Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I had the CA53W-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i had some form of the W96H (i think) and when the band eventually deteriorated i stuck it on a monitor so i could see the time in fullscreen games :c00lbert:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've got the A700W which is peak F91-W design.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 13, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

casiowns

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i just got a dw5600 to replace an ae1200 and they are both so good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

mobby_6kl posted:

That's why if you don't need the tacticool terrorist look, the A158W is the way to go.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

That's why if you don't need the tacticool terrorist look, the A158W is the way to go.

casio a158w sucked me off?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
“Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.”

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

4lokos basilisk posted:

casio a158w sucked me off?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wtf happened in this thread

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Management posted:

watch party

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Management posted:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-1887-spacex-chronograph-watch-hands-on/

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 13, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Watch chat always gets really horny and terrorism themed

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i am allergic to most alloys so i don't wear any jewelry including watches

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol nice 6 grand "swiss" watch with a japanese movement

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

lol nice 6 grand "swiss" watch with a japanese movement

but it says it was in space and it has the dragon capsule on it

I also found out from googling this that the celebrity watch trackers report that Elon hasn’t regularly worn a watch for years

you know, after finding out celebrity watch tracking is a thing. (actually I guess I knew that but who doesn’t just use an Apple Watch these days)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

polyester concept posted:

i am allergic to most alloys so i don't wear any jewelry including watches
swatch it is!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

hobbesmaster posted:

but it says it was in space and it has the dragon capsule on it

I also found out from googling this that the celebrity watch trackers report that Elon hasn’t regularly worn a watch for years

you know, after finding out celebrity watch tracking is a thing. (actually I guess I knew that but who doesn’t just use an Apple Watch these days)

Look up what Conor McGregor wears.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gschmidl posted:

Look up what Conor McGregor wears.

a cast?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mechanical watch fetishism is ridiculous, it's literally the same argument as records: it has "soul" [because it's fragile, annoying and finicky plus the performance is objectively worse than newer technology]

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

mechanical watch fetishism is ridiculous, it's literally the same argument as records: it has "soul" [because it's fragile, annoying and finicky plus the performance is objectively worse than newer technology]

otoh mechanical watch repair asmr TikToks put my toddler to sleep so it is impossible to say it’s bad or not

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

speaking of newer technology! tesla's vaunted 4680 is....nothing special, just bigger.

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1569429825399541763?s=20

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Endless Mike posted:

speaking of newer technology! tesla's vaunted 4680 is....nothing special, just bigger.

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1569429825399541763?s=20

lmao

Silicon Is Awesome And Inexpensive

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

yeah we have atomics now

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

qirex posted:

mechanical watches are neato, op

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao

Silicon Is Awesome And Inexpensive

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1344678054560493569?s=20&t=EWkzHi6pcWeL3XuBm-i1dQ

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
mechanical watches are cool but practically speaking the best watch is the f91w.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/kmedved/status/1569723308639232000?s=21&t=3KSht8P1vubZpF9ZJtw2zA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

yeah don't need a fuckin PR department when you e got Elon fuckin musk out there defending the upsides of child labor in mines

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

"based on my feed" really says everything

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

absolutely shocked that he thinks child labor in mines is fine, actually

lmao, glad(?) to see i've got musk's thinking nailed

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wild EEPROM posted:

mechanical watches are cool but practically speaking the best watch is the f91w.

this is correct

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

Anyone who gives a poo poo about fitness runs a Garmin.

I heard from people at the gun range that snappy recoil could kill early Apple watches, but they also believe really dumb things about springs.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Zamujasa posted:

"based on my feed" really says everything

I'd guess a decent percentage of all twitter bots specifically respond only to him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shumagorath posted:

I heard from people at the gun range that snappy recoil could kill early Apple watches, but they also believe really dumb things about springs.

you'd have to have some crazy rear end recoil for that to be true

broken screen, sure, but completely dead because of it? :thunk:

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
A quick Full Self Dying narrowly avoided only because the person was specifically monitoring for their car's propensity to kill them:

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1569690004544274433

Edit, also, Tesla v. Pinto update:
https://twitter.com/ton_aarts/status/1568531412977963009

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 13, 2022

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

In a special meeting of shareholders Tuesday, holders of Twitter stock voted to approve the company’s sale to Tesla CEO Elon Musk for $54.20 per share.

Of course, Musk’s lawsuit is no small obstacle. The billionaire is looking to have the $44 billion deal unwound, while Twitter wants to force him to close.

While Musk initially based his suit on Twitter’s public claims around bots, it has since expanded following the disclosures of Twitter whistleblower Peiter “Mudge” Zatko, who previously Twitter’s head of security.

Twitter’s board approved the sale to Musk in April, after just a couple of weeks of talks. Since then, the stock market has seen a correction, with tech stocks hit particularly hard. That decline made Musk’s $54.20 deal seem quite rich, and Musk began to express regret over the purchase agreement in the weeks after the deal was unveiled.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Shumagorath posted:

correct

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ultraklystron posted:

A quick Full Self Dying narrowly avoided only because the person was specifically monitoring for their car's propensity to kill them:

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1569690004544274433

maybe it's the perspective but this seems to be going way too fast for a narrow residential road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i don't buy it. musk is exactly the kind of shithead who would pretend he made this kind of a mistake once his manic phase wore off

he was the one who made the proposition to twitter. he was the one who slammed the money on the table and screamed NO DUE DILIGENCE SELL IT TO ME NOW OR ELSE