Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, didn’t hear the words just read the poo poo on screen: Claire McCaskill was on MSNBC saying MAGA stands for “Making Attorneys Get Attorneys” and that poo poo is loving :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

They got ‘em, but every thing I’ve ever been taught about the profession of arms prevents me from saying they should smoke ‘em.

“‘Em” being Russian soldiers.

I look forward to the news of the peaceful, humane, and good treatment of a huge swath of surrendering Russians. Get that out to the world. Get that on Russian Facebook and TikTok, and YouTube. Make that accessible, and you’ll get 100X more surrenders for each prisoner you treat and care for humanely. That’s something their own drat Army can’t do, imagine the utility of being able to say “No worries Ivan, you surrender to us, you will be ok.” in this hosed up war with extremely hosed up, disaffected, malnourished, conscripted military? That’s pretty huge.

Go Ukraine! 🇺🇦

:same:

I actually meant cigars, it was a line from some old action movie that I can't recall.

I think Ukraines treatment of Russian captives has been exemplary and is a huge PR boon for them and also for possibly getting their own people and civilians back and I agree completely with what you suggest.

Those who were Ukrainian collaborators might be getting smoked though, although I think that would be more partisains after Russian's flee, but before Ukraine arrives, as they've been good about arresting and not straight killing collaborators.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Marshal Prolapse posted:

:same:

I actually meant cigars, it was a line from some old action movie that I can't recall.

I think Ukraines treatment of Russian captives has been exemplary and is a huge PR boon for them and also for possibly getting their own people and civilians back and I agree completely with what you suggest.

Those who were Ukrainian collaborators might be getting smoked though, although I think that would be more partisains after Russian's flee, but before Ukraine arrives, as they've been good about arresting and not straight killing collaborators.

Yeah, this is going to enter a dicey phase - handling the mass surrender and processing of Russian POWs and reintegration of liberated territories without a lot of reprisal killings may be tricky but it's going to be really important for setting the stage for sustained peace and avoiding handing Russia a propaganda win.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, collaborators? That’s an internal problem, and if they’ve decided to go with summary executions… well, I’m not losing sleep over it.

I don’t know that the League of Nations or the UN or just the world at large have any rules about how you deal with those kind of people under these circumstances.

I’ll happily be proven wrong on a factual basis, but I can’t really see myself changing views on collaborators. If Eddie Slovak could hang for refusing to fight, I feel like we don’t have the ground to say poo poo about them hanging collaborators.

But I mean… I’m not a good person by some measures, so I wouldn’t put too much stock in what I feel. Other than to say there are way more people that feel along the lines that I do than don’t. That’s more a comment on people, than morality.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1569157298655739904

Supposedly, whatever it was saw him board the plane in golf cleats.

Please, please, please unannounced, surprise Fuckening. :pray:

Trump National Golf Club (Washington DC) is like minutes from Dulles.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1569157298655739904

Supposedly, whatever it was saw him board the plane in golf cleats.

Please, please, please unannounced, surprise Fuckening. :pray:

https://twitter.com/KarenInSoFlo/status/1569388381402005508

He's just in town to plan more crimes, he know he has a mole close to him so he's probably just making sure he does his crimes alone and only with co-conspirators present that he thinks he can trust. That's my theory anyway.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
DOJ isn't loving around in the Fake Elector scheme either - two more trump cronies had their phones seized.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1569442187036991488

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

stackofflapjacks posted:

My idiot, Swiss cheese internet brain goes
"Sick encirclement 10/10, that's like 20 divisions in HoI4"

And literally at a remarkably good place to pull encirclements in game, UKR knew

Why's this, abutting the river and sea?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

DOJ isn't loving around in the Fake Elector scheme either - two more trump cronies had their phones seized.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1569442187036991488

Its getting better:

https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1569432885702332416?s=20&t=L5D7XXl2kTdbsrJjFlVQHQ

A lot of people are noting Trump wore golf cleats on the plane, which isn't something you normally do, so a lot of observers are suspecting this was an unplanned flight.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:yeshaha:

i so hope that the mattering is finally here

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why's this, abutting the river and sea?

In-game the supply system approximates what is happening to Russia, RE: that video of Russians getting incoming artillery on a pontoon bridge. That's the only way in or out, and now your army is stuck on the wrong side of the river and the enemy can interdict your meagre river supply.

Encirclements are prized as well because it's the only way to apply actual causalities en masse instead of attriting their equipment. Usually you do 'deep battle' and bumrush armored divs through front lines and hold your gains with motorized infantry, once the encircle is complete the supply for those units plummets and you can reduce them quickly.

Is this about HoI4 or 2022?
Yes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I used to enjoy a bj :smith:

https://twitter.com/EllingUlrich/status/1568193798215286784?t=0WJjf2jwQhLuI8T8uZ-j4Q&s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't worry, you'll never get it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BJ variant: sponsored by WIRED

https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/1569281089486585857

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Interesting. I wouldn't mind being part of a study on this. Almost three years in and I haven't gotten it yet despite being exposed to several cases (with subsequent precautionary self-isolation). A lot of people I know have had it at least once at this point.

GB3Pwood
Sep 13, 2004
Insult Swordfighter

Kazinsal posted:

Interesting. I wouldn't mind being part of a study on this. Almost three years in and I haven't gotten it yet despite being exposed to several cases (with subsequent precautionary self-isolation). A lot of people I know have had it at least once at this point.

I've been curious myself. I can't tell if I've been extraordinarily lucky or if I've been more careful than I think. I worked an electrical field service job where most coworkers and customers didn't care or weren't super careful. I'm also not a specimen of peak physical health. Maybe all that 2020 drinking made my body a hostile environment???

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m married for 20 years so I doubt I’ll catch this new variant.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
My wife and two kids had it and I was fine the whole time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like I’ve said before, it must be the shape of our skulls. There’s definitely no logic in protective measures.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I’ve also dodged Covid despite my wife catching it and also being exposed several times.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm not aware that I've gotten it either.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

SA full of virgins, checks out.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I got miserably sick on a det to Key West back in April, but the official policy was "no getting tested for COVID while on det", so as far as anyone knows I've never had COVID.

By now my cough has almost completely gone away.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
There's always someone on the skinny ends of the bell curve.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I live out of hotels for 6-7 weeks at a time and am never around people other than getting food or gas i know exactly why i haven't gotten it if i haven't yet

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I also never tested positive or showed symptoms. I'm pretty boring, though. Been back in the office full time for months, but still nada.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I've made up for NZ being covid free for a long time by having it twice :negative:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Patriots having a normal one:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Platystemon posted:

Patriots having a normal one:

Appealing to the tradition of the founders by pleading with the king of England to save them

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CommieGIR posted:

Its getting better:

https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1569432885702332416?s=20&t=L5D7XXl2kTdbsrJjFlVQHQ

A lot of people are noting Trump wore golf cleats on the plane, which isn't something you normally do, so a lot of observers are suspecting this was an unplanned flight.

Which group is the one that Clarence Thomas's wife funded to bus traitors in?

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry
Ukraine's success in its counterattacks seem to have undermined Russia's status as a security power and emboldened Azerbaijan to attack Armenia last night.

https://apnews.com/article/azerbaijan-armenia-1aa2ec4e28135a8667823476c391e3ea

quote:

Speaking in parliament early Tuesday, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said that Azerbaijani shelling has killed at least 49 Armenian soldiers.

He said the Azerbaijani action followed his recent European Union-brokered talks in Brussels with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev that revealed what he described as Azerbaijan’s uncompromising stand.

Pashinyan called Russian President Vladimir Putin overnight and also had phone calls with French President Emmanuel Macron, European Council President Charles Michel, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken to discuss the hostilities.

The Armenian government said that the country will officially ask Russia for assistance under a friendship treaty between the countries and also appeal to the United Nations and the Collective Security Treaty Organization, a Moscow-dominated security alliance of ex-Soviet nations that includes Armenia.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov refrained from comment on Yerevan’s request, but added that Putin was “taking every effort to help de-escalate tensions.”

Russia’s Foreign Ministry urged both parties “to refrain from further escalation and show restraint” and voiced hope that a cease-fire brokered by Moscow this morning will hold.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Turning toward Azerbaijan might be Russia's best face saving way to disengage from Ukraine.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
The Russians left Armenia to the wolves the last time, despite them being in the CSTO, and not being committed in Ukraine like now. I'd hardly call it taking advantage of the situation if Russian policy towards Armenia is not to give a gently caress to start with.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
What does Azerbaijan even want at this point? I thought they finally secured everything they claimed.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stravag posted:

I live out of hotels for 6-7 weeks at a time and am never around people other than getting food or gas i know exactly why i haven't gotten it if i haven't yet

Same except it’s I stay in my backyard and house. I don’t know if I got it at some point and didn’t get sick (That would be extremely good and lucky for me since I have every complicating comorbidity EXCEPT diabetes) or if my preferred state of isolation and vaccination kept me from getting it. I mean, my county is the most active county in my state, and my state is leading the charge on COVID infections. Yay red states.

Anyway you cut it, my biggest socialization every year is going deer hunting with my extended family.

Wife is a nurse and has worked the entire pandemic. She never got it, that we know of, and she was exposed many different times.

Close to 3 years since COVID kicked off and it still scares the poo poo out of me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stravag posted:

Yeah my wife and I have had to take extra precautions the entire time because she's a diabetic transplant recipient so I'm under no illusion that our precautions and luck are the reasons we haven't gotten it despite being repeatedly exposed, not any kind of secret immunity we both somehow share.

I'm sure natural immunity actually exists, but we've known it's existed for HIV for a very long time and I don't think that knowledge has been overly helpful.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

joat mon posted:

Turning toward Azerbaijan might be Russia's best face saving way to disengage from Ukraine.

Sounds solid on paper until they end up getting clowned on by the Azerbaijanis

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Speaking of COVID, I missed this earlier:

“On September 1, 2022, CDC recommended updated COVID-19 boosters from Pfizer-BioNTech for people ages 12 years and older and from Moderna for people ages 18 years and older.”

Their announcement phrased is in a real dipshit passive-voice referential way:

quote:

Today, CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, M.D., M.P.H., endorsed the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendations for use of updated COVID-19 boosters from Pfizer-BioNTech for people ages 12 years and older and from Moderna for people ages 18 years and older.

Updated COVID-19 boosters add Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 spike protein components to the current vaccine composition, helping to restore protection that has waned since previous vaccination by targeting variants that are more transmissible and immune-evading.

In the coming weeks, CDC also expects to recommend updated COVID-19 boosters for other pediatric groups, per the discussion and evaluation of the data by ACIP on Sept. 1, 2022. When data are available and FDA authorizes these other types of COVID-19 boosters, CDC will quickly move to help make them available in the United States.

They could have just said something like, “The CDC approved a new booster on September 1st and recommends that everyone get it.”

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

slurm posted:

What does Azerbaijan even want at this point? I thought they finally secured everything they claimed.

They got most of what they wanted, but not all of what they wanted. And who knows? Kicking your regional rival while they're down is just good politics, especially if Daddy Russia is off getting his balls crushed in a vice.

Unfortunately, I don't know if Armenia can resist Azerbaijan successfully. Only Georgia is friendly and Georgia is in no position to help in any real way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I know nothing about Armenia/ Azerbaijan. What are they fighting over and is one less terrible than the other?