Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Narcissus1916 posted:

Especially comical since I assume they'd just need to uprez the Wii U port and change the interface to account for the lack of a GamePad.

The BotW downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Just watched the video. Haven't read the thread, some 800 posts behind.

Engage seems fan-servicey, but I'll keep an eye out.

Tunic seems neat. Like a nice little Zelda-like. Was this already released elsewhere?

OH poo poo, Octopath Traveller 2?! More and hopefully they fixed the small errors from the first one. Very excited for this one. It looks gorgeous. The music is still spot on.

What do all these farm games offer that Stardew doesn't? Seriously, like SV has it all. Why get any other?

Theathrhythm seems great... I have Curtain Call, but loving Octopath DLC almost sells it hard for me. I don't know if I'd enjoy playing it without touch screen though and there's no way in hell I'm touching my switch screen.

Honestly, Mario+Rabbids 2 seems exhausting. Just like too much little things to do.

Very excited for Mario Party 1-3, that's legit. Pokémon Stadium 1+2 is a nice deal too. It's nice we're getting some more sports games too. And loving Goldeneye. That's legit. Real drat legit. No Smash 64 but not can't complain.

Various Daylife sounds interesting but... yeah no. I don't want to work while I game that much. I'll work for Grizzco thank you very much.

I love the Pikmin Bloom ad before actual Pikmin sequel. I'm so happy Pikmin 4! It's such a good series. I can't wait.

Huh. Harvestella also has Quietus like Triangle Strategy? What's with that word?

Oh gently caress. I heard Sifu was super good. I really want to try it. Definitely want to get that.

Ok, I'm really into FF and ok with 7. Is Crisis Core worth it? I feel like I don't want to ruin what I like about the original.

Omg Tales of Symphonia Remaster?! I am absolutely not getting this, but it's the last JRPG I really properly 100% in high school. My god that took me AGES. That's cool.

Life is Strange is tempting, we never finished it.

Return to Dreamland?! I never did this one, and I've genuinely played like all of them. Depending on the price I could really consider this. I love Kirby.

And loving Zelda release!

drat, there was a lot of chaff but Pikmin 4, Zelda, and Octopath Traveller 2 did it for me. Plus a bevy of great N64 games. Nailed it!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Narcissus1916 posted:

It is the most Nintendo move to have Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD finished, waiting in a vault, able to be released whenever they press the button - and we've been hearing these rumors for at least two years.

Especially comical since I assume they'd just need to uprez the Wii U port and change the interface to account for the lack of a GamePad.
they literally don't need to uprez anything, the Wii U versions run at 1080p, and most switch stuff runs at 720p. Hell, they wouldn't need to change the interface either, you can control both of them with just a pro controller.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

It is the most Nintendo move to have Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD finished, waiting in a vault, able to be released whenever they press the button - and we've been hearing these rumors for at least two years.

Having two easy sellers would allow them to fill in gaps in a release schedule

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Tunic seems neat. Like a nice little Zelda-like. Was this already released elsewhere?

Yeah, it's been out a while on PC at least. It's interesting, like you're playing another dimension's version of Zelda and you can't read the language so you're just poking around and figuring things out as you go along. A big-deal collectible is pieces of the game manual so you're slowly piecing together mechanics and abilities you always had access to, just didn't know how to use. Combat is kind of clunky but the exploration and discovery is top notch.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Tunic is a SNES Zelda like, however the gimmick is that the entire game manual is scattered all over the map and it's all written in a different language, so you get information about what to do but you have to translate it or something weird. It's available on PC, I played it for a bit but I had BoTW right there and I couldn't be bothered with it. I found it a little irritating but a lot of people like it.

SkeletonHero posted:

Yeah, it's been out a while on PC at least. It's interesting, like you're playing another dimension's version of Zelda and you can't read the language so you're just poking around and figuring things out as you go along. A big-deal collectible is pieces of the game manual so you're slowly piecing together mechanics and abilities you always had access to, just didn't know how to use. Combat is kind of clunky but the exploration and discovery is top notch.

This is accurate. I was super turned off by the combat.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Miyamoto talked about simplifying Pikmin 4’s gameplay but I hope they don’t dumb it down too much. I thought Pikmin 3 controlled a little awkwardly especially considering how natural the GameCube controls felt for 1 and 2 so I understand the need to rethink and refine the controls.

Anyway I’m slightly concerned, because I feel like Luigi’s Mansion 3’s gameplay was also simplified from the original game which I felt was a step down and I don’t want that to happen to my vegetable ant video game.

They also mentioned that there is a new camera (judging from the one screenshot they shown, it is more on the ground and behind the back), so I think they will make some concessions for that as well. I will wait and see, personally. Still excited as heck.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

they literally don't need to uprez anything, the Wii U versions run at 1080p, and most switch stuff runs at 720p. Hell, they wouldn't need to change the interface either, you can control both of them with just a pro controller.

Okay, that's even loving funnier. I thought the WiiU Zelda's were like mario 3d world and only came in at 720p.

My Gamepad crapped out a year ago (the screen itself works, but the sticks are dead) and I didn't even realize they had an option for a controller.

Welp, there goes my weekend!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is attempting to recreate the obtuseness of playing NES Zelda so how you like it depends on if that sounds fun or tedious

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Dawn is breaking on Front Mission, and it is still on schedule :unsmith:

I've never played these games before but after seeing how awesome it looks on the SNES, I kinda want to play it on that.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What do all these farm games offer that Stardew doesn't? Seriously, like SV has it all. Why get any other?

That's my thought process as well. It's a hard game to top.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

RuBisCO posted:

gimme those monopoly pieces, square

LMAO at the CD being extended battle themes. They loving know what was god-tier in that soundtrack.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah i'm starting to think this game was just outright canceled.

I really think it'll be a quick Holiday release, like in December, with limited advertisement. Just enough so people know it's around, and they'll hope it'll just be a thing people get without much thought.

SkeletonHero posted:

Combat is kind of clunky but the exploration and discovery is top notch.

You had me at this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Even if you get to eat your favorite meal every day you still want variety. Especially if there are new gimmicks or mechanics to learn

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

It is attempting to recreate the obtuseness of playing NES Zelda so how you like it depends on if that sounds fun or tedious

That kind of makes sense, I never thought of it in that way. I downloaded it to play on a long train ride, and it really just didn't do anything for me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love the obtuseness of Zelda 1, 2, and Metroid.

Combat in Zelda 1 is a bitch cause the sword is so short, Zelda 2 is just mega hard but neat, and Metroid is legit amazing. A touch clunky but nigh perfect.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I refuse to watch the Direct.
Does the Switch have any lifesim/farming RPGs?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

About a baker's dozen I'd say.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hey everyone, this guy believed the “leaks!”

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

biceps crimes posted:

can’t believe Putin killed advance wars

I'm gonna kick his rear end

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
Catching up on this thread many hours after the Direct was finished, I appreciated the recap posts with the list of games mentioned so far.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Inzombiac posted:

no it's the year of the SRPG and not the year of the farming sim

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

100YrsofAttitude posted:

About a baker's dozen I'd say.

Hmm, I won't do any research but I think you're wrong.

The last time there were any life/farming sims was Harvest Moon for the Nintendo Gaming Boy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Detective No. 27 posted:

sources said they were ready though and who am i to argue with 4chan

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I play these games more for the villagers than the farming itself and Stardew is really lacking in that department. If the game wants me to make friends, they really should give them more lines.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm gonna kick his rear end

Let me know when, we’ll save money on the hotel room

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How long was the announcement/release for Links Awakening and Skyward Sword remakes?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

You mean to tell me these gaming news channels just, what, “fill time” with shaky, unsubstantiated rumors?

It’s this kind of divisive attitude that stains the good name of video games journalism.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Astro7x posted:

How long was the announcement/release for Links Awakening and Skyward Sword remakes?

four months for LA and five months for SkySwo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

all of the rumorsa re a guy just saying stuff thats plausible and has a 50/50 chance of being real and not actual info.

ImpAtom posted:

Having two easy sellers would allow them to fill in gaps in a release schedule

there are no gaps. the consoel is too goated.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

hatty posted:

four months for LA and five months for SkySwo

Well drat, probably not likely they'll drop those for Holiday 2022 then.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Farm sim stuff isn’t my usual jam but I am interested in Harvestella because whoever made that soundtrack seems like they are going far too hard and it is amazing

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo is going to announce a separate Zelda only direct any day now! They’ll debut 15-20 minutes of TotK footage/gameplay and then announce Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD this holiday to tide us over till May!

Any time now Nintendo!

:shepface:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
One of those will 100% happen and the other is 100% hopium

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

On one hand, Nintendo is dumb for not already porting their Zelda games to Switch. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't announce it because I'm looking forward to emulating it for free when my Steam Deck comes in sometime next month.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, if Nintendo actually does plan to port WW/TP (or already has and is just holding them for now) this basically guarantees that gets pushed to 2024 at the earliest

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Most likely. The time to release them is right now to keep people occupied until May. They definitely aren't going to release them next year when they will want people buying TotK.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Wind Waker Master Quest Preorder Bonus.

You heard it here first.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I don't expect to actually see the release of either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess anytime soon but also it's not like Nintendo doesn't have a history of "there's a direct tomorrow, announcing a release in 2 months" so eh who knows.

ALSO I have been playing Chicory and what a sweet and endearing game. Just a joy to play. Everyone should check it out.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/dreaminerryday/status/1569737112261480448

I think the redesign's too weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

S w o l e Dedede