Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

video games are good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

video games are good

have you played one recently? Let's just say they're not just pac-man anymore

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Return to Dreamland got a digital-only release on the Wii U for 20 bucks which was good news for me, the person who bought a Wii U

it's nice they've ported forward a game that sorta got lost in the shuffle and now costs a lot physical but they're probably gonna charge full/close to full price for it which is less good for a decade-old Wii game

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

I said come in! posted:

video games are good

We should all strive to be more like video games

Starting today, I promise to update my loot drop table to be more accurate to my difficulty

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am excited for Theatrhythm. This will be in it, I am hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXr6aBUiBWA&t=77s

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I didn’t notice it had already been posted sorry. Are there any new features besides updated graphics and a new copy ability (I think I saw what looked like a new minigame in the trailer as well)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 13, 2022

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Has enough time passed that Pilotwings 64 won't have to remove a certain section of that one stage, Little States? Like it's been twenty-one years at this point.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Are people really hyped for Goldeneye? Like it was a staple of my childhood but it has aged horribly

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Are people really hyped for Goldeneye? Like it was a staple of my childhood but it has aged horribly

I think its more that it was the impossible forbidden game forever stuck on N64. I don't see myself putting much time into this port.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm hyped... for the ScrubQuotes.txt it's going to generate

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You are no match for my Nintendo Power!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There was also the thing where a Goldeneye port to Xbox was reportedly just short of gold when negotiations broke down between Nintendo and newly-Microsoft-owned Rare and it never saw the light of day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm not so much hyped as "Oh wow, that finally happened! Cool!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am very excited for Bayonetta 3, the game looks so fun to play, but god I wish it wasn't exclusive to Switch. The hardware so clearly holds the game back so much. It looks like a 360/ps3 game, it's really disappointing. Bayo 3 deserves better than the Switch hardware.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are they using brosnan bond or craig bond?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
actually the other consoles dont deserve bayo3

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I'm glad to be playing the new Zelda farming simulator, like all of the other farm games announced in today's direct

https://twitter.com/CircleToonsHD/status/1569699664546463746

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Seriously though and cheesy commentator aside the gameplay video for Bayo 3 looks real good and took care of any doubts I had from the first gameplay reveal.

Can't embed it cause it age-restricted
https://youtu.be/G5-nO8kbLwo

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

having watched the direct, and being a big nintendo fan....

they should really rename it the Square Switch since they seem more interested in making games for the thing than Nintendo is. like what the hell is going on over there lol, is every team sucked into BOTW2 development?? i remember when nintendoland on the wii U caused delays to other titles because teams had to be put on it to get it finished for launch. it's just really weird to have a direct to show, like, the big first foot forward into the new year, and nintendo's actual output for the first six months seems to be BOTW2, what looks like a premium followup to FE Heroes, and a couple of remasters?? and then pikmin in probably the second half of 2023

i've laughed off switch pro/2 stuff a lot, but maybe they really have shifted most of their dev teams over to it and will have more to show when that is announced next year. because i know they're not working on nothing obviously

also FE Engage means intsys will again not be able to make another Pushmo, so it can perish
Nintendo's releasing a ton of games this year

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

i've laughed off switch pro/2 stuff a lot, but maybe they really have shifted most of their dev teams over to it and will have more to show when that is announced next year. because i know they're not working on nothing obviously

I want a new Nintendo console more than anything else they are working on right now, but I hope its not a handheld. I want Mario nipples in 4K.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
best direct in years, if not ever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
fire emblem engage
ryza 3
vague hint at rune factory 6
motherfuckin' Ib
harvestella demo
zelda release date
raincode looked kinda neat

a bounty

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Front Mission 1 Remake this year was the biggest announcement for me.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The 7th Guest posted:

they should really rename it the Square Switch since they seem more interested in making games for the thing than Nintendo is.

It's not really a square console until they put FFXIV on the switch. somehow

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad I can play the lost Wii Project Zero in English (officially) finally. And without crap Wii controls.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

For me the biggest thing about the direct was the death of the queen

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hm, bayonetta seemed alive and well

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

For me the biggest thing about the direct was the death of the queen

Seems weird they managed to make a whole game about it in five days though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont want a rune factory 6 on the switch. 5 performs like absolute rear end.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
fortunately I am a powerful gamer who can enjoy things at any number of frames

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm kinda whatever on GoldenEye, but it does make wonder if the Perfect Dark remaster on my Xbox 360 still works.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

I'm kinda whatever on GoldenEye, but it does make wonder if the Perfect Dark remaster on my Xbox 360 still works.

Its backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The best part of the Direct was the new Theatrhythm.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

I said come in! posted:

Its backwards compatible on Xbox One.

I guess I should get an an Xbox eventually so I can play my XBLA collection.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

I guess I should get an an Xbox eventually so I can play my XBLA collection.

The Series X is amazing, the backwards compatibility support on it is fantastic.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feldegast42 posted:

They already released the superior Rare fps, Perfect Dark on every Xbox except the first one.

So much of the appeal of Goldeneye is tied to that weird controller and the time it was released, without that it's not so special.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Series doesn't have burnout 3 or outrun 2006 so the backwards compatibility is worthless

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Series doesn't have burnout 3 or outrun 2006 so the backwards compatibility is worthless

extremly hosed up since both worked on the 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://giant.gfycat.com/ConcreteSentimentalKentrosaurus.mp4

rox fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 13, 2022