Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bears offensive line looked good with a lot of the same personnel. Like Borom looked pretty drat good. Teven Jenkins was just a bully at guard and not afraid to give Bosa some hard shots when he went inside. Seems like Patrick should be able to start snapping soon and he'll be a massive upgrade over Mustipher. Maybe Poles was right not to dump a bunch of money into the O-Line just yet.

Their receiving core is still atrocious and I do wish they had gone out and gotten someone semi-competent. Someone like Russell Gage would have been such a massive upgrade from what they are trotting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm here to tell you that the Bears are absolutely going to beat the Packers next week

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
lmao why are you guys arguing what part of the team lost it for Green Bay, we all know they lost the second Kirk went zero dark LeBron mode. Just pray Fields doesn't unlock some kind of seal team Jordan mode or it'll be a long year battling the Lions for third.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

GNU Order posted:

I'm here to tell you that the Bears are absolutely going to beat the Packers next week

Money line on the Bears is +285. If you're certain.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Aaron's doing one of his weird butter cleanses as we speak, he'll be ready for the Bears

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Money line on the Bears is +285. If you're certain.

I’m a Packers fan and I’m thinking about that. That means I put up $100, and I get my $100 + $185 back if the Bears win?

Is it worth losing $100 if the Packers win though? Cuz if I put money on the Bears, the Packers will definitely win. I’m that kind of cursed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ghosthorse posted:

lmao why are you guys arguing what part of the team lost it for Green Bay, we all know they lost the second Kirk went zero dark LeBron mode. Just pray Fields doesn't unlock some kind of seal team Jordan mode or it'll be a long year battling the Lions for third.

That's a really loving stupid thing to say, Fields isn't gonna do that.

Lebron never played on a Minnesota team. It's going to be Seal Team Giannis Mode.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m a Packers fan and I’m thinking about that. That means I put up $100, and I get my $100 + $185 back if the Bears win?

Is it worth losing $100 if the Packers win though? Cuz if I put money on the Bears, the Packers will definitely win. I’m that kind of cursed.

Consider it an emotional insurance policy

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
The Packers defense is always overrated. Kirk did his basic deal and somehow slam dunked the defense who did a bunch of bad schemes as if he was a different guy. Only difference this year is that he threw to Jefferson more, instead of Thielen on a slant route or Conklin. Take away both options and he has no choice but to throw it longer than 10 yards.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
All defenses are overrated in 2022, scheme is king.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

MJeff posted:

That's a really loving stupid thing to say, Fields isn't gonna do that.

Lebron never played on a Minnesota team. It's going to be Seal Team Giannis Mode.

This is a very good point I didn't even think about, thank you. Goff is going to pop off into double secret Durant mode and Green Bay won't know what happened to the division. Unfortunately Rodgers has been good for so long he hasn't had to develop a secondary special forces mode and just won't be able to compete here.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Consider it an emotional insurance policy

I've hedged the Packers in the playoffs every year since sports betting was legalized in my state, and looking through my ledger, it's the primary reason why I'm in the green

...eventually I'll forget that it's blood money

edit: that and hedging the University of Michigan in the college football playoffs last year

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

If Rodgers was concerned about young receivers' development, perhaps he shouldn't have skipped half the offseason in favor of putting crystals up his rear end or w/e

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ESPNFrankie/status/1569485717159706625

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If he can learn to keep his hands together when reaching for a catch this guy is going to be so killer.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1569441862678872065

Look at that. They're playing 10 and 15 yards off Watson and he still gets past them. Unreal. He forces the corner to dip and turn while still five yards off Watson. The safety has no chance.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1569111615840174080

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did it first.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1569393361227751425

I love my nerd coach.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:stare:

OK. Guess it's time to believe.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1569708188835975168

Got that dog in him.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I just remembered the time Detroit took the wind instead of the ball in OT, then accepted a holding penalty to make it 3rd and 18 instead of 4th and 8, then the Bears kicked the winning field goal into the wind before Detroit ever got the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8G_7ks2mGE

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I just remembered the time Detroit took the wind instead of the ball in OT, then accepted a holding penalty to make it 3rd and 18 instead of 4th and 8, then the Bears kicked the winning field goal into the wind before Detroit ever got the ball.
Wow. Memories. This was the first Bears game I watched while shithoused in a bar. My friend was going nuts yelling “WHY?!?” Over and over again as we made a bet on the tab.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/CoxSports1/status/1569359603606949889

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Ope!
https://twitter.com/CoxSports1/status/1569360287140036608

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I dont know enough about Pff, but roquan was making key tackles and filling his gaps to stop the run.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I do not give a gently caress about that nerd poo poo.

Just give me 55 guys with that dawg in them and I will show you a winning football team.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think it's tough to judge players too much in those conditions. It was clear early on that Herbert was way more comfortable running in the slop than Montgomery was. Still think Montgomery is the better back.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Montgomery runs really hard but unfortunately his first contact is usually into the back of his lineman. Sometimes because they get blown up, but too many times it's because it seems like he doesn't have very good vision. Herbert looks like he gets easy yards but is much easier to tackle, Montgomery gets tough yards and is tough to bring down, but at the end of the day the YPC is similar.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/GanucheauAdam/status/1569727605120679936

Lmao

Stop texting your crimes

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Crimes? Rich people don't have crimes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wasn't his punishment that he had to send the money back but got to keep the interest?

Also did he do the whole volleyball thing so he could get his kid on the team? That's somehow sadder than the folks who just paid the coach outright.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also no Bears fans talking about how good Dominique Robinson was on Sunday??

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Brett is such a stupid rear end in a top hat

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Wasn't his punishment that he had to send the money back but got to keep the interest?

Also did he do the whole volleyball thing so he could get his kid on the team? That's somehow sadder than the folks who just paid the coach outright.

it so bad and yes they continue to cover for brett's literal multi-million dollar fraud

https://mississippitoday.org/2022/09/13/phil-bryant-brett-favre-welfare/

quote:

New pleaded guilty to 13 felony counts related to the scheme, and Davis awaits trial. But neither Bryant nor Favre have been charged with any crime.

And while the state-of-the-art facility represents the single largest known fraudulent purchase within the scheme, according to one of the criminal defendant’s plea agreement, the state is not pursuing the matter in its ongoing civil complaint. Current Gov. Tate Reeves abruptly fired the attorney bringing the state’s case when he tried to subpoena documents related to the volleyball stadium.

e: I didn't realize these were TANF funds. My god. For reference to those who don't know this is "welfare" and to be eligible in mississippi you must (https://www.mdhs.ms.gov/economic-assistance/tanf/tanf-eligibility/)

* make less than $400 a month (with 1 child) or $542 with 2
* must have less than $542 in total assets with 2 children

If you have more than $2000 in cash you are just cpmpletely ineligible no matter what. And brett favre used these funds to build a volleyball stadium

theya re variable but my god what a piece of poo poo

adaz fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 13, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

once again favre can't stand rodgers in the spotlight and has to one up him

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Niwrad posted:

He's only returned part of the money, which makes me think he doesn't have the rest.

oshuaj posted:

Brett is such a stupid rear end in a top hat

:hmmyes:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I was going to make a joke about how a Bears QB would never do something like this but Jay Cutler absolutely would have done the same thing.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Somewhere, Jordan Love sighs and crumples a piece of notepad paper with detailed plans for stealing candy from babies, and begins a new page, atop which he writes ‘puppy crusher?’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tell mike martz i said "gently caress you"