Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Very excited.

The size of some of the floating islands is insane. And all the Nazca Line-like runes all over is interesting. It does look like 7 dungeons and I’m going to go out on a limb and say there’s an order to them. But, like a Metroid game, there will be intentional and unintentional sequence breaks.

I’ll be curious how much, if any, the divine beasts will factor in.

Game still looks pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

FooF posted:

Very excited.

The size of some of the floating islands is insane. And all the Nazca Line-like runes all over is interesting. It does look like 7 dungeons and I’m going to go out on a limb and say there’s an order to them. But, like a Metroid game, there will be intentional and unintentional sequence breaks.

I’ll be curious how much, if any, the divine beasts will factor in.

Game still looks pretty.

I hope they don’t go in order. Though I’m willing to accept a split, like first four in any order then the last three in any order.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After getting into metroidvanias in the last few years, I'd be cool with a Zelda metroidvania.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Cojawfee posted:

After getting into metroidvanias in the last few years, I'd be cool with a Zelda metroidvania.

I would love a side scrolling remaster of Zelda 2 Adventure of Link. Or maybe a pseudo sequel with an all new plot in the same style.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Namnesor posted:

It's the same Groose. There will never be any explanation as to how or why. Groose simply is.
groose, much like beedle and tingle, is simply an omnipresent part of the timeline.

Raposa posted:

I spy 7 floaty rock macguffins, gimme da temples Aonuma
if TotK (thats gonna be a lot harder to remember to type instead of BotW2) doesnt have a return to actual factual dungeons again, I will be sad. also while we're wishing for things, I would like the hookshot back.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Please change the thread title to Titled Groose Game

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Adding some proper, uniquely visual designed and themed dungeons would cover the thing I most missed in BotW.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaziken386 posted:

groose, much like beedle and tingle, is simply an omnipresent part of the timeline.

if TotK (thats gonna be a lot harder to remember to type instead of BotW2) doesnt have a return to actual factual dungeons again, I will be sad. also while we're wishing for things, I would like the hookshot back.

Legend of Zelda: TikTotK

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

superjew posted:

Please change the thread title to Titled Groose Game

And finally get rid of the WiiU thread icon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cartoon Man posted:

Never

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I realized recently that BotW2 is literally the only reason I'm keeping my Switch around and not selling it. Everything else that I care about I can play on my Wii U, Xbox or aging PC.

The promise of a BotW sequel is enough of a reason to keep it for now.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

It’s called Tears of the Kingdom because Zelda dies in this one

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1569717048716017665?s=20&t=WZzcMyrYJsDGG1ZNIKWnAg

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zat posted:

I realized recently that BotW2 is literally the only reason I'm keeping my Switch around and not selling it. Everything else that I care about I can play on my Wii U, Xbox or aging PC.

you should try out some of the many other cool games on the Nintendo switch

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It’s called Tears of the Kingdom because Zelda dies in this one

Honestly that's been my theory behind why they held back the title for so long and a potential double meaning kinda still puts it in play.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tingle's back in TotK, calling it now

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Link: "I thought...we were friends?"

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Zat posted:

Same, haven’t touched my switch in 2 years

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i am touching my switch right now, would recommend

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Cartoon Man posted:

well I usually make an all-new thread when another mainline game comes out, but that's probably not gonna be until we get a longer trailer.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's no better time than the present to get back into the habit of touching your Nintendo Switch.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Splatoon 3 just came out and owns. 2022 has been a heavy year of Switch touching for me

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bongo Bill posted:

There's no better time than the present to get back into the habit of touching your Nintendo Switch.

Imagine not still being deep in the Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak grind, smdh

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
I only finally became a Switch owner a few weeks ago because I got a free oled model from a work thing. Played through BOTW twice on WiiU and I'm gonna run through it again on Switch before the new one comes out. Right now I'm playing lttp for the first time on the virtual console emulator thingy.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Hyped for TotK, but is it true Windwaker was announced?! CELLDA!:argh:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Moose-Alini posted:

Hyped for TotK, but is it true Windwaker was announced?! CELLDA!:argh:

it is not true

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Windwaker will be announced when Switch sales start lagging.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Final Blog Entry posted:

Right now I'm playing lttp for the first time on the virtual console emulator thingy.

That's awesome, have fun! I've played that one so much, I wish I could see it again new.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's awesome, have fun! I've played that one so much, I wish I could see it again new.

If only you could fast forward past the first 20 or so minutes of that game.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LordoftheScheisse posted:

realpost this is half the reason to play randomizer

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LordoftheScheisse posted:

With VC's multiple savestates, there's no reason to play the original now! :buddy:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Love the wrecked sword. Also Link looks older and grizzled as gently caress.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
He's probably just got really rough weathered skin from all the constant skydiving and volcano/snow climbing.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Super excited for TotK, but at the same time super skeptical about the May release date. It's 8-9 months away and despite using a lot of assets from BotW we've seen less than 1 minute of total gameplay footage across all trailers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

lezard_valeth posted:

Super excited for TotK, but at the same time super skeptical about the May release date. It's 8-9 months away and despite using a lot of assets from BotW we've seen less than 1 minute of total gameplay footage across all trailers.

It's also gonna be released 6 years after BotW and 4 years after they revealed they were working on it.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I really think they’re just keeping the details secret as long as they can. They don’t need to tease out much, this game is going to challenge the record for most purchased sequel on release.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s pretty far away which gives them plenty of time to delay it. I hope it makes that date though

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I feel we've reached the platonic ideal for info about a game before its release. We know it's a sequel to BOTW, we know its name, we have a minute of gameplay, the release date and that's it. That's enough for me to get it. I don't want more trailers or more info, I just want to sit down and be surprised (which is more or less how I played botw)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
So hyped for this, May next year is going to be a good month lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

lunar detritus posted:

I feel we've reached the platonic ideal for info about a game before its release. We know it's a sequel to BOTW, we know its name, we have a minute of gameplay, the release date and that's it. That's enough for me to get it. I don't want more trailers or more info, I just want to sit down and be surprised (which is more or less how I played botw)

hoping to get some of that botw exploration vibe back.