Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Maybe I'm just falling for the lure of representation though. I watched a lot of Superstore too. Shows about service workers and public employees let me see myself and people I know on screen.

yeah i haven't seen a minute of either show but based on commercials that's the comparison i had in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/growing_daniel/status/1566999926659493888?s=20&t=zcZs9c8ZahE3kWc17PVR8A

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I guess Jimmy Kimmel did some kind of antics during the Emmys or something

https://twitter.com/furyofthegodz/status/1569522640507011079

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

this is like a student getting mad that the principal shaved their head for a pep rally

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't understand what the bit is or why someone is mad at it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

I don't understand what the bit is or why someone is mad at it

He was just kind of lying down on the stage while the Abbott Elementary lady was accepting an emmy and it kind of stepped on the moment

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that's barely a bit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

that's barely a bit

That's Jimmy Kimmel!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Unrelated, what is the best non-bummer Godard film, go

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can’t believe a professional entertainer and paid host of an event would engage in such attention seeking behavior.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/gianabryne/status/1569701731772121088?s=46&t=e2owLVEXntdRBMQiboof-A

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Smith is a menace.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

loquacius posted:

La Chinoise or Every Man for Himself

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

un femme est une femme

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

loquacius posted:

pierrot le fou

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

loquacius posted:

This is the only popcult discourse apparently going on today (and I've looked), so

Ariel's kid raises some serious questions w/r/t the genetics of mermaidhood imo

the gently caress is this poo poo? did Ursula get on crack?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

i say swears online posted:

lol jason alexander is in the cast too. i don't remember a single thing about that one

it had a happy meal... back when that meant something

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

loquacius posted:

Oh no, somebody fetch the small metal case from his breast pocket and slide one of those pills under his tongue!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

it had a happy meal... back when that meant something

it was supposed to be the arab spring of george!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/z_long/status/1569762245227454464?s=20&t=H52PJF3z0ENbNFQg9yp7Iw

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I keep seeing stuff for that Netflix All Quiet on the Western front and I can't help but wonder how they'll gently caress it up. America is at the point where I dont think its possible for it to have a coherent anti-war production added into how Netflix always has some kind of major flaw to its productions

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't care how they gently caress it up as long as Germans are getting mowed down by the truckload

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I keep seeing stuff for that Netflix All Quiet on the Western front and I can't help but wonder how they'll gently caress it up. America is at the point where I dont think its possible for it to have a coherent anti-war production added into how Netflix always has some kind of major flaw to its productions

the trailer had me very hopeful because they were pretty explicit in "this is gonna suck rear end for everyone"

indigi posted:

I don't care how they gently caress it up as long as Germans are getting mowed down by the truckload

lmfao nooo you're splitting the social democrats indigi

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

KomradeX posted:

i thought it was just another german production they bought and slapped their logo on

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Durf posted:

i thought it was just another german production they bought and slapped their logo on

even better then

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo? did Ursula get on crack?

Disney sequels have something like ‘I’m the villain’s sibling/cousin and I want revenge.” Happened with Lion King 2

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Disney sequels have something like ‘I’m the villain’s sibling/cousin and I want revenge.” Happened with Lion King 2

Mufasa had another brother??

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Durf posted:

I just saw the Netflix logo I don't know about the production partners

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

man I'm watchin this thing, Trog (1970), and I don't know what it is or who it was made for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfM_VDRWOhQ

like I'm halfway into the runtime of this thing and I don't know what genre it is or what I'm supposed to be feeling scene to scene, recommended if you like bizarre sleepy british sci-fi (i loving think???) of the seventies

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

indigi posted:

Mufasa had another brother??

nephew i think?????

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

okay here's what's gonna happen:
This guy is gonna do this and put out the lovely AI Little Mermaid de-wokified.mkz file for all of 10k racists to watch 5 minutes of and say "yes! Disney BTFO!"
and then there's gonna be a meme that comes out in the wake of it, where 4chan anon posters are obsessed with the AI Ariel that isn't actually an actress, about how she's some unattainable ideal and the fact that she's not real makes her more beautiful than real women. It'll be like the Avatar thing where people wanted to live on Pandora, but hornier and racist.

....soooooo exactly what they do every time a new anime comes out and they all slip deeper into their derangement over the new anime characters?

EDIT: Oh, or the time they gender bent a bunch of people who's politics they hated because "lol trans people", and then proceeded to get weirdly horny over genderbent David Hogg.

They do this sorta thing a lot.

Crain has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Sep 13, 2022

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

he was pretty great in mortal kombat

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1569791417051914256?s=20&t=KD5cugMLWvbgxawEy_Pnbg

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

watching Split (1989) and it's refreshingly up its own rear end, in an earnest and guileless but bottomlessly pretentious film student kind of way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f43c39qt9XY

it flows like a half-remembered dream and i love the schizophrenic tinged gangstalking stuff, plus the rudimentary computer graphics are charming

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lion king the TV show has an episode where there's a problem in the hyena lands and the lions get a bunch of Hyena refugees but then the refugees start causing problems and get kicked out. Thanks disney

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

What was this?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Eh that's still better than Aladdin (post-622 CE) crossing over with Hercules (pre-1200 BCE) because anything that happens in the orient exists in an eternal past

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

What was this?

one of them nasty prince boys demonstrating how nicholas cage might eat a peach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr Hootington posted:

What was this?

it was an interview of young Prince err King Charles talking about looking for a wife while sinister synth music played in the background.