Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Watermelon sucks whether it's cooked or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I agree. But in this form factor I love it:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

My entire nation will fight you.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

I agree. But in this form factor I love it:

Yep, watermelon candy is an exception. Do they still make Jolly Ranchers?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Do they still make Jolly Ranchers?

yes definitely

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they still make the old kind and they have diversified into several different candy types under the Jolly Rancher brand. i try to stay on top of these things you see.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yep, watermelon candy is an exception. Do they still make Jolly Ranchers?

You can even buy them in bags of all reds, so you no longer have to deal with the hell-spawned green apple flavor

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Hygiene posted:

You can even buy them in bags of all reds, so you no longer have to deal with the hell-spawned green apple flavor

I'm the kid following you around accepting the green apple ones

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

green apple's days are numbered...

Brawnfire posted:

I'm the kid following you around accepting the green apple ones

you can have my purples.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

green apple tastes exactly how squash bugs smell

i invite any green apple lovers to come to my garden, as i have some treats for you in the pumpkin patch

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Every variety candy with green apple as a flavor would be better if it was replaced with lime.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rydiafan posted:

Every variety candy with green apple as a flavor would be better if it was replaced with lime.

:hai:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

It was weird how there was a unified industry switch from lime to apple as the standard green flavor like twenty or so years ago

I bet whatever forty-letter chemical makes the apple flavor got real cheap around that time

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Manager Hoyden posted:

It was weird how there was a unified industry switch from lime to apple as the standard green flavor like twenty or so years ago

I bet whatever forty-letter chemical makes the apple flavor got real cheap around that time

I think lime was in general considered to be the worst of the flavors back then. Green Apple was skyrocketing in popularity so it seems like it was probably a no-brainer replacement for cheap candy producers.

Yes, I am that weirdo who likes lemon candy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

They need to compromise and make green apple-lime

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

rydiafan posted:

No. No!!!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jolly ranchers were designed for one specific task in mind: to fit inside a Zima bottle:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Jolly ranchers were designed for one specific task in mind: to fit inside a Zima bottle:

*teleports instantly to a 1990's dentist*

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Yes, I am that weirdo who likes lemon candy

Nothing wrong with that. Lemonheads are loving delicious.

The OG Starburst spread of Cherry, Strawberry, Lemon, and Orange is still the best flavor mix. All bangers, and no trash Green Apple, Banana, or Grape to get mad at.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

rydiafan posted:

I’m fine with green apple but I will never forgive those degenerate skittles sons of bitches for replacing lime with it.

Edit:

rydiafan posted:

The OG Starburst spread of Cherry, Strawberry, Lemon, and Orange is still the best flavor mix.

:hai:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Now & Laters: I want a sadistic Starburst to dominate my mouth

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

rydiafan posted:

Nothing wrong with that. Lemonheads are loving delicious.

The OG Starburst spread of Cherry, Strawberry, Lemon, and Orange is still the best flavor mix. All bangers, and no trash Green Apple, Banana, or Grape to get mad at.

Yeah, similarly LifeSavers. Same canonical five flavors. They were perfect.

Now it's all fuckin green apple, watermelon, and BLUE RASPBERRY as far as the eye can see

Manager Hoyden posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

Right around the time I realized I actually liked lime flavor, too :sigh:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Very delicious from what I remember and I miss it everyday

https://twitter.com/Crapgame13/status/1569762834699137024?s=20&t=A6s8VGl_2-HZMdd1N_JX9A

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Groovy chips, huh boys?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I've eaten entire bags of those pizza chips and I'm over em. You guys can have mine if they do bring em back. No thanks!

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Manager Hoyden posted:

they switched back the green Skittles from apple to lime just recently. had some Skittles somewhat recently and it threw me for a loop on why they tasted somewhat different

fake edit: just googled it and apparently they switched to green apple in just 2013. had no idea

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

honestly can't remember what those things tasted like, all i remember is my grandparents generally would have bag of em whenever i would go over there and i would tear that poo poo up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

honestly can't remember what those things tasted like, all i remember is my grandparents generally would have bag of em whenever i would go over there and i would tear that poo poo up.

they tasted like a red dorito but instead of cumin it was oregano

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I loved those things, I can remember exactly what they tasted like and I think about them every time I look at the Dorito's flavors I can pick up

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I remember getting those at a corner pizza place a few blocks from my house, they were rad.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I loved those pizza chips

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

what's y'all's opinions on Combos? Loved em as a kid, but had some recently and goddamn they're dire.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

what's y'all's opinions on Combos? Loved em as a kid, but had some recently and goddamn they're dire.

They were always dire but they were and continue to be like catnip for kids

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

I didn't like em even as a kid, I always find them disappointing.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

Eh. I've never been a particularly big fan of pretzels or pretzel rolls.

e: I was the weird kid who liked Arch Deluxe burgers back in the day, despite the "adult" branding.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
tell you what's good are those honey mustard pretzel fragments. here's one weird trick you do: put a towel over the bag and smash the fragments into even smaller fragments with a blunt object. then shake up the bag. this exposes more of the pretzel interiors, which are better at sticking to the flav-o-dust than the hard smooth pretzel exteriors. this way you get more Flavor in each individual fragment.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

I had them recently and was similarly underwhelmed. I do wonder if that is solely due to childhood me having bad taste, or if they have cut down on the amount of filling in the last 25 years or something.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

uber_stoat posted:

tell you what's good are those honey mustard pretzel fragments. here's one weird trick you do: put a towel over the bag and smash the fragments into even smaller fragments with a blunt object. then shake up the bag. this exposes more of the pretzel interiors, which are better at sticking to the flav-o-dust than the hard smooth pretzel exteriors. this way you get more Flavor in each individual fragment.
The buffalo wing flavor ones are also good, although I have not tried your smash 'em technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I liked Combos a bunch in college, and the best flavor was corn tortilla with salsa interior.

Also I feel like when I was a kid there was a point where green apple was being introduced and all the candy assortments were adding it. I think there were multiple "mystery flavor" promotions where the big reveal was green apple.