Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Lol his reputation of contempt for people who work for him seems to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't ride a bike, can't get a surgery, but they'll still find time to sack you, the cunts

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol his reputation of contempt for people who work for him seems to be true.

Imagine collecting a wage for furiously bootlicking away at the royal establishment and then being shocked - SHOCKED- that they behave like this. Hilarious

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“I can’t believe the entitled selfish aristocrats I’ve been slavishly propping up have eaten my face”

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1569742088761229317

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

There was always going to be a lot of empire fetishism flaring up when the queen died, but I really didn't expect such a self-humiliating display as has been going on in the media. The embarassment is total. I don't think there's much hope for the UK except for it to wither, possibly rupture, and reformulate as something else in pieces down the line, and it absolutely deserves to, if this is the response to such a vestigial event after the decade the place has had. There's no future in this country, and it's completely by choice.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nenonen posted:

They should shut down all power plants as a mark of respect, that way everyone can sit in the dark and think of the queen like they should

NotSarc

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They took down the ultranationalistic jingo flags from the Jubilee along the Strand as soon as the oval office died though, out of respect I guess even though this is just flagfucking a corpse in reality.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

smellmycheese posted:

“I can’t believe the entitled selfish aristocrats I’ve been slavishly propping up have eaten my face”

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1569742088761229317

He's royal, not loyal. Hope some of them will ditch their decorum and leak damaging stories.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Zero instinct for self-preservation, we love to see it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
SO probably the correct place to ask:

My understanding is that the way the UK government interacts with the monarchy is that they pretend the monarch isn't involved, except they are, often, but not expected to actually disagree with anything.

Is that correct?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The official page on How To Mourn includes this gem:

quote:

Opening your own Book of Condolence

Any organisation or person may open a book of condolence during the period of National Mourning.

There is no set format for a book of condolence. The layout of the table is usually a trestle table on which the book is placed with a white tablecloth, an arrangement of flowers (usually lilies or other white flowers) and a framed formal photograph of Her Majesty. This could be an official portrait photograph, or one taken at a previous Royal visit. As a mark of respect, a black ribbon could be wrapped around the top right hand corner.

Please note the Royal Household and the government will not be able to receive books of condolence.
Please follow this elaborate procedure to leave condolences. Will anybody actually spend thirty seconds to accept the condolences? gently caress off, peasant.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I hereby declare this thread a Book of Goondolence

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jaxyon posted:

My understanding is that the way the UK government interacts with the monarchy is that they pretend the monarch isn't involved, except they are, often, but not expected to actually disagree with anything.

Is that correct?

Yeah basically. AIUI the monarch has power to reject any of the actions of Parliament etc. and they have to appoint the new PM etc. but if they actually exercised that power to overrule anything there'd be massive outrage.

Though the Queen and Charles have privately lobbied for politicians to change laws/not to change laws to benefit themselves, e.g. around tax rules etc. and there hasn't been uproar about that because we are a supremely cucked nation.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

brb, rebranding my anti-royalist placard as an official if nonstandard Book Of Condolence

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Surely there's guidance for appropriately disposing of the people's unironically & bafflingly heartfelt messages which don't reach the intended audience and will just be laughed at by underpaid store staff?

which you obviously just ignore and punt in the bin on tuesday

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Already off to a good start https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1569746446462734336?s=21&t=JeJGTPD8PP8uvYbE5JO7ew

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah basically. AIUI the monarch has power to reject any of the actions of Parliament etc. and they have to appoint the new PM etc. but if they actually exercised that power to overrule anything there'd be massive outrage.

Though the Queen and Charles have privately lobbied for politicians to change laws/not to change laws to benefit themselves, e.g. around tax rules etc. and there hasn't been uproar about that because we are a supremely cucked nation.
I feel like this post isn't quite connecting the dots enough. The very fact that exercising that power would cause a ruckus means Parliament is also strongly encouraged to not do anything that would make the monarch exercise it, basically legislative self-censorship.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaxyon posted:

Is that correct?

Also the monarch is present during all political debate in the form of a big gold stick that sits in the middle. Except once a little ginger lad MP tried to nick it but an old granny MP frowned at him so he put the queen stick back. Then I think we left Europe, which we couldn't whilst he had the stick.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Is that correct?

In principle while the monarch is Sovereign their power is wielded on their behalf by His Majesty's Government, who deal with day to day affairs and all that the Sovereign is required to do is sign off on legislation passed to them while they deal with all the important stuff.

In practise they have the right to revise legislation and provide their own amendments to bills as necessary, something Departed Liz used to hide her fortune and lower her taxes at points during her reign. Never been used to directly change political directions so will be excited to see if King Bigears I tries vetoing climate disaster legislation.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Christ

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Er... Did Camilla just forge the king?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Someone give the clown some fingerpaints

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I mean , your the loving KING, just request a biro ffs

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Tesseraction posted:

if King Bigears I tries vetoing climate disaster legislation.

LOL Truss's energy secretary is a climate denier I guess?

I love the western death spiral

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

I mean , your the loving KING, just request a biro ffs
There's almost certainly a penmaker laureate who'd be up in arms if the king was seen using a common biro. Also after that video, said penmaker is probably frantically trying to find an entire factory of northerners to fire to avoid having to commit rutual suicide.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
Honestly Charles forgetting what date it is and then getting pissed off with a pen leaking on him is the most relatable I've ever seen him.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

a lovely king posted:

Honestly Charles forgetting what date it is and then getting pissed off with a pen leaking on him is the most relatable I've ever seen him.

He’s only had 50 odd years to get his poo poo together for this nonsense after all

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tesseraction posted:

Already off to a good start

what the gently caress are we paying millions for if he doesn't have a person whose job it is to check if there's any running cameras in the vicinity before he is allowed to face off against his greatest enemy, pens

or is this part of the 10 dimensional chess relatability PR game

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

He gave that person a redundancy notice

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

LOL Truss's energy secretary is a climate denier I guess?

I love the western death spiral

The PM is a former Shell employee and reportedly her biggest donor is BP. And yes the energy secretary has millions invested in oil and gas and has said that we should tap every last bit of gas from our coastal fields.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a lovely king posted:

username/post combo

But yes while relateable it's also not a good sign if he's already losing his poo poo.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

He’s lost his poo poo twice on camera in under a week whereas his mother lasted 70 years without doing so. You have to lol.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

The PM is a former Shell employee and reportedly her biggest donor is BP. And yes the energy secretary has millions invested in oil and gas and has said that we should tap every last bit of gas from our coastal fields.

There energy platform is essentially drill baby drill with fracking added to it.
https://twitter.com/JustStop_Oil/status/1569772069600071681?t=Zigjux6y8g0ciAfVU8ZR5A&s=19

Most active I've seen Starmer in well ever.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cheggers here acknowledging the thought that went into detonating his uncle

https://twitter.com/DebShoes72/status/1569742222609768450

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i do love people in the replies/quote tweets to the pen video going, oh he's just lost his mum have some sympathy

no

Angepain fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 13, 2022

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Imagine having LITERALLY the most charmed life you could possibly have and LITERALLY having everything handed to you on a silver platter for your entire life, plus untold private millions and tax breaks, and still being a grumpy old oval office.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very excited for full radjie king.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

WhatEvil posted:

Imagine having LITERALLY the most charmed life you could possibly have and LITERALLY having everything handed to you on a silver platter for your entire life, plus untold private millions and tax breaks, and still being a grumpy old oval office.
In fairness, I think it's hard not to be a little miserable with that family. Like, the whole thing is just institutionalized child abuse designed to make monsters out of men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

WhatEvil posted:

Fascinating really. Clearly an extremely angry and unhappy man. Imagine what he’s like with waiters if his Swan isn’t cooked right