Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:rip:

More roughing the passer than sacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/reesewaters/status/1569431653369405443?s=46&t=fGhxNotjYcheHHxYCklZ6g

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I’m surprised our fans still get that emotional anymore after a literal quarter century of this. Romo was in his prime during the constant 8-8 years the last time time I was that emotionally invested in the team.

The Cowboys now are basically Jerruh playing a villainous version of 00’s Al Davis except he has Will McClay as his exasperated hypercompetent sidekick constantly pulling good draft picks out of the air to maintain respectability and keeping the Joneses from being total tire fires. Now Dak’s hurt again and Jerry’s making bad math analogies to the press.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 13, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I feel bad for Dak, but at this point you can't really trust he'll ever play a full season. Cowboys should think about drafting a replacement

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Players love it when owners put unrealistic time frames on their recovery

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1569641287929716739?s=46&t=S-WCKRvi7vDDXiPAQpvauw

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What does it mean to be a fast healer? Is there some scientific way to measure that? Does Dak have super blood or genes or something that I don’t have?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
nanobots

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

What does it mean to be a fast healer? Is there some scientific way to measure that? Does Dak have super blood or genes or something that I don’t have?

Some athletes do heal faster than others, though I don't think we've had the scientific studies to show exactly how and why such things happen. Otherwise, they should do everything they can to study and use Giannis' DNA to advance the entire human race.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

it means you heal fast OP. the scientific way to measure it is with a watch or a calendar. yes Dak's genes are better than yours and mine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It means if he’s not back by then he’s malingering and it’s not Jerry’s fault

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Didn't TO sleep in a Darth Vader chamber or something to be able to come back for the super bowl?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes and then lurie played hardball with him on his next deal

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Wolverine blood

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

iamsosmrt posted:

Some athletes do heal faster than others, though I don't think we've had the scientific studies to show exactly how and why such things happen. Otherwise, they should do everything they can to study and use Giannis' DNA to advance the entire human race.

It's more that they put in full rehab instead of half assing it. Kind of underrated how unbelievably difficult it is to come back from any of the myriad of injuries NFL players suffer if youre just a normal joe blow. People like Russ who sleep in cryogenic time chambers are the exception, not the rule with athletes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2022/09/four-fans-hurt-after-railing-collapse-at-fedex-field-sue-commanders-others/

Lawsuit time Danny!

The video from last year:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1477746031014076423?s=20&t=DYEEEEyRdmF5NCwY6FY4FA

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

It's more that they put in full rehab instead of half assing it. Kind of underrated how unbelievably difficult it is to come back from any of the myriad of injuries NFL players suffer if youre just a normal joe blow. People like Russ who sleep in cryogenic time chambers are the exception, not the rule with athletes.

is there any evidence that hyperbaric chambers do anything for healing?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

indigi posted:

is there any evidence that hyperbaric chambers do anything for healing?

Hyperbaric no, that's completely different than cryogenesis and is most likely a placebo.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6560326/
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2021.791872/full
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-19670-x

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Eat poo poo Dan!

(although I gotta admit it didn't look like anyone was actually hurt, but who knows)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/totalprosports/status/1569717923383574530?s=46&t=oB8rU20DSQo46vmNArlnPQ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBC4Sports/status/1570087129069355011?s=20&t=1v_klTCMCbJobiWP0onMTw

Still mind blowing he’s not wrecked his career or something even worse happened.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cartoon Man posted:

https://twitter.com/NBC4Sports/status/1570087129069355011?s=20&t=1v_klTCMCbJobiWP0onMTw

Still mind blowing he’s not wrecked his career or something even worse happened.

I mean, he does play for the Washington team.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Them bullets must have been real superficial through and through or something. Incredibly luck, I would only wish getting shot on my worst enemies (of which, not even the gently caress the cowboys come close to constituting being worthy of this)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Should have put money down on +4000

https://twitter.com/pff_bet/status/1570070365476372483?s=46&t=iG0K0AoSmuSTnbN_VocHow

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The guy completed less than half of his passes and was scrambling against Anzalone I don't know how the gently caress people keep believing in him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who hurts ?? He was super accurate against the lions

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

Who hurts ?? He was super accurate against the lions

uh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t be a Blazrgh.

Those kinds of Stats are misleading and pointless . If you watch the game he was excellent

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Stats can be misleading but 18/32 for no TDs is not an excellent performance

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
He had an okay rushing performance but to call him super accurate there is lol

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 15, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Now run the numbers for Carson Wentz.

(But please ignore the two INTs…)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And yet he had an excellent performance ? Who is right ? Reality or fantasy stats ?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I watched the game. He ran everything out of shotgun with half of them being RPOs which he turned into nothing but sideline throws again. He had that one nice dime to Brown but that was about it. He did all of his damage against a 6th round rookie and two slow as gently caress LBs that couldn't keep up with him even when spying.

Still good and it won them the game, but he's a lovely passer.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
He showed improvement as a passer based off breakdowns I’ve seen. Still left the pocket too soon sometimes. He can’t run 19 times a game or whatever it ended up being. Minnesota D should be a good test this week.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He is one of the fastest runners in the NFL. I don't think their LBs being slow was the issue. Hes just too good.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Hurts can't throw hth

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

He is one of the fastest runners in the NFL. I don't think their LBs being slow was the issue. Hes just too good.

Definitely one of the fastest QBs but far from the fastest runner, although that's just pedantic since everyone in the NFL is blazing. LBs being slow will always be an issue when someone is faster than them at this point you're just being weird.

Game-Blouses posted:

He showed improvement as a passer based off breakdowns I’ve seen. Still left the pocket too soon sometimes. He can’t run 19 times a game or whatever it ended up being. Minnesota D should be a good test this week.

I agree somewhat. Lions were putting some serious pressure on him and leaving the pocket was a necessity. I also think that Hurts is one of the few QBs in the league that benefits from constantly leaving the pocket as sideline routes become a lot easier when you're lined up. Like if Rodgers does it all the time then Hurts shouldn't be hated for it. It's just that every time I see him having to throw any route down the middle he steps up a bunch, pats the ball, has this elongated throw, and the guy has to be wide open for it to even happen.

That to me is just that knack missing. Either way he's good enough to win games but MVP? gently caress outta here.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Doltos posted:

Definitely one of the fastest QBs but far from the fastest runner, although that's just pedantic since everyone in the NFL is blazing. LBs being slow will always be an issue when someone is faster than them at this point you're just being weird.

I agree somewhat. Lions were putting some serious pressure on him and leaving the pocket was a necessity. I also think that Hurts is one of the few QBs in the league that benefits from constantly leaving the pocket as sideline routes become a lot easier when you're lined up. Like if Rodgers does it all the time then Hurts shouldn't be hated for it. It's just that every time I see him having to throw any route down the middle he steps up a bunch, pats the ball, has this elongated throw, and the guy has to be wide open for it to even happen.

That to me is just that knack missing. Either way he's good enough to win games but MVP? gently caress outta here.

Absolutely. Some of it was the right call based off the pressure overloads, or OL being rusty with blitz pickups (or credit to the Lions DC). He generally gets positive yardage when he leaves the pocket and also doesn’t turn the ball over. He has to refine when he leaves, and, to your point, improve throwing between the hashes. These things have to happen if he is going to be the QB long term. AJ is supposed to help with hash throws based off how well he runs slants. We will see…

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

euphronius posted:

And yet he had an excellent performance ? Who is right ? Reality or fantasy stats ?

Fantasy reality or real stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts was literally the 7th fastest ball carrier in the whole league last weekend