Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The corn requirements in this game are insane. I'm still running Corn Quandry, unlocked a second quest to bring Jill corn, and now there's another character demanding corn for hooch? I'm not in corn jail, I'm in corn hell.

Maybe I'll spend my first billion on the next crop row, goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

The corn requirements in this game are insane. I'm still running Corn Quandry, unlocked a second quest to bring Jill corn, and now there's another character demanding corn for hooch? I'm not in corn jail, I'm in corn hell.

Maybe I'll spend my first billion on the next crop row, goddamn.

Do the storehouse billion first.

Yeah I have 2 or 3 "so I need 400 corn" quests going right now. It's all corn. I do a field of cotton, grape juice it, then corn all day. It's wierd how uninspired they are on the corn joke.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m doing the Far Away quests right now and guess what? Yep, another 2000 corn. Although it needs 2000 of quite a few other things as well.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm into the tower portion of the game and working on question with 1000+ items required and I'm pretty sure I've turned in over 3000 broccoli at this point and I'm currently working on 1000 more. At some point I entered broccoli jail which somehow feels worse.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah 2000 of a lot of things….

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

4,000 rice…

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I’m growing corn all day, pumpkin overnight and rice in the morning with grape juice.

Also the shitter with that other one is you use all your small bolts making steel plate to begin with. Craftworks helps.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
One day we’ll find out that the the game creator is using us to mine crypto for him through all this grinding.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’m just about to hit 100b silver and I’m on Floor 71 of the tower. Torn between jumping right on the crop row for the Merit Badge and 300 AK, the storehouse (even though I feel fine on inventory), or hanging onto it and continuing to grind out masteries.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

How the gently caress am I supposed to get fifty skull coins

I'm in corn jail too but at least I'm finishing quests there. I have 2 skull coins in all of my exploring and Arnold Palmers.

Are you really just supposed to level up the snake and wait?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Hobojim posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to get fifty skull coins

I'm in corn jail too but at least I'm finishing quests there. I have 2 skull coins in all of my exploring and Arnold Palmers.

Are you really just supposed to level up the snake and wait?

Mystical Chest 02 from fishing Pirates Cove also has skull coins - if you have that unlocked.

But I also have some bad news about a future quest; skull coins are a slow slow grind.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Unponderable posted:

Requiring a super rare in an exploring zone where the only option is manual clicking is literal torture.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Yeah, it took me like 2m stamina of clicking plus I probably threw 50g at expeditions.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I definitely autoclicked my way through that quest, I refuse to let this game be what gives me an RSI.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

hello from 96 exploring. gently caress the grind to 99.
Also i'm only at ATI 3 and i can already tell that's gonna suck too lol

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'll almost certainly hit 99 exploring before I do crafting.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'll almost certainly hit 99 exploring before I do crafting.

Crafting and fishing were the easiest for me. I 99'd crafting a while ago just from grinding silver. It's being timelocked that's killing me with exploring and farming (Though i'm already halfway from 98 to 99 farming)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Craftworks has greatly sped up my fishing and crafting leveling. The fact that I can chain stuff through all night, even if I wake up full of something it means I can sell, reload, sell again as it all flows through.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

DRINK ME posted:

Mystical Chest 02 from fishing Pirates Cove also has skull coins - if you have that unlocked.

But I also have some bad news about a future quest; skull coins are a slow slow grind.

I'm trying to unlock pirate cove, that's what needs the fifty coins lol

drat. Guess I'll take a break on that quest line. Am I right in thinking I should put off getting the snake to level 6 until after the 1b crop row? I've already got storehouse and level 6 bird.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Hobojim posted:

I'm trying to unlock pirate cove, that's what needs the fifty coins lol

drat. Guess I'll take a break on that quest line. Am I right in thinking I should put off getting the snake to level 6 until after the 1b crop row? I've already got storehouse and level 6 bird.

I’d get the python to lvl 6 before the crop row honestly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

koshmar posted:

I’d get the python to lvl 6 before the crop row honestly.

Yeah, more time to build up to those 700 coins. I'm waiting on a couple gold crops for a quest. My fishing income has dropped like a rock though, stupid seaweed.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Python it is then, thanks!

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

drat, this quest wants 2000 salt? Good thing I have 1700 already, I'll just grind through those last 300 with the rest of my AP. Done!

Literally the very next quest: Now do it again :negative:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If you want some extra silver at the same time as farming up salt, dump a shitload of large nets into pirate cove and start cracking open large chest 03s

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
There we go, the dumb bird is now level 6. Bring on the whatever it brings.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Recently bought the stamina refiller perk.

Before i bought it i would get ~3600 stamina from the farmhouse every moning, now i get ~2300.

Shouldn’t i be getting MORE stamina every morning with the perk?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

Recently bought the stamina refiller perk.

Before i bought it i would get ~3600 stamina from the farmhouse every moning, now i get ~2300.

Shouldn’t i be getting MORE stamina every morning with the perk?

My understanding is that Energy Drink (the perk I believe you are referring to) has no impact on the amount of Stamina Farmhouse provides. However, the amount of stamina is dependent on how many hours have passed since you last visited the Farmhouse, so if you don’t visit it at a consistent time each day, your values will change. Similarly, if you are dipping down below your Stamina cap throughout the day, that will also have an impact. Not sure if that’s what happened here, but the perk should have had no impact either way.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
When the farmhouse changes was added there was talk of a perk that doubled the amount of stamina you would get from the farmhouse, is that not the Energy Drink perk?

I never drop below stamina cap and check farmhouse roughly at the same time every day.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Has anybody seen gold leaves/gold feathers in the exchange center lately? Feel like it's been a couple weeks without any of those, and now I need 1000 of each

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

oldskool posted:

Has anybody seen gold leaves/gold feathers in the exchange center lately? Feel like it's been a couple weeks without any of those, and now I need 1000 of each

I haven’t seen them for a while, however I’m pretty sure it was always trade x gold feathers for y gold leaves or the reverse so it was only good if you had an excess of one over the other. I don’t recall a trade that just gave you gold feathers or gold leaves without requiring the other.

I ended up getting lucky with some phr on that quest if you’re referring to Giamics’

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

When the farmhouse changes was added there was talk of a perk that doubled the amount of stamina you would get from the farmhouse, is that not the Energy Drink perk?

I never drop below stamina cap and check farmhouse roughly at the same time every day.

Energy Drink doubles the amount of natural Stamina recovery you get when you are below the max Stamina cap (+4 every minute rather than every two minutes). It doesn’t interact in any way with the Farmhouse change, which is solely based on your max stamina and the number of hours you were above max stamina since the last time you checked the Farmhouse.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

Energy Drink doubles the amount of natural Stamina recovery you get when you are below the max Stamina cap (+4 every minute rather than every two minutes). It doesn’t interact in any way with the Farmhouse change, which is solely based on your max stamina and the number of hours you were above max stamina since the last time you checked the Farmhouse.

Mind, blown. So I shouldn't be burning down my stamina as it comes in?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
There’s a calculator on buddy but essentially no. It’s technically only more stamina after you have like 350 base, but that relies on you regularly emptying it properly.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:lol: I thought it was random.

I have 303 max and the calc says to stay under. The farmhouse description makes no mention that there is a formula to this or that it's more complicated than that. Library shows it but nothing leads me to think I should read about it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I think this is still the correct math.

Klungar posted:

No, not quite. Normal stamina regen gives 360 Stamina every three hours, the new system gives you whatever your max Stamina is every three hours. If your max Stamina is less than 360, you are missing out, if it is greater than 360, you gain more Stamina by staying above max. Having Max Stamina above 360 means you either spent a fair chunk of Gold on Max Stamina, or you have been playing the game for something like 5+ months, so it’s a significant trade off. Also, it doesn’t take into account the Energy Drink perk, which doubles the natural Stamina regen rate, so sub 720 in for 360 in all of the above if you have that.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

it’s also such a negligible amount once you hit that 360 stamina cap that it doesn’t really matter, you’re probably making hundreds of OJ a day at that point

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I finally got my first billion silve-and it's gone.

Honestly I should have been spending that bil on increasing production but it was worth it to see big number go up.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Congrats on your first billion! IMO the best thing to spend it on is level 6 pets, or increasing your orchard size if you haven't done so already.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ce gars posted:

Congrats on your first billion! IMO the best thing to spend it on is level 6 pets, or increasing your orchard size if you haven't done so already.

surely it's storehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I ended up putting it in the storehouse, and now I need to look at generating more money faster. I don't think I should be spending five days for a single upgrade when I could be doubling my wood/boards per hour or something.