Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

No Sphere Grid No Summon No Customize No Overdrives No Escape No [No Encounters] No Blitzball

Can't level up, can't use summons, can't customize equipment, can't use limit breaks, can't escape from battles, can't turn off encounters, can't play blitzball

I have always wondered about which game I would speedrun.
I think the answer has been chosen for me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I have always wondered about which game I would speedrun.
I think the answer has been chosen for me...

Throw-a-blitzball-at-a-dog% I'm sure

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ff7 and ff10 have several 30+ character acronyms attached to them these days but it might be interesting for anyone who isnt a lost soul to just look into the history of nsg monster arena and dark aeons

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
*nodding* i see. so it's like that, huh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Throw-a-blitzball-at-a-dog% I'm sure

:eyepop:

oh no

Violen posted:

Some of these look intriguing but I would not want to look them up in case I get spoiled on the game. So far the big thing I knew about it (the awkward laugh) has happened and I have full context of it. The rest is a lovely story slowly unfolding :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NSGNSNCNONENNENBB is basic, real pros get on that NTNSNRNFNDNTNQNZNHNLNMNPNBN;N1N&

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo Direct
Sony State of Play

annnnnd to top of the trio

Cyberpunk Edgerunners is out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtqIas3bYhg

A new series by Studio Trigger :allears:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1569618193731260416?s=20&t=Uo0CXmC2C2KipxAilAmSIA

:dogstare:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your links busted mate, I've fixed it up

Not even a year old :laffo:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo Direct
Sony State of Play

annnnnd to top of the trio

Cyberpunk Edgerunners is out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtqIas3bYhg

A new series by Studio Trigger :allears:

I've got all next week off, might try and watch some of this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can anyone confirm that game actually existed, or is this all an elaborate ARG?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Babylon's Fail

no need to thank me, journalists

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Even Anthem lasted longer than that

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

So is it completely unplayable after that date?

(Some might say it's completely unplayable now, but you know what I mean)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I better go play Babylon’s Fall right now now that its become Limited Edition

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the person saying that Sonic Frontiers was easily going to be the worst game of the year forgot that Babylon's Fall happened.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sonic Frontiers has already given me more entertainment than actually playing Babylons Fall ever could

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

seeing how I'll be asleep for the Direct

Direct wishlist
- new Mario
- BotW2 release date (Xmas release)
- Metroid Prime 4 footage, Trilogy release on eShop after Direct
- Charlie Day as Luigi memes ITT
- Whatever Helvetica Scenario that is Chris Pratt's Mario voice

Long shots
- Blast Corps on VC
- New Kid Icarus+ Ice Climbers
- New Smash Pass

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oh boy direct in 1 hour :3

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

- BotW2 release date (Xmas release)

Hasn't it already been pushed to next year?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I didn't say which year :v:

(But yeah... gently caress, forgot about that)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Remember that any UK people caught watching the Direct will get sent directly to the Tower.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm working at the office during the Direct, can't believe Nintendo would disrespect Lizzie like this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard they're adding her to Smash

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Can't believe people are still posting during this time of mourning

How disrespectful

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We had an entire war so that I would have the freedom to post while Lizzie's in a box.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I'm working at the office during the Direct, can't believe Nintendo would disrespect Lizzie like this

deeply sick nation

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In honoUr of the Queen I will not season any food for one week.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Violen posted:

I remember looking at the various acronym soup challenge FAQs out of curiosity and discovering a lot of them get to the final boss then end with "We don't actually know how to beat the final boss in this challenge. Maybe you can be the first!"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Procrastine posted:

I remember looking at the various acronym soup challenge FAQs out of curiosity and discovering a lot of them get to the final boss then end with "We don't actually know how to beat the final boss in this challenge. Maybe you can be the first!"

IENANENPANLBCMOLLNIIENACMO is about the journey not the destination.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's a point where something stops being a test of skill and starts being a test of patience. Tedium is not difficulty.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Babylon's Fall service will be ending in February so I guess that Xbox port isn't happening

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a point where something stops being a test of skill and starts being a test of patience. Tedium is not difficulty.

I remember reading the no aphere grid FFX guide expecting loads of really clever ability and status manipulations to make it through and then the Seymour Flux guide was like 'keep trying until you get good RNG and he doesn't wipe your party' and I realised these people are just masochists

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What was so lovely about Babylon's Fall anyway, I barely heard about it other than "this sucks"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

What was so lovely about Babylon's Fall anyway, I barely heard about it other than "this sucks"

that pretty much sums it up, it was a fourth-rate brawler that didn’t justify the live service loot model at all

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

i like that all the recommended FF6/7/8/9 guides have stuff in there for "perfect playthrough" players who like getting 99x of each item, including ones which are like, a low percentage steal chance from a single enemy in a single area in the game so it's like "btw if you're doing a perfect playthrough simply steal 99 of these items"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh boy nintendo direct time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Fist of the North Star boxing. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hopefully this time they remember to make the strategy part of fire emblem good, it's been a few games since they bothered