Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
hahahahahahaha

Lol their faces. How long can you keep that running going though Woli. Also wow that a hella short chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

This is dumb, I love it

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Is it even legal to run at your opponent full tilt sprint and just try and land a haymaker like that????? Cause I would imagine that kind of force would not only knock someone the gently caress out, but also do a really good job of shattering your own hand.

:stare:

Lol Wally gonna be so gassed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jiro posted:

Is it even legal to run at your opponent full tilt sprint and just try and land a haymaker like that????? Cause I would imagine that kind of force would not only knock someone the gently caress out, but also do a really good job of shattering your own hand.

Perfectly legal. Haymakers are just generally not used cause they are easy to see coming.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahaha I love it. Everyone is dead silent while Wally just keeps running.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

This was MMA but Wally's tactics are making me think of the Gabi Garcia vs Yumiko Hotta fight.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
WWW .

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Well, that's certainly one way to start this fight

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha what the gently caress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wooli is going to die screaming

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Didn't Ippo already fight a guy whose whole thing was rushing in with a haymaker like that? Scratch J, I guess. I should probably read through this series again at some point.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

wooli is going to die screaming

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
God willing Woli will keep running and end up in another manga

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me, hoping for a Ricardo Martinez blowout:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ricardo beats him but thinks "what a fascinating style..." and starts fighting the same way afterwards.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
another chapter for one single punch lol

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

tbp posted:

another chapter for one single punch lol

It was a good punch though

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jiro posted:

It is legal under Mexico's MACHISMO rules.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I really hate these chapters that are a bunch of dicking around and then exactly one punch gets thrown

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Flesnolk posted:

I really hate these chapters that are a bunch of dicking around and then exactly one punch gets thrown

Been loving this myself.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1395
Its everyones favorite, a chapter with a single punch thrown.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeaaah This pacing is weird. Also even in universe people hate Woli lol.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah I'd take a break too if I made that stinker

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

had too many good chapters in a row, it's back to Bad Woli

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
TBH that chapter just made me think of Roy Jones Jr doing the behind the back knockout.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lmao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

this is genuinely terrible stuff

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Woli is such an impressive singularity of torpedoing quality

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'm in for it, show me some clown fights, aoki hasn't been around for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joHlERKyPZA

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im reading for wally to win. This is the future of boxing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am still liking this.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Wally wins and Ippo returns to boxing because even he hates Wally after watching this. He can cross the line into becoming a 'monster' because he doesn't care if he kills Wally in the ring.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't mind it but it's a rough chapter to have before a break. But I can't fault George for taking breaks.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Namnesor posted:

Woli is such an impressive singularity of torpedoing quality

Just genuinely amazing how the manga was on such a great run and Woli is ruining it again.

Get rid of him and remove the manga of his awfulness for good with this match.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am still liking this.

this genuinely has to be a contrarian take for the sake of it at this pt (note: not an actual accusation i'm just bewildered at the sentiment)

we've had 3 punches in 3 chapters and then just dozens of panels of woli running

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is going to devolve into Wally farting on Martinez and throwing bananas at him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tbp posted:

this genuinely has to be a contrarian take for the sake of it at this pt (note: not an actual accusation i'm just bewildered at the sentiment)

we've had 3 punches in 3 chapters and then just dozens of panels of woli running

I like it well enough. It's all just build up, seems pretty normal to have a couple chapters of rising tension before the fight begins in earnest. It'll read better once completed, serial fiction can just be frustrating when you have to wait for the good stuff. I have to assume you're joking about measuring the quality of chapters in punches thrown.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Somberbrero posted:

I like it well enough. It's all just build up, seems pretty normal to have a couple chapters of rising tension before the fight begins in earnest. It'll read better once completed, serial fiction can just be frustrating when you have to wait for the good stuff. I have to assume you're joking about measuring the quality of chapters in punches thrown.

The problem is that there's no tension - Woli is not going to beat Ricardo. We're just seeing three chapters of filler of Woli's typical bullshit that everyone has already seen and hated in his match with Ippo.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I’m digging the fight so far, I’ve come to peace with weekly pacing being wonky sometimes though.

So far Wally has defied all expectations, and that’s a great pattern to get into for an upset win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tbp posted:

It’s not. but I also started the series after the first Wally fight and did not have the same distaste for him that lots of the people in this thread have. (I read the fight but it was all at once rather than weekly)