idea of turning those off for bezos. It'sv literally easier to pirate it than use the real website that i paid for

I do have a pihole so could be....but could also be buffering/lack of as my connection is a bit variable (and my WiFi coverage is terrible)

who builds a house in tyool 2014 and fits it with a million goddamn phone jacks instead of ethernet?

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

who builds a house in tyool 2014 and fits it with a million goddamn phone jacks instead of ethernet?

lol

maybe you're lucky and it's normal cat5/6 underneath so you can just change the connector boxes?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Tankakern posted:

lol

maybe you're lucky and it's normal cat5/6 underneath so you can just change the connector boxes?

oooh I hadn't thought of that.

Sunday dad mode powerup activated :pcgaming:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

oooh I hadn't thought of that.

Sunday dad mode powerup activated :pcgaming:

get the gently caress in

I figured this box was part of the electrical system because the meter is on the other side of the wall, but it's actually got all the aerial cables, whatever the gently caress those brown ones are, and a bunch of cat5e that must be the phone sockets

so this also explains why none of the aerial sockets work (but there is satellite that does so doesn't really matter), or the phone lines: they ran to the sockets and then just.....didn't connect the other ends

but also yeah, can convert that to data if I can work out the wiring type. I'm guessing relay with those cables going to each floor then round in a ring between sockets.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

time to brush up on your T568B mnemonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7lODZaa9M

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
brown stuff is rg59/rg6q aka coax.

this can also be a resource for you on your journey: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442319&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

do you have any junction boxes on the underside of the eaves of the house? wouldn't be shocked if the mystery coax is there for a security camera system.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

do you have any junction boxes on the underside of the eaves of the house? wouldn't be shocked if the mystery coax is there for a security camera system.

Hmm not that I've noticed, and there is a separate alarm system with motion sensors (that we never use tbh). the black coax appears to terminate up there but there's no aerial I can actually see connected to it

the brown coax I'd expect to be a satellite run....but I'm guessing they moved the dish and just ran a new one on the outside for whatever reason because that's what currently connects to the actual tv

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
the 5yo twins have been in full rumble mode all day lmao

*someone gets hurt/upset*
*they both go back to wrestling, etc in like a minute*

lord help me this house is so loving loud

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

devmd01 posted:

a relative had two boys, then twins, both boys.

I think I would just die

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

devmd01 posted:

my boys are older but when they start wrestling for fun i just tell them they're on their own now, and i won't care if any of them come crying or if one of them complains that he did this or that. i'm no wwe referee

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

go play outside Skyler posted:

my boys are older but when they start wrestling for fun i just tell them they're on their own now, and i won't care if any of them come crying or if one of them complains that he did this or that. i'm no wwe referee

username post combo I guess

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a relative had two boys, then twins, both boys.

I think I would just die

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

night 1 of going away with brother in law's family (two kids) ours is the middle child and is charging around hyperactively copying her cousin and it is the literal opposite of relaxing.

also she jugged a juice (which she rarely has but it was free) too fast after eating, sucked in a load of air, misjudged a burp and then did an enormous :barf: all over my wife

thank god I hadn't picked her up because she was asking for me and I would probably :barf: right back

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a tale as old as time

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Last week the cat puked on the dining room area rug right next to the table and nobody spotted it. One of the twins managed to step in it close to bedtime.

he projectile vomited over the floor after a little bit, lmao. to be fair it is pretty gross!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my 5 year old wrote a letter to jacinda ardern today, asking if spider-man is real

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Gentle Autist posted:

my 5 year old wrote a letter to jacinda ardern today, asking if spider-man is real

please report back on the answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
5yo, staying home because sick: “I’m bored.”

Me: “that’s okay, go try and find some thing to do in the basement”

5yo: “you’re supposed to say ‘hi bored, I’m dad.’”