Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JHB has a special connection to the bins, seeing as she is a pile of reanimated garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She should be remembered as she lived, in charge of a country where nothing works.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Guavanaut posted:

I was reading a thing about divinity and disgust within the foundations of civilizations

It makes sense that the key objects in the British animist tradition are The Bins and The Royals, and the disgusting binbags that mediate between the two.

This is it. Britain's Ragnarök. Göttermülltag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epnKO1NEzto

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/D_Raval/status/1569946954616143872

:allears:

e: changed link to a slightly longer clip of keith

What a bunch of loving snowflakes royalist tory simps are, they can't tolerate anyone saying anything they disagree with. When will this woke mob stop cancelling dissent?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Scientastic posted:

What a bunch of loving snowflakes royalist tory simps are, they can't tolerate anyone saying anything they disagree with. When will this woke mob stop cancelling dissent?

de verdad

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dover dad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Update on Centreparcs kicking everyone out on Monday: they're locking you in instead https://twitter.com/myldn/status/1570005262072791044

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They just keep on digging, don't they.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Digging a tunnel is the only way to escape your lodge on Monday.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Update: Center Parcs confirms that guests will not be able to switch off their lodge TV or change the channel on day of queen's funeral

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"But you said you wanted to stay, right?"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
For the longest time I, for some reason, assumed that center Parcs resorts (and butlins and all the others) were inside gigantic domes. I have no idea where that perception came from but it lasted into my 20s and even today my brain still goes to imagining domes whenever these resorts are mentioned

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Microplastics posted:

For the longest time I, for some reason, assumed that center Parcs resorts (and butlins and all the others) were inside gigantic domes. I have no idea where that perception came from but it lasted into my 20s and even today my brain still goes to imagining domes whenever these resorts are mentioned

Same

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"It's like a camp, but you can't leave and you're locked in the accommodation."
"You're still talking about a holiday camp right?"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hotel Centerparcia

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Everyone wants a bank holiday until they realise they're not the only one getting the day off.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Microplastics posted:

Well, now I want a John Carpenter-esque movie where a guy has to escape from a domed Center Parcs. Maybe Edgar Wright?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Here is the bbc article about the queue to see the queen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62872323

A bit of google mapping shows this to be about 4 miles. If you walk it it would take over an hour but queueing will, erm, increase that.

People are going to die.

Remind me, what was the length of the queue to get to the Eternity Gate in 40k?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
bloke rang into radio 2 ready to queue to see the box by employing his old army trick of squatting and rocking back and forth on his heels and taking sips of water and sucking boiled sweets loooool

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
jeezaloo but this country is beyond help

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

notaspy posted:

the queue to see the queen:

The Queue-een.

Can you do it in a funny costume like the Marathon? You could go dressed as a banana in a pyjama, or Jeremy Corbyn

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Failed Imagineer posted:

The Queue-een.

Can you do it in a funny costume like the Marathon? You could go dressed as a banana in a pyjama, or Jeremy Corbyn

That's protest Johnny.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
presumably many of those not up to speed with survival techniques will be soiling themselves and passing out and some doddering old folk will keel over and die but that's okay because they're unimportant and the NHS has nothing better to do

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

turning up in the queue dressed as diana and start screaming at anyone saying it's morbid or disrespectful

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

diana when she was alive but I guess you could try otherwise but maybe they'd have a point

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I like the bit about the wrist bands, strong fascist vibe (bugger off music festival comparisons).

And that you can't rotate out queuers.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Turn up in a full SS Obergruppenführer uniform, holding A2 posters of the Queen Mum and Liz doing a Hitlergrüß/Harry dressed in the same uniform. Then let the rational debate commence

notaspy posted:

I like the bit about the wrist bands, strong fascist vibe (bugger off music festival comparisons).

And that you can't rotate out queuers.

Music festivals are often run on pretty fash lines tbh, severe curtailment of public liberties to facilitate unrestrained capitalism (in the form of €8 cans of Heineken). OTOH Reading Festival has never tried to invade the Sudetenland, but it's only a matter of time

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 14, 2022

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

notaspy posted:

The lore says it takes multiple generations to get through the queue, which does sound a bit silly, what do they eat, where do they give birth, why would the children who grow up in the queue not just leave?

I guess we're about to find out.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Tesseraction posted:

diana when she was alive but I guess you could try otherwise but maybe they'd have a point

Turning up with Diana and screaming at everyone about my dream where the psychic lady from the Express telepathically instructed me to buy a marionette kit and ghostpunch the king

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Once the London ABBA Experience runs its course they're going to retrofit it into a holographic audience with Liz, and every Telegraph reader will be required to make an annual Hajj

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Microplastics posted:

Because - one of the early center parks had the main swimming pool and shop area under a giant dome/glass roof, back when that was rare and unusual. I forget if it was France or here, but they used that one domed area in all the publicity shots to give the idea they were all like that. I think it was part of their logo for a while.
I vaguely remember friends at school complaining that it was nothing like the adverts in the UK.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

notaspy posted:

Here is the bbc article about the queue to see the queen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62872323

A bit of google mapping shows this to be about 4 miles. If you walk it it would take over an hour but queueing will, erm, increase that.

People are going to die.

No Cliff Energy Gel Station, 3/10 would not queue again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sad news everyone, we've lost America again https://twitter.com/ajbauer/status/1570015960526106629?s=46&t=S5BJMGZnKBAv3o8wPfiM3g

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1570019852546359296

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thought that was just a general commentary until the end of the tweet tbh.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I wouldn't queue 30 hours to go to my own mother's funeral, let alone, well,

this

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

and I really love my mum!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

and I really love my mum!

You know she'd understand.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A shame really that she didn't time it for the heatwaves, could have singlehandedly made republicanism the default position because all the royalists would have died of heatstroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Barry Foster posted:

I wouldn't queue 30 hours to go to my own mother's funeral, let alone, well,

this

They've waited for 70 years to attend a royal funeral, give them a break.

Me, I think this one looks a bit crowded so I'll catch the next one. I probably won't be waiting long.