Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

my first exposure to the series was the gamecube pack-in compilation and iirc the first thing you see is the WW demo, so between that and all the GBA/DS games that reused the aesthetic, WW's style has always just been one of the ways zelda looks to me

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The sandship in SS now feels like a weird question between if it was a take off the cut content from Wind Waker or if it was new ideas building off Wind Waker just for the zone.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Shiroc posted:

The sandship in SS now feels like a weird question between if it was a take off the cut content from Wind Waker or if it was new ideas building off Wind Waker just for the zone.

Or bad ideas, trying and failing to recapture WW's magic.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

They should bring back the Japanese Gamecube version of the triforce hunt, where one of the triforce charts is at the end of a chain of treasure charts leading to other treasure charts

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Muscle Tracer posted:

Or bad ideas, trying and failing to recapture WW's magic.

the sandship owned tho

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Augus posted:

the sandship owned tho

Yeah, Wind Waker's better overall but I didn't think anyone hated on the sandship :confused:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sandship was the coolest part of the game

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

mostly because you get the bow which allows you to ignore sword combat from then on

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

hatty posted:

Sandship was the coolest part of the game

:hmmyes:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Sandship good, robot pirate miniboss I could never do the motion controls against bad.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I remember seeing tons of merch statues of the Robot Pirate before I played the game and I assumed he was something significant.

Then I discovered he was a miniboss that gets destroyed with very little fanfare and was very confused about the whole thing.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Then again one of the best additions in WWHD were the Miiverse messages in bottles, and that's dead now. I hope they can figure out something similar for the Switch, but I'm not holding my breath.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zat posted:

Then again one of the best additions in WWHD were the Miiverse messages in bottles, and that's dead now. I hope they can figure out something similar for the Switch, but I'm not holding my breath.

They managed it for Splatoon 2&3's art posts, I can't see why they couldn't do it for Wind Waker too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They managed it for Splatoon 2&3's art posts, I can't see why they couldn't do it for Wind Waker too.

I got excited when I remembered that was in Splatoon 3, then disappointed again when I remembered that there's no feedback system like with miiverse. Just much less fun to make something when it feels like you're tossing it out into the void with no idea whether anyone ends up seeing it.
Unless I managed to completely miss some part of it, which is possible.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (aka BotW 2)

5/12/23

EDIT: May 12 for those of you who write your dates differently

oopsie rock fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 13, 2022

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SNF4M_v7wc

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
TotK is a fun acronym

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Tears as in crying ot tears as in holes

????

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

????

Tears as in "Link went on a tear through Kakariko village, destroying everything in sight"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got some big Wind Waker vibes from the hieroglyphs (hyruleglyphs?) and then a whole smack of Skyward Sword once he jumped off.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I spy 7 floaty rock macguffins, gimme da temples Aonuma

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Surprised by the strong Twilight Princess vibes from the wall art. Lookin’ like we might maybe possibly need to engage with tears of light again.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Time travel or a different character altogether? Both? I guess this outfit was also shown in the teaser a year ago, still no direct face shots though.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 13, 2022

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I wonder if that title is why they were delayed the Direct. That trailer was way too short but at least we have a title and release date! Guess I'll be spending one of the nicest months of the year locked inside playing Zelda for a week straight.

When I realized the thing he landed on wasn't just a platform, I let out a little yelp of glee. Here's hoping we get to do some flying in this one!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

????

Yes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fifty Three posted:

Time travel or a different character altogether? Both? I guess this outfit was also shown in the teaser a year ago, still no direct face shots though.

Prince of Persia Sands of Time clothing damage.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Fifty Three posted:

Unga bunga armor set

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

I can't help but see that as Caveman Link, which would be a fun teamup

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

First of all: ears

Secondly, the carving in the background seems to be Zelda and :iiam: doing a cool hand gesture. They’ve gone out of their way to cover the face.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Zelda is loving good

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
One of those carvings seems to show Zelda in the sacrificial levitation pose so who knows what she's doing this time around.

The title and carving with what I presume are the tears in question suggests classic dungeons are back in some form though, that's got me excited.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s Hyrule Castle from BOTW but the surrounding arches that held the guardians aren’t there. Probably takes place in the past like they’ve previously speculated.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that thing off in the distance looks like a temple or something

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

broken pixel posted:

First of all: ears

Secondly, the carving in the background seems to be Zelda and :iiam: doing a cool hand gesture. They’ve gone out of their way to cover the face.

The thing that Zelda's doing the gesture with is the thing from the beginning, just in profile, so we see it's face (or mask).

Stoked to have a proper hang glider to rip around the skies with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fr1Z07AV00

The other thing I was thinking about, it's funny how different in tone it feels from that first teaser way back when. I really dug that grim vibe, it feels like poo poo is about to go down in a big way, but it feels like everything since then has leaned way back into the big adventury feel, especially since we learned they were adding in everything up in the air.
Just interesting to think about, remembering my initial reaction. Other games have had a mix of tones too, I'll be curious to see what is actually going on with this one when it finally comes out.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
More like Tiers of the Kingdom :smuglink:

Jokes aside, it looks like they want to keep the underground stuff secret until the release, or at least a later trailer. I was wondering if that underground stuff is just the first few minutes of the game and they were leading people's expectations in the wrong direction.

superjew fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 13, 2022

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

superjew posted:

More like Tiers of the Kingdom :smuglink:

Jokes aside, it looks like they want to keep the underground stuff secret until the release, or at least a later trailer. I was wondering if that underground stuff is just the first few minutes of the game and they were leading people's expectations in the wrong direction.

With the title reveal, if there is underground exploration, then it would be great if they included sections of previous dungeons/areas from past games that contain clues/memories about defeating Ganon once and for all. Or it's possible some of these buildings in the sky are exactly that?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gat drat I'm hyped :dance:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

Tears as in "Link went on a tear through Kakariko village, destroying everything in sight"

japanese title means crying so i gear its crying tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

7 tear things in the mural = 7 dungeons eh