Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You mean DemonChildElise, whose online persona is an anime baby in a diaper?

Their youtube bio is even in babyspeak. You can't make this poo poo up, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Dongicus posted:

Amongus...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣠⣴⣶⣿⠿⢿⣶⣶⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⢀⣈⠙⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⠁⠀⢀⣴⣿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣷⣄
⠀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⡇⠀⣾⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣧
⣾⡿⠉⠉⣿⠀⡇⠀⠸⣿⡌⠓⠶⠤⣤⡤⠶⢚⣻⡟
⣿⣧⠖⠒⣿⡄⡇⠀⠀⠙⢿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⢿⣿⠀
⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⡇⢰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀ ⠀⣿⠀
⣿⡇⠀⠀⣿⡇⠈⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⣿⣿⠀
⣿⣷⠀⠀⣿⡇⠀⠘⠦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡤⠊⠀⣿⠀
⢿⣿⣤⣀⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣉⡉⠁⣀⡀⠀⣾⡟⠀
⠀⠉⠛⠛⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⡟⣿⡟⠋⠀⢰⣿⠃⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⠃⣿⣇⠀⢀⣸⡯⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⢿⣶⣶⣶⠿⠃⠀⠈⠛⠛⠛⠛'

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Shout-out to the guy who threatened to kill himself and everyone in the room because his Crash Bandicoot run was not going very well

lol forgot about this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its important to establish boundaries in even the most inclusive communities and to get rid of people who are taking advantage of the community

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I don't know if its a close overlap for speedrunning but for anyone not in the know almost the entire top 20 Smash Bros rankings got wiped out as many of them got outed as predators and I think the big gamer tournment Evo was outright cancelled a year or two ago for too many top level people also getting outed for similar. The whole 'queer spaces' thing is hilarious bullshit because in all of these cases its just people who revel in having power and control over someone 'weaker' or disadvantaged against them in some way their sexual preferences aren't remotely a factor.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any time something online gets described as queer there's 100% some creep poo poo about to get revealed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

some plague rats posted:

Any time something online gets described as queer there's 100% some creep poo poo about to get revealed

This or someone is about to charge you money for something

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Boba Pearl posted:

It's really annoying when a person in your specific minority is in the news, and suddenly all of your ally friends want to hear your opinion on it so that they can say the right things.

As a European monarch, it's been a rough week.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

People up thread said it better, but yea Its frustrating sometimes to see just the very presence of queer people being used as a shield to defend some of the worst or sus personalities/ communities out there.

Maybe its too obvious to point out... but theres something inherent to speedrunning where it predominantly attracts the type of person who lets face it, lack, ignore, or like to clip out of set boundaries (:razz:) What u thinks gonna happen when u hand a socially inept nerd celebrity status among other types of vulnerable people. Its y it keeps happening

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Now I'm trying to remember which run it was from a couple of GDQs ago that was so bad that they took down the VOD. It was some mediocre action or RTS game being commentated by like four guys who were obviously all Discord besties, and one of them (possibly the runner?) sounded like he was broadcasting from a tin can, and in the middle of the run someone told a long convoluted story about his pet vomiting on-camera during a stream?

What I'm trying to say here is, GDQ programmers, please schedule more feral guys who have four subscribers and no concept of screen presence, not people who are pretending to be toddlers on the Internet

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This remined me of one of KM's greatest hits, when she was really trying to institute the "anyone who criticizes or mocks us is a Grand Wizard racist" for TGRS

Koalas March posted:

Hey if you are going to post in this thread, I need to you to explicitly tell me that you're going to respect the feelings of the black posters here.

Neurolimal posted:

*stoically gazes back at the king and his army as sad bagpipes begin to play* nein, tyrante

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
also lol that this bastion status is always decided by uhhhh, the allies posting. bro im a queer person. my bastion is not a loving speedrunning charity event and if it were id dome myself. stop trying to do that to me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

also lol that this bastion status is always decided by uhhhh, the allies posting. bro im a queer person. my bastion is not a loving speedrunning charity event and if it were id dome myself. stop trying to do that to me.

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol, in general, at the finesparks gangtag

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

it's why i don't call myself an ally irl, lest people assume I'm one of these types lmfao. for some reason it's Cool and Good online but in real life it's (correctly) labeling yourself as a self serving dipshit

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
(showing up unannounced at my trans friend's door dripping with rainwater) coach, my impostor syndrome is doing a number on me tonight and I just need to feel like a good ally

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Being an ally is treating LGBTQ people like people, not letting people hide behind a label to be a creep.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's also bad to conflate all criticism as being from a point of bigotry. Yeah we all know that there's pepe honklers on 4chan and twitter who hate AGDQ because it has openly gay or trans runners but through the magical power of context, you can actually look at what people are making fun of or criticizing and separate the reactionary weirdos from normal people in these discussions.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
its the jokes that undermine the charity and not the pedophile conga line

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh whats that you're making fun of my NAMBLA member ship? thats weird. can you please tell me what you find so ojbectionable about being a member of one of the oldest queer enclaves in the united states ?:allears:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fun hater posted:

its the jokes that undermine the charity and not the pedophile conga line

it's a very cringe event and group of people even if we somehow set aside all the sus people

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
fwiw i didnt interpret this specific instance of describing AGDQ as a "queer space" (which lmfao fwiw) as accusing folks of bigotry for finding it Sus, but rather just describing it as a comfortable space for queer people (for some reason?? even tho dudes sniff women's seat cushions between sets?????)

i guess this doesn't actually make that poster sound better now that i've written this out. hm

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol to be fair I think that dude was awkwardly reaching for his water bottle on the floor at the worst angle possible. I haven't seen the clip in a while tho

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Heath posted:

(showing up unannounced at my trans friend's door dripping with rainwater) coach, my impostor syndrome is doing a number on me tonight and I just need to feel like a good ally

ssssssssssssssss

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Larry Parrish posted:

it's a very cringe event and group of people even if we somehow set aside all the sus people

There's something charming about the total charisma vacuums to a lot of folks

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
gdq stream is godawful, stream room is godawful, but gdqs are sick if you have a group of friends going. spending a week playing a billion different games with your homies ftw.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heehee posted:

gdq stream is godawful, stream room is godawful, but gdqs are sick if you have a group of friends going. spending a week playing a billion different games with your homies ftw.

there's nothing wrong with the basic concept yeah

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I mean gdq being a queer event isn’t really a secret or anything, but it’s not A Queer Event, it’s just a gamer space that is very openly welcoming of LGBTQ people.

Which is cool, but don’t use the phrase “queer enclave” to describe it lol. It’s a video games event and there happen to be a lot of fuckin creeps there but also LGBTQ people.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

heehee posted:

Take it from him, this guy is a world class Glover runner.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I like the jak and daxter run where the guy and his friend just messed around and did owen wilson impressions the entire time and then he got banned because it was actually fun and entertaining

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can't wait for the line up next time with another 72 hours set aside for RPG 'runs'

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
frankly they should axe all rpg runs that arent crazy in some way and if theres no good runs for that year just do a single ff4 64-door allowed run cuz 64 door is the funniest thing and id watch it once a year.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I mean gdq being a queer event isn’t really a secret or anything, but it’s not A Queer Event, it’s just a gamer space that is very openly welcoming of LGBTQ people.

Which is cool, but don’t use the phrase “queer enclave” to describe it lol. It’s a video games event and there happen to be a lot of fuckin creeps there but also LGBTQ people.

Usually you just use the "queer enclave" exploit to beat Fallout faster so it's technically a speedrun event

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You mean DemonChildElise, whose online persona is an anime baby in a diaper?

If your identity revolves around being a child its time to march right the gently caress back to the drawing board jail.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they should allow one jrpg run and its nocturne hard mode to close the entire event

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Larry Parrish posted:

it's why i don't call myself an ally irl, lest people assume I'm one of these types lmfao. for some reason it's Cool and Good online but in real life it's (correctly) labeling yourself as a self serving dipshit

I genuinely do kinda side-eye people who describe themselves as an 'ally' unprompted. Obviously if we're talking about queer poo poo and you say 'oh yea I'm cool with all that poo poo who cares' that's whatever but just randomly declaring yourself 'on my side' in the sense that I guess you'd rather me not be beaten in the street for holding hands with my husband is about as much a red flag as being super into 'traditional gender roles' is, both are great cover that requires little effort to actually back up for some real shitbag people.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

pentyne posted:

Usually you just use the "queer enclave" exploit to beat Fallout faster so it's technically a speedrun event

Why is my Confirmed Bachelor run somehow gay? Rope kid please fix this

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Now I'm trying to remember which run it was from a couple of GDQs ago that was so bad that they took down the VOD. It was some mediocre action or RTS game being commentated by like four guys who were obviously all Discord besties, and one of them (possibly the runner?) sounded like he was broadcasting from a tin can, and in the middle of the run someone told a long convoluted story about his pet vomiting on-camera during a stream?

https://youtu.be/GYuwjBbPs4s

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nuns with Guns posted:

Now I'm picturing Blue Story carefully boxing up snakes and handing them to her husband saying she's surprised him with even more of those interchangeable star wars toys he won't stop buying.

Makes sense, I guess. I know a lot of people said she was making everything up, but I think most of it was real or mostly-real but played up by her for the negative attention. I never made it through the whole thread, but that was the vibe I got with how she stonewalled most of the feedback she got or phrased things in the most grating way possible.

Yeah, she did the wrongest possible things in basically every situation, then admitted to doing those things, explained why she was doing those things in great detail, and refused to reevaluate her or her juvenile husband's behavior EVERY time. The fact that she held onto the CC debt without ever explaining why is what finally convinced me that she was probably a troll, but the thread was just too entertaining to stop reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

lol