Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Animal crossing farm simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
soulslikes are too distinct to really be "Metroidvanias" but they have extremely similar level design philosophies imo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RuBisCO posted:

Does anyone have any idea how Theathrhythm will play on a console? That's important before I drop 130$ on something

Theatrhythm has had both touch screen and regular controls on the 3DS, and both options worked perfectly well. I imagine touch screen controls will be dropped/de-emphasized and gamepad controls will be the focus.

It should control fine.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i'm going to spend a stupid amount of money on theatrrhtygm

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s cool that we finally got confirmation of some ports and remasters that we’ve been waiting on for a while: Metroid Prime, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess Tales of Symphonia and Kirby Return to Dreamland

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kirby is better than wind waker

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RuBisCO posted:

Does anyone have any idea how Theathrhythm will play on a console? That's important before I drop 130$ on something

you mash all the buttons and wiggle the sticks

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
You're all fools if you think there's going to be dungeons in Zeldar: Tearing the Kind's Dome. It'll just be Shrines, but in the sky.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That sounds cool

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I hope the Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life remake remembers to include in the help texts that after your initial fodder runs out, you have to get it from growing hay in the pasture, so you'd better get on that, instead of going "how do you get more fodder? oh well, I'll just look it up on GameFAQs when I need it".

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

They're obviously going to surprise us with a new game's worth of multi-player maps.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

lol

Stux posted:

dark souls games are 3d metroidvanias im afraid hes correct

no double jump means it's not a metroidvania, sorry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sekiro has one

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

sekiro isn't really a souls game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

sekiro isn't really a souls game

its a metroidvania

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its a metroidvania

agreed

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Mega64 posted:

Metroid Prime Farm Simulator, where you play as a Metroid and farm X Parasites to eat and sell for Metroid House upgrades, and you can also date other Metroids and raise Metroid families.

Adam Nookovich. "Congratulations on paying off your gunship Samus. We have taken the liberty of installing a few upgrades for 1.2 million space credits."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Maybe I missed it, but was that really an actual Nintendo Direct, leading up to the holidays, with no actual Nintendo games? They announced Pikmin 4, but that's not this year. Zelda 2: tears of a clown is next year. And then there was some DLC. But no actual games?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe I missed it, but was that really an actual Nintendo Direct, leading up to the holidays, with no actual Nintendo games? They announced Pikmin 4, but that's not this year. Zelda 2: tears of a clown is next year. And then there was some DLC. But no actual games?

drat, Tears of a Clown, very clever. They got Pokemon next month, and Bayonetta 3 as well.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pungry posted:

drat, Tears of a Clown, very clever. They got Pokemon next month, and Bayonetta 3 as well.

Neither of those are Nintendo, though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

They just released Splatoon 3 and have the next Pokemon in November. They probably figure that'll suffice for next year combined with third party stuff.

Considering Splatoon 3 is setting records in Japan and Pokemon is Pokemon, that's probably not a bad strategy either.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

galenanorth posted:

I hope the Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life remake remembers to include in the help texts that after your initial fodder runs out, you have to get it from growing hay in the pasture, so you'd better get on that, instead of going "how do you get more fodder? oh well, I'll just look it up on GameFAQs when I need it".
personally i hope they keep the absolutely insane magic tree that lets you create loving frankenstein fruits with no guidance as to how the gently caress you're supposed to do that correctly

also i hope they keep the goat that takes up a slot forever despite being useful for one (1) year

it's not A Wonderful Life if the game isnt loving with you a little bit

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
drat, there will be no Nintendo games this holiday season. Christmas is cancelled.

Just going to ignore Pokemon, Bayonetta 3, Mario & Rabbids.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's no loving way there isn't an entire Amiibo series for Tears but I guess it'll probably spoiler some characters or something so they won't announce until after the major trailer release.

Super excited for another insane shortage and massively inflated resell prices for Zelda figures. God forbid they do another unique unlockable like Epona that figure will be $100 minimum on the 2nd hand market.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mega64 posted:

They just released Splatoon 3 and have the next Pokemon in November. They probably figure that'll suffice for next year combined with third party stuff.

Considering Splatoon 3 is setting records in Japan and Pokemon is Pokemon, that's probably not a bad strategy either.

Nintendo Switch: No Wind Waker HD cause Splatoon 3 is setting records

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

tears of a clown

but enough about your posts,

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo Switch: No Wind Waker HD cause Splatoon 3 is setting records

It's true, Nintendo was all ready to reprint Wind Waker because they were doomed, but Splatoon 3 has been so successful that Nintendo decided they don't need to release it after all.

This is also why we'll never get Metroid Prime 4.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

pentyne posted:

There's no loving way there isn't an entire Amiibo series for Tears but I guess it'll probably spoiler some characters or something so they won't announce until after the major trailer release.

Super excited for another insane shortage and massively inflated resell prices for Zelda figures. God forbid they do another unique unlockable like Epona that figure will be $100 minimum on the 2nd hand market.

If you care about unlockables just get a set of the rfid tags for $15.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RuBisCO posted:

will it also come with a new switch like 2017

I hope not

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will not be buying or playing splatoon 3 but i am happy for those that enjoy it

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

lol imagine being this pedantic

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
You know what I think??

Bayonetta 3 is going to be good.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

pentyne posted:

If it helps at all, I got Epona from the smash bros Link that I got after botw, at retail price, from a best buy. Don't know why you paid $100 ebay bucks for a virtual horse.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Miyamoto talked about simplifying Pikmin 4’s gameplay but I hope they don’t dumb it down too much. I thought Pikmin 3 controlled a little awkwardly especially considering how natural the GameCube controls felt for 1 and 2 so I understand the need to rethink and refine the controls.

Anyway I’m slightly concerned, because I feel like Luigi’s Mansion 3’s gameplay was also simplified from the original game which I felt was a step down and I don’t want that to happen to my vegetable ant video game.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

KingSlime posted:

Can't wait for matt mcmuscles to tell me what went wrong with Advance Wars in a few years

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

on what planet

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

can’t believe Putin killed advance wars

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

biceps crimes posted:

can’t believe Putin killed advance wars

Dawn is breaking on Front Mission, and it is still on schedule :unsmith:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

It is the most Nintendo move to have Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD finished, waiting in a vault, able to be released whenever they press the button - and we've been hearing these rumors for at least two years.

Especially comical since I assume they'd just need to uprez the Wii U port and change the interface to account for the lack of a GamePad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Miyamoto talked about simplifying Pikmin 4’s gameplay but I hope they don’t dumb it down too much. I thought Pikmin 3 controlled a little awkwardly especially considering how natural the GameCube controls felt for 1 and 2 so I understand the need to rethink and refine the controls.

Anyway I’m slightly concerned, because I feel like Luigi’s Mansion 3’s gameplay was also simplified from the original game which I felt was a step down and I don’t want that to happen to my vegetable ant video game.

Pikman3 has a lot more complexity, but it's designed to be workable in 2P with the Joycon, so the controls are super weirdly layered. I also really dislike the controls for switching control between each of the character guys, and and that "B" dismiss your army into groups so you can select a specific color easily was removed.