Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1567427414619209728?t=sQi-Qj95-3QgBEhQ3-TByQ&s=19

This will possibly be the biggest gate in Japan in 2023. I wonder who he wrestles

He’ll get revenge for all the people Nakajima concussed by figure fouring his concussing-leg off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Front row tickets are ¥500,000 goddam.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Front row tickets are ¥500,000 goddam.

When you're only going to sell the front row and a little more you better raise those prices.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lol there's no way they don't do a huge gate for this show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fez_machine posted:

When you're only going to sell the front row and a little more you better raise those prices.

Haha, that's a funny joke because there's no way you could actually believe this

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

For real though, Mutoh running the Dome for his retirement is making me think again about how much money Choshu left on the table by doing his retirement show in Korakuen Hall.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Lmao the crowd booing the pose off draw

Edit

Sorry that was supposed to be in the nooj thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Exquisite photo of Hokuto Omori looking like the most obnoxious yoof in the land & Grandpa Murder desperately trying to resist hitting him until he's on the clock

https://twitter.com/HokutoAJPW/status/1567472292380418049?t=omz8-iBSOqjFSBvxg1SaPQ&s=19

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

For real though, Mutoh running the Dome for his retirement is making me think again about how much money Choshu left on the table by doing his retirement show in Korakuen Hall.

How much of this is having to independently fund vs a promotion doing it? I don't know the costs or when you have to pay but I assume they have to pay something up-front to get a hold on the venue and perhaps Choshu couldn't (or wasn't willing) to do that himself or with sponsors while the big megacorp obviously can.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is only very slightly, slightly related but goddamn did I love that DDT empty Tokyo Dome show they did last year where all the teams from different promotions were wrestling for a cash prize, and the GM gets the bill from the Tokyo Dome people right at the very end of the show, freaks out because it is more than he thought, has a perfect beat as he considers the prize money he is holding in his hands, then hands over the prize and runs away while the winning team is still brawling with the runners up :allears:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

How much of this is having to independently fund vs a promotion doing it? I don't know the costs or when you have to pay but I assume they have to pay something up-front to get a hold on the venue and perhaps Choshu couldn't (or wasn't willing) to do that himself or with sponsors while the big megacorp obviously can.

It was produced by LIDET who the last few years of pro wrestling have proven to have no problem throwing money around

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It wasn't Choshus first retirement either, the dude got a Tokyo Dome send off in the 1990s.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1567680899046871040?s=20&t=fLxuSGnljXo0i7iak_T8UQ

2AW's veteran Ricky Fuji has appeared suffered a stroke. He was with FMW from his debut in 1990 until it closed in 2002, but is probably best known for his appearances in the 1994 Super J Cup (beat Negro Casas in the 1st round, lost to Liger in the next) & 2000 Super J Cup (won in the 1st round over Sasuke The Great & then lost in the next to Liger again). He spent the first decade of the 2000s working all over the Japanese indies, from FMW offshoot WMF to Toryumon Japan to DDT & a load of other places. For the last decade his base has been K-Dojo/2AW, plus a similar variety of indies all over the joint from Hokkaido to Okinawa.

Even if he does recover, you'd imagine that at 56 that his career will be done now, shame he couldn't go out on his own terms if so.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Writing this took for loving ever, because I kept getting distracted by Twitter shitposts about the Queen, which has been fun but destroyed my already meagre productivity. Oh well! All Japan are back baby! We have 3 shows, 2 of them live, building up to the following Sunday's anniversary show which will be cannot miss. There's a 2AW show that will actually make tape! As almost always with their Korakuen shows the top of the card looks fun. The big show of the week will be, undeniably, TAKATaichiDespe Mania, which is only available as a Pay Per View. On that show (& All Japan) apparently Ren Ayabe is out with what google tells me is a collapsed lung, so that's a worry & I hope the lanky young lad isn't out for too long. But yeah, we get more Despy vs Crazy Monkey shenanigans so that'll be a MOTYC, plus the Taichi 20th Anniversary match with Taichi tagging with Yoshitatsu against Goto & Taguchi. Other than that, there's a couple NOAH shows from a Korakuen (Friday's has a fun looking main event with Sugiura vs Thatcher), Gatoh Move do their 10th anniversary, & honestly probably the best show this week isn't from this week: Jun Kasai Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival 2022 Vol.2 airs on Samurai TV on Tuesday so hopefully by Thursday at the latest it will be online with the 2 big title matches (Soul Meat vs Sakuda & Jack and Masaoka vs Parker)

10/9/2022, Saturday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EDT/8pm PDT

Ice Ribbon Yokohama Ribbon
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Asashi & Yuko Sakurai vs Hikari Shimizu & Kaho Katsushita
Maya Yukihi vs Misa Kagura
Rebel X Enemy (Maika Ozaki & Ram Kaichow) vs Saran & Sumika Yanagawa
Dalys & Totoro Satsuki vs Rina Yamashita & Tae Honma
A'min & Cherry vs Hamuko Hoshi & Makoto
Nao Ishikawa & Stephanie Vaquer vs SAKI & Saori Anou
Live iPPV

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/7am BST/2am EDT/11pm PDT

All Japan Road To Nippon Budokan Night 1
Udatsu Arena, Mima
Ryo Inoue vs Yoshitatsu
Dan Tamura vs Suwama
Handicap Match: Black Menso-re & Izanagi vs Cyrus
Hikaru Sato vs TAJIRI
Gungnir Of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda, Seigo Tachibana & Shotaro Ashino) vs Shuji Ishikawa, Takao Omori & Yuma Aoyagi)
Atsuki Aoyagi, Hokuto Omori & Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara, Rising HAYATO & Tiger Mask
Uploaded later to AJPW TV

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

DDT Japan Bakery Marketing Presents Konosuke Takeshita 10th Anniversary Nishinari Bay Blues
Nishinari Kumin Centre, Osaka
Damnation TA (KANON & MJ Paul) vs Hideki Okatani & Takeshi Masada
Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title Battle Royal: Akito vs Danshoku Dieno vs El Unicorn vs Ilusion vs Kazuki Hirata vs Makoto Oishi vs Saki Akai vs Soma Takao vs Toru Owashi vs Yuki Ishida vs Yuki Iino vs Yusuke Okada vs Yuya Koroku
Antonio Honda, Trans-Am Hiroshi & Yasu Urano vs Masahiro Takanashi, Super Sasadango Machine & X
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima) vs Brahman Kai, Brahman Sanshiro & Nrahman Shu
Arisu Endo & Miu Watanabe vs Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)
Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yuji Hino vs Kazusada Higuchi, Naomi Yoshimura & Yukio Naya
HARASHIMA & Shinya Aoki vs Minoru Suzuki & Yukio Sakaguchi
Daisuke Sasaki vs Konosuke Takeshita
CCK (Chris Brookes & Kid Lykos) vs Sakuya Konohana Tag (Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno)
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.33
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Ayato Yoshida, Ouji Shiiba & Shigehiro Irie vs BULK Orchestra (KAZMA SAKAMOTO, Quiet Storm & Ryuichi Kawakami)
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Michiko Miyagi
Coelacanths (CIMA & Kaz Hayashi) vs Masao Inoue & X
BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani & Hayato Tamura) vs Masato Kamino & Takanori Ito
AJPW All Asia Tag Team Titles: Voodoo Murders (Minoru & Toshizo) vs Soma Watanabe & Yu Iizuka
60 Seconds (Jun Tonsho, Keiichi Sato & Tetsuya Iizuchi) vs STRONGHEARTS (El Lindaman, Shigehiro Irie & T-Hawk)
LIVE on Youtube

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

Big Japan Saikyo Tag League Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kazuki Hashimoto & Kazumi Kikuta vs Masaya Takahashi & Yuya Aoki
Kaji Tomato, Kota Sekifuda & Tatsuhiko Yoshino vs Ryota Hama, Takuho Kato & Yasufumi Nakanoue
Kankuro Hoshino vs Yuichi Taniguchi
Saikyo Tag League A Block: Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazumasa Yoshida
Saikyo Tag League B Block: Abdullah Kobayashi & Daiju Wakamatsu vs Chicharito Shoki & Yuji Okabayashi
Saikyo Tag League A Block Iron Cage & Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch: Jaki Numazawa & Ryuji Ito vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
Saikyo Tag League B Block Hardcore Match: Crazy Lovers (Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto) vs Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani)
Live on BJW's LINELIVE channel

Also shows from Zero1 & Dragongate

11/9/2022, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

2AW Grand Slam In Korakuen Hall
11th September
Chicharito Shoki, Hiroshi Yamato, Noriyuki Yoshida & Yuma 24 vs Hyper Brave G Valion, Kotaro Yoshino, Kyu Mogami & Shiori Asahi
Kaji Tomato & Shu Asakawa vs THE RULE (Naka Shuma & Takuma Joshiba)
BUG's Mutation (Ayumu Honda & CHANGO) vs Daiju Wakamatsu & Taishi Takizawa
Ayame Sasamura vs Chihiro Hashimoto
Hayato Mashita vs Kunio Toshima
2AW Tag Team Titles: THE RULE (Ayato Yoshida & Excilio)(c) vs Koen (Takuro Niki & Tatsuya Hanami)
2AW Openweight Title: Kengo Mashimo(c) vs Isami Kodaka
Airs on Samurai TV 17th September

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/4:30am BST/11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT

Tokyo Joshi Pro Inspiration
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Arisu Endo vs Miyu Yamashita
Haruna Neko vs Pom Harajuku
Dalys & Stephanie Vaquer vs Moka Miyamoto & Shoko Nakajima
Demonio Uno & Pokotan vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki)
Live on Wrestle Universe

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

All Japan Road To Nippon Budokan Night 2
Yonago Industrial Gymnasium Sub Arena, Yonago
Dan Tamura vs Ryo Inoue
Black Menso-re vs Izanagi
Hikaru Sato vs Suwama
Cyrus vs Hokuto Omori
ALL Mighty Inoue & Lowther vs TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu
Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda, Seigo Tachibana & Shotaro Ashino) vs Jake Lee, Shuji Ishikawa & Takao Omori
Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento Miyahara & Tiger Mask
Live on AJPW TV

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 12
Yokohama Budokan, Yokohama
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Waka Tsukiyama) vs God's Eye (Syuri & Tomoka Inaba)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Saya Kamitani vs Suzu Suzuki
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Giulia vs Mayu Iwatani
5★GP Red Stars Block: Risa Sera vs Unagi Sayaka
5★GP Red Stars Block: Himeka vs SAKI
5★GP Red Stars Block: AZM vs Utami Hayashishita
Artist of Stardom Titles: Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid)(c) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Koguma)
Goddess of Stardom Titles: COSMIC ANGELS (Natsupoi & Tam Nakano)(c) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei & MIRAI)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

Also shows from Zero1, JWP, A-Team, Burst, Dragongate, Marvelous, Oz Academy & Heat-Up

12/9/2022, Monday

Just Tap Out TAKATaichiDespe Mania
Yoyogi National Stadium 2nd Gymnasium, Tokyo
Akira Jumonji, Genta Yubari, Hideki Sekine & Hikaru Sato vs Suzukigun (DOUKI, Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Arata, Eagle Mask & Ryuya Takekura vs Isami Kodaka, Yasu Urano & Yuji Hino
Hibiscus Mii, Yu Yamagata & YuuRI vs Misa Kagura, rhythm & Sumika Yanagawa
Aoi & Tomoka Inaba vs Maika & MIRAI
CIMA, Kaz Hayashi & TAKA Michinoku vs Dick Togo, Gedo & Great Sasuke
Hirooki Goto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Taichi & Yoshitatsu
El Desperado vs Jun Kasai
Live on iPPV

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 13
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death & Rina) vs Queen's Quest (Hina & Lady C)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Ami Sourei vs Mina Shirakawa
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Hanan vs Natsupoi
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Hazuki vs Saya Iida
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mayu Iwatani vs Suzuu Suzuki
5★GP Red Stars Block: SAKI vs Saki Kashima
5★GP Red Stars Block: AZM vs Risa Sera
5★GP Red Stars Block: Tam Nakano vs Unagi Sayaka
5★GP Red Stars Block: Momo Kohgo vs Syuri
5★GP Red Stars Block: Mai Sakurai vs Utami Hayashishita

13/9/2022, Tuesday

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EDT/3am PDT

DDT Who's Gonna Top? 2022 Tour In Asakusa
Asakusa Hanayashiki Theater, Tokyo
Akito & Sanshiro Takagi vs Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino vs Kazuki Hirata & Yukio Sakaguchi
Daisuke Sasaki & KANON vs Yuji Hino & Yuya Koroku
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada) vs HARASHIMA, Toru Owashi & Yukio Naya
CCK (Chris Brookes & Kid Lykos) vs Hideki Okatani & Takeshi Masada
Makoto Oishi & Yoshihiko vs MAO & Shunma Katsumata
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi, Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ishida)

14/9/2022, Wednesday

Shows from Ice Ribbon & Sendai Girls

15/9/2022, Thursday

All Japan Road To Nippon Budokan Night 3
Hodogaya Public Hall, Yokohama
Black Tiger & Suwama vs Kento Miyahara & Tiger Mask
Black Menso-re vs Izanagi vs Rising HAYATO
Cyrus vs Yoshitatsu
Minoru Suzuki vs TAJIRI
Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Yuji Nagata vs Ryo Inoue, Shuji Ishikawa & Takao Omori
Atsuki Aoyagi, Hokuto Omori, Jake Lee & Yuma Aoyagi vs Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda, Seigo Tachibana, Shotaro Ashino & Yusuke Kodama)
Live on AJPW TV

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 1
Taishi Ozawa vs Yoshiki Inamura
Kai Fujimura & Yuya Susumu vs NOSAWA Rongai & Super Crazy
Masato Tanaka & Shuhei Taniguchi vs Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji
Alejandro, Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane & Extreme Tiger vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Hi69, Shuji Kondo & Tadasuke)
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Hideki Suzuki & Timothy Thatcher vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Satoshi Kojima & Takashi Sugiura
Atsushi Kotoge, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs Stinger (Chris Ridgeway, HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)
Daiki Inaba, Jack Morris, Kaito Kiyomiya & Masa Kitamiya vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya & Masakatsu Funaki)
Live on Abema

Gatoh Move 10th Anniversary Phoenix Rises
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Emi Sakura vs Miya
Antonio Honda & Tokiko Kirihara vs Sayaka Obihiro & Sawasdee Kamen vs Sayuri & Shin Suzuki
Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Chie Koishikawa & Sayaka
Baliyan Akki, Riho & SAKI vs Kaori Yoneyama, Kid Lykos & Minoru Fujita
Asia Dream Tag Team Titles: CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto
Mei Suruga vs Yuna Mizumori
Uploaded later to Youtube

16/9/2022, Friday

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Shuhei Taniguchi vs Taishi Ozawa
Alejandro & Extreme Tiger vs Chris Ridgeway & Yuya Susumu
Akitoshi Saito, Mohammed Yone & Satoshi Kojima vs Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura
Alpha Wolf vs Dragon Bane
El Hijo del Dr Wagner, Hideki Suzuki, Kotaro Suzuki, NOSAWA Rongai & Super Crazy vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Hi69, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya & Tadasuke)
HAYATA, Jack Morris & Yoshinari Ogawa vs Naomichi Marufuji, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY
Atsushi Kotoge & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kongo (Kenoh & Shuji Kondo)
Takashi Sugiura vs Timothy Thatcher
Live on Wrestle Universe

Tokyo Joshi Pro Autumn Tour '22
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
International Princess Title #1 Contendership: Miu Watanabe vs Suzume
Rest of card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also show from Marvelous

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Voodoo Murders actually lose the belts to Soma and Yu I will be so happy.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

SG Bamboo posted:

If Voodoo Murders vanish off the face of the planet I will be so happy.

FTFY

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'd say 6 more months & All Japan will get bored of them again. Well, that's my hope anyway. At what point in his life has TARU ever been a draw?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

DDT Japan Bakery Marketing Presents Konosuke Takeshita 10th Anniversary Nishinari Bay Blues

Oh wow, this sounds great, can't wait to se-

Goddammit CyberFight.... :cripes:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow, this sounds great, can't wait to se-

Goddammit CyberFight.... :cripes:

I have good news:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1568490738731687937?t=RUs1yRCTK5Q5pnjyOlQiZA&s=19

(it's live on ABEMA)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yay!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The GLEAT show happening right now looks great, looking forward to watching the vod after DDT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

STRONGHEARTS will be on the upcoming GCW Tokyo shows

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1568471283863527430?t=_ZU2aPA5Der4JznDYtS9nA&s=19

No confirmation of Onitsuka or Irie though, big whiff from GCW if they don't book Irie when he's one of the best wrestlers in the world this year

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

forkboy84 posted:

STRONGHEARTS will be on the upcoming GCW Tokyo shows

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1568471283863527430?t=_ZU2aPA5Der4JznDYtS9nA&s=19

No confirmation of Onitsuka or Irie though, big whiff from GCW if they don't book Irie when he's one of the best wrestlers in the world this year

i, too, wish he’d be on the GCW shows but Irie is overseas at the end of September. Unless something’s changed since then? i didn’t hit translate on all his tweets.

https://twitter.com/tachimukau_irie/status/1565033867370983424?s=46&t=iukg10W3kVrnWGXm4f4eQA

Also my daughter has a unicorn like that too :3:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh, I did know about his UK tour, albeit I totally forgot the dates. OK then GCW, I understand your omission.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In about 12 hours El Desperado & Jun Kasai are going to try murder each other. Again. Blessed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrMidSouth1984/status/1569659082805596173?t=0855oClRVeKFIcsHKCfb4A&s=19

GLEAT have decided they aren't burning through Lidet's cash reserves fast enough so are launching an MMA brand?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't watch a lot of wXw but holy poo poo they got Abe and Irie teaming up next month. I've seen exactly one Amboss match and they were servicable, so the mad lads should be able to drag them to a very watchable match

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/1569725065557643272

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Minoru Suzuki has been made the president of a festival Committee and booked some matches for it involving his pals and Gatoh Move talent

https://thewildonefestival.com/

Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Daisuke Sekimoto sounds pretty interesting.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/MrMidSouth1984/status/1569659082805596173?t=0855oClRVeKFIcsHKCfb4A&s=19

GLEAT have decided they aren't burning through Lidet's cash reserves fast enough so are launching an MMA brand?

I'm curious whether this is just going to be UWF matches on full separate cards so they can separate it from G.PROWRESTLING, or if they're actually doing real MMA in addition to worked MMA and worked wrestling.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bonk posted:

I'm curious whether this is just going to be UWF matches on full separate cards so they can separate it from G.PROWRESTLING, or if they're actually doing real MMA in addition to worked MMA and worked wrestling.

They already do this as LIDET UWF shows, there just hasn't been one since March

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

forkboy84 posted:

Literally worked themselves into a shoot.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This has been the plan since the start: they've always differentiated between "G Pro Wrestling", "LIDET UWF" and "MMA"; although bar Maya Fukuda I think there's total crossover between the first two. This isn't going to be the Strong Hearts doing MMA; it'll be the shooters they already have doing MMA.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
So who's going to show the mma thread?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/ssw_skywalk/status/1570226162944835584

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Yeah, I don't know how you could possibly see Shun's trajectory in the past year and still rank him significantly lower than 2021.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
maybe they ranked him lower because he's no longer Dream Gate champ, but he's progressed incredibly on the character front and had compelling feuds since dropping the title.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

AEW, DDT and TJPW are doing a mini show for THQ Nordic at the Tokyo Game Show tomorrow to promote Fight Forever. Matches:

Christopher Daniels vs Chris Brookes
Hikari Noa vs Ryo Mizunami
Brookes or Daniels vs Soup.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1570338106087448579?t=L-bLYqKlRhh5tJRh-UwR5w&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This coming week begins with one of the quietest Saturday's I can remember. Stardom are about the only one to bother for some reason. Well, it could be because the rest of the week has 2 national holidays in Japan, Monday & Friday & people are saving their shows for then. Before that though Jun Akiyama has his 30th Anniversary for DDT on the same day that All Japan run their 50th Anniversary (& I'm a little sad we'll get a Stan Hansen appearance but not an Uncle Jun one), with former stablemate Yoshinobu Kanemaru Burning once again, for one night only. GLEAT go to Okinawa, New Japan stream a low effort house show & then All Japan give us all the title matches: All Asia Tag, Tag, Junior & Triple Crown, with guests including Minoru Suzuki, Christopher Daniels & of course most importantly ATM aka Carbell Ito. Hoorah for my favourite All Japan sponsor/money mark. There's Suwama vs Kento Miyahara for the top belt (somehow only their 5th meeting in a Triple Crown match) & there's Jake Lee vs generational rival Naoya Nomura to set up a Triple Crown challenger for the next day at Korakuen Hall. That next day has probably the 2nd biggest show of the week, Dangerous Gate, headlined by Eita challenging Yuki Yoshioka but the Natural Vibes vs Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta match which could easily steal the show. There's also a fun looking NOAH show. SEAdLINNNG have a fun card on Thursday featuring a Tag Title match as LAS FRESA DE EGOISTAS EXPLODE. Well, not really, but the 2 teams in the faction go head to head, expect a banger because these title matches always are. The week ends with a New Japan show that looks mostly the same as the previously streamed NJPW show, & 2 Ganabre shows that aren't live.

17/9/2022, Saturday

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 14
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Ami Sourei & Lady C vs COSMIC ANGELS (Tam Nakano & Waka Tsukiyama) vs STARS (Koguma & Momo Kohgo)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mina Shirakawa vs MIRAI
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Saya Iida vs Suzu Suzuki
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Natsupoi vs Starlight Kid
5★GP Red Stars Block: Maika vs Unagi Sayaka
5★GP Red Stars Block: Mai Sakurai vs Risa Sera
5★GP Red Stars Block: Saki Kashima vs Utami Hayashishita
5★GP Red Stars Block: SAKI vs Syuri

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Wave, Burst, Dragongate, Michinoku Pro, 2AW, YMZ & Heat-Up

18/9/2022, Sunday

DDT Sternness Jun Akiyama 30th Anniversary
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Yusuke Okada vs Yuya Koroku
Akito vs HARASHIMA vs Hideki Okatani vs Soma Takao vs Yukio Naya vs Yukio Sakaguchi
Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata, Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Koju Takeda, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari)
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON, Minoru Fujita & MJ Paul) vs Kazusada Higuchi, Makoto Oishi, Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida
37KAMIINA (MAO, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Cara Noir, Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi
Naomi Yoshimura vs Takeshi Masada
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Yuji Nagata
Live on Wrestle Universe

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 15
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Queen's Quest (Lady C & Utami Hayashishita) vs STARS (Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mina Shirakawa vs Starlight Kid
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Momo Watanabe vs Suzu Suzuki
5★GP Blue Stars Block: MIRAI vs Saya Kamitani
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Ami Sourei vs Giulia
5★GP Red Stars Block: Mai Sakurai vs SAKI
5★GP Red Stars Block: Koguma vs Unagi Sayaka
5★GP Red Stars Block: Risa Sera vs Tam Nakano

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EDT/10pm PDT

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.34
Tenbusu Hall, Naha
60 Seconds (Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato) vs Takanori Ito & Yu Iizuka
UWF Rules: Maya Fukuda vs Michiko Miyagi
CIMA vs Gabai-Ji Chan
UWF Rules: Seichi Ikemoto vs Soma Watanabe
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura & KAZMA SAKAMOTO) vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka & T-Hawk)
BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani, Quiet Storm & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs El Lindaman, Kaz Hayashi & Tetsuya Izuchi
Uploaded to Youtube on a Thursday at Noon BST. Probably this coming Thursday but I can't say for sure

4:30pm JST/6:30pm AEDT/8:30am BST/3:30am EDT/12:30am PDT

All Japan 50th Anniversary
Nippon Budokan, Tokyo
Oji Shiiba & Yusuke Kodaka vs Rising HAYATO & Ryo Inoue
Andy Wu, Black Menso-re, Izanagi & SUSHI vs ATM, Mitsuya Nagai, TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu
Cyrus, Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs Kohei Sato, Shuji Ishikawa & Yukio Naya
All Asia Tag Team Titles: Voodoo Murders (Minoru & Toshizo)(c) vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato)
Hokuto Omori vs Minoru Suzuki
Yuji Nagata vs Yuma Anzai
Christopher Daniels vs Yuma Aoyagi
Atsushi Onita, Masanobu Fuchi & Shiro Koshinaka vs Great Kojima, Masao Inoue & Yoshiaki Yatsu
AJPW World Tag Team Titles: Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino)(c) vs GET WILD (Manabu Soya & Takao Omori)
PWF World Junior Heavyweight Title: Tiger Mask(c) vs Atsuki Aoyagi
Triple Crown #1 Contendership: Jake Lee vs Naoya Nomura
Triple Crown: Suwama(c) vs Kento Miyahara
Uploaded 23/9 to AJPW TV, Live on BS Nippon TV but only the latter part of the show, from 7pm JST

New Japan Burning Spirit Night 12
B-Con Plaza, Beppu
BUSHI & Shingo Takagi vs El Phantasmo & KENTA
Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Hikuleo vs Gideon Grey, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb
Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito vs Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Zack Sabre Jr
Bad Dude Tito, JONAH & Shane Haste vs Kazuchika OKada, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira, TJP & Will Ospreay vs David Finlay, The DKC, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi
NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Titles: Hirooki Goto, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI(c) vs EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi
Doc Gallow, Gedo, Jay White, Karl Anderson & Taiji Ishimori vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jado, KUSHIDA, Tama Tonga & Toru Yano
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from JWP, Oz Academy, Michinoku Pro, Secret Base, Doutonbori Pro, Actwres girlZ, 2AW, Ryukyu Pro, Wave & JTO

19/9/2022, Monday, Respect for the Aged Day

All Japan #ajpw MANIXx
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on AJPW TV

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 16
Nagoya International Conference Hall Event Hall, Nagoya
God's Eye (Ami Sourei & MIRAI) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (Lady C & Saya Kamitani)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mina Shirakawa vs Suzu Suzuki
5★GP Red Stars Block: Mai Sakurai vs Maika
5★GP Red Stars Block: Momo Kohgo vs Tam Nakano
5★GP Red Stars Block: AZM vs Unagi Sayaka
5★GP Red Stars Block: Koguma vs Risa Sera
5★GP Red Stars Block: SAKI vs Utami Hayashishita

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/7am BST/2am EDT/11pm PDT

Dragongate Dangerous Gate 2022
Ota Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Kaito Nagano vs Yasushi Kanda
Ho Ho Lun & Super Shenlong III vs Shuji Kondo & Toru Owashi
Genki Horiguchi, Kenichiro Arai, Konomama Ichikawa & Ultimo Dragon vs Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga, Shachihoko Boy & Takashi Yoshida
Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Kzy, Strong Machine J & U-T) vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, Diamante, HYO & KAI)
Gold Class (Ben-K, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi) vs High-End (Dragon Kid, Kagetora & YAMATO)
Open The Triangle Gate Titles: M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Mochizuki Jr & Susumu Mochizuki)(c) vs Don Fujii, Ishin Iihashi & Ishinriki
Open The Twin Gate Titles: Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee)(c) vs Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta
Open The Dream Gate Title: Yuki Yoshioka(c) vs Eita
Live on DG Network

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voage
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Masa Kitamiya vs Taishi Ozawa
Masato Tanaka vs Yoshiki Inamura
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr & Hideki Suzuki vs Shuhei Taniguchi & Takashi Sugiura
Daiki Inaba vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
Jack Morris & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kongo (Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
Satoshi Kojima vs Timothy Thatcher
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from BJW, Zero1, Tenryu Project, Michinoku Pro, & 2AW

20/9/2022, Tuesday

A 666 show

21/9/2022, Wednesday

Pro Wrestling NOAH N Innovation
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Kai Fujimura vs Yasutaka Yano
Eita, NOSAWA Rongai & Super Crazy vs Hajime Ohara, Hi69 & Tadasuke
Kotaro Suzuki vs Shuji Kondo
Alejandro vs Alpha Wolf vs Dragon Bane vs Extreme Tiger vs Ninja Mack
Elimination Tag: Atsushi Kotoge, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs Stinger (Chris Ridgeway, HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)
Live on Wrestle Universe

22/9/2022, Thursday

SEAdLINNNG in Shinjuku FACE
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Amazon & Kaori Yoneyama vs SAKI & Yuko Sakurai
Itsuki Aoki vs Yuu
High Speed: Kakeru Sekiguchi vs Mei Suruga vs Riko Kawahata
AKARI, Ryo Mizunami & Yuna Mizumori vs Hanako Nakamori, Hiroyo Matsumoto & Misa Kageru
Beyond The Sea Tag Team Titles: Las Fresa de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto)(c) vs Las Fresa de Egoistas (Ayame Sasamura & Riko Kajiu)
Live on iPPV

23/9/2022, Friday, Autumnal Equinox Day

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 17
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Hanan vs Suzu Suzuki
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Natsupoi vs Saya Iida
5★GP Blue Stars Block: MIRAI vs Starlight Kid
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Mina Shirakawa vs Saya Kamitani
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Hazuki vs Mayu Iwatani
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Giulia vs Momo Watanabe
5★GP Red Stars Block: Momo Kohgo vs SAKI
5★GP Red Stars Block: Risa Sera vs Saki Kashima
5★GP Red Stars Block: AZM vs Koguma
5★GP Red Stars Block: Syuri vs Tam Nakano

Ganbare Pro Twin Peaks 2022
Oji BASEMENT MONSTAR, Tokyo
Keisuke Ishii & Tyson Maeguchi vs Kouki Iwasaki & Mizuki Watase
HARUKAZE, Ken Ohka & Moeka Haruhi vs Yumehito Imanari, Yuna Manase & YuuRI
Shuichiro Katsumura vs Yuki Ishida
Soma Takao vs Yuki Kanzaki
Jun Masaoka vs Shinichiro Tominaga

Dragongate Storm Gate Night 8
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

New Japan Burning Spirit Night 15
Takamatsu City Gymnasium, Takamatsu
Kosei Fujita vs Ryohei Oiwa
Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Hikuleo vs Gideon Grey, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb
BUSHI & Shingo Takagi vs El Phantasmo & KENTA
Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito vs Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Zack Sabre Jr
Bad Dude Tito, JONAH & Shane Haste vs Kazuchika Okada, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
Doc Gallows, Gedo, Jay White, Karl Anderson & Taiji Ishimori vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jado, KUSHIDA, Tama Tonga & Toru Yano
Aaron Henare, Francesco Akira, TJP & Will Ospreay vs David Finlay, The DKC, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi
Live on NJPW World

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

Ganbare Pro Enemy of America 2022
Oji BASEMENT MONSTAR, Tokyo
Keisuke Ishii vs Toi Kojima
Yuna Manase vs YuuRI
HARUKAZE & Moeka Haruhi vs Miyuki Takase & Yoshiko Hasegawa
Kouki Iwasaki & Yuki Kanzaki vs Shinichiro Tominaga & Shuichiro Katsumura
Ken Ohka & Yumehito Imanari vs Mizuki Watase & Soma Takao

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

Ganbare Pro Twin Peaks 2022
The Black Lodge, Tokyo

Fixed a typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

18/9/2022, Sunday

DDT Sternness Jun Akiyama 30th Anniversary
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Yusuke Okada vs Yuya Koroku
Akito vs HARASHIMA vs Hideki Okatani vs Soma Takao vs Yukio Naya vs Yukio Sakaguchi
Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata, Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Koju Takeda, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari)
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON, Minoru Fujita & MJ Paul) vs Kazusada Higuchi, Makoto Oishi, Yuji Hino & Yuki Ishida
37KAMIINA (MAO, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) vs Cara Noir, Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi
Naomi Yoshimura vs Takeshi Masada
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Yuji Nagata
Live on Wrestle Universe

poo poo got real, they're bringing a Dad.