Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Jokymi posted:

There's a CBB book coming out next year!

Looks like it will be primarily in-character pieces written by the performers.

What a weird idea. One preface, two introductions, and one foreword sounds insane too, though I get why he wanted all those names associated with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I was at the Q&A before the show in Toronto last night and someone asked them about this book and Scott legit seemed to not know what they were talking about. I don't know if he's being cagey because he can't talk about it yet or what, but that seems like a real book... but also Scott seemed to just not know about it at all. So I dunno what's going on.

Edit: Maybe Amazon hosed up and it was put up for pre-order early and Scott didn't know so he was staying tight-lipped? Dunno.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Let's see. Clockwise from the "On Air" sign we have Bob Ducca, Entree Pee Neur?, Memphis Kansas Breeze, Fourvel, the Timekeeper, Power Wheels Beth, Dalton Wilcox, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Sprague the Whisperer and Ho-ho the Naughty Elf.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 29, 2022

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

LesterGroans posted:

I was at the Q&A before the show in Toronto last night and someone asked them about this book and Scott legit seemed to not know what they were talking about. I don't know if he's being cagey because he can't talk about it yet or what, but that seems like a real book... but also Scott seemed to just not know about it at all. So I dunno what's going on.

Edit: Maybe Amazon hosed up and it was put up for pre-order early and Scott didn't know so he was staying tight-lipped? Dunno.

I mean, it only lists him as an editor, so it's realistic to me that he genuinely had no idea.

It is up on the publisher's site, though, so I don't think it's a mistake.
https://www.abramsbooks.com/product/comedy-bang-bang-the-podcast_9781419754814/

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

SpacePig posted:

I mean, it only lists him as an editor, so it's realistic to me that he genuinely had no idea.

It is up on the publisher's site, though, so I don't think it's a mistake.
https://www.abramsbooks.com/product/comedy-bang-bang-the-podcast_9781419754814/

Hmm, that link says the preface is by Bob Odenkirk despite the image having Jack Quaid.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Could one of you explain the (what I assume is a) pun behind Big Chunky Bubbles' real name?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

FBS posted:

Could one of you explain the (what I assume is a) pun behind Big Chunky Bubbles' real name?

I think during a tour Scott and Paul ate at a restaurant that had an item saying it had big chunky bubbles and they thought it was funny. It's like how Alimony Tony was born from the name of someone who submitted a catchphrase.

Edit: oops totally misread the question lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FBS posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

The other answer is to watch The Last King of Scotland.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Live At Five! posted:

The other answer is to watch The Last King of Scotland.

I love that movie and people missed the point. Inserting a relatable white guy audience surrogate was smart because you need a foil to a dictator that batshit. It's also just a thin pretense to justify Forrest Whitaker talking to chewing scenery to himself at an Oscar level

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

In the Cleveland tour ep he was talking to Jess McKenna and brought up her journals that it seems likely she did for the book. Then they both changed the subject.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"All snow does coke" was a great one-liner. Would love to see Olaf's Middle Part and Dr. Sweetchat together for the logical pairing of two strangely-shaped objects with a single hole each.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
wonder what The Grizz makes of all this

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Unfair how funny Jon Hamm is. Good to hear him back on the show.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"Number one with a bullet" got an audible yikes from me. lol Scott.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Besson posted:

Unfair how funny Jon Hamm is. Good to hear him back on the show.

Given the lack of both comedy films showing off his talents, and comedy films in general these days, I want a Scott directed CBB-regulars written Hamm movie to usher in a new wave of good poo poo for me to laugh at.

As long as they promise not to do one of those movies packed full of comedians I really like, that turns out to be an average drama with about 3 jokes that was the style at the time.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Sorry for being so late to this but Hey Randy is loving incredible

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Great Byron Denniston episode today. I keep thinking about the little giggle Andy Daley does around 36:30 and keep cracking up.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I finally saw Elvis, which makes the Brooklyn show so much funnier in retrospect. The best part of that night was Scott not getting the joke either.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

As a fellow copywriter, I am getting a nice schadenfreude out of Scott dragging the typos in the copy on this squarespace ad

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Levi's (by Lur Bazman) took me way too long to unscramble.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The book now has an official announcement. https://cbbworld.com/book/

$29.99 for a signed hardcopy, gently caress it I'm in.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Can someone explain the joke about the unabombers youngest victim at about 39 minutes in (plus robotically placed ad)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Rachel Bloom episode is one of the funniest in recent memory.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Can someone explain the joke about the unabombers youngest victim at about 39 minutes in (plus robotically placed ad)

Didn't get that either.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The only thing that comes to mind recently is this: https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-technology-presidential-arizona-2fe9856ac05cb650feb287c7a208b0bb

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Congrats to Scott and Kulap; they're having a child via surrogate (pretty soon!) Full story is covered right at the start of this week's Add to Cart.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Congrats to Scott and Kulap; they're having a child via surrogate (pretty soon!) Full story is covered right at the start of this week's Add to Cart.
This is the one weird parasocial relationship where I'm legit happy for them.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Congrats to Scott and Kulap but as someone who recently had a kid at 35 I can’t imagine having a toddler in the house when I’m over 50. Good thing Scott is 29.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mons Hubris posted:

Congrats to Scott and Kulap but as someone who recently had a kid at 35 I can’t imagine having a toddler in the house when I’m over 50. Good thing Scott is 29.

He's the youngest man in the podcast game.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Dads ‘n grads just got a lot more relatable.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Great for them, holy poo poo did Kulap go through a lot for it. Spoilers, she had six miscarriages over the years. Always felt Scott had a dad energy. That kid is gonna have the goofiest grown ups to hang with.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The World Inferno posted:

Great for them, holy poo poo did Kulap go through a lot for it. Spoilers, she had six miscarriages over the years.

And this was their last viable embryo, held in storage from an earlier treatment. Just so many layers to the story.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I just sort of assumed he and paul were childfree guys, I had no idea that was going on behind the scenes, good for Scott and Kulap for getting through it! also good luck to Scott for doing this at 50

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I just sort of assumed he and paul were childfree guys, I had no idea that was going on behind the scenes, good for Scott and Kulap for getting through it! also good luck to Scott for doing this at 50

There were a few times in the past he randomly mentioned they were trying and having difficulty on CBB, though with the trouble they had I thought they had just given up at this point. Really happy for them.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah it's been 5+ years they've been trying. They've both occasionally talked bluntly about how difficult it's been and they've tried so many shots, methods and procedures. Really happy for them too they went through a lot to get there.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Nichael posted:

This is the one weird parasocial relationship where I'm legit happy for them.

it's been a weird few days and reading this news I actually welled up for a second. really happy when anyone who wants to have a child get to though.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm 51 with a 4 year old. Of course the difference is that Scott and Kulap have plenty of money to hire help. I would never start again with a newborn at my age.

The most troubling part is that I will likely miss a great deal of my son's life.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The new Hey Randy bit of Carissa giving a rimjob to half the LA improv community was a hit for me.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Consummate Professional posted:

The new Hey Randy bit of Carissa giving a rimjob to half the LA improv community was a hit for me.

You mean a Kentucky skadoodle, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Consummate Professional posted:

https://twitter.com/Kulap/status/1575281655060627457

Sean and Hayes were too busying rimming each other to get rimmed.