Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Nice

loved the judgement games, part of the reason Yakuza didn't click with me was the language barrier and I didn't get to finish them on PS4 so will be very happy to snap those up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I feel like a timer is on my head to finish Bayonetta 2 now

its not like any real pressure or anything its just drat i actually need to go do that right now

Same. Luckily the Wii U emulator runs it really well.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

drat it feels good to be a gamer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbJEbpXyoXU

New tactical RPG from the creators of Knights of Pen and Paper and Chroma Squad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/play-the-sims-4-for-free-beginning-october-18

Sims 4 is going free to play

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

browsing the Building & Automation category on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/526870/Satisfactory/ "Conquer nature by building massive factories across the land. Expand wherever and however you want. The planet is filled with valuable natural resources just waiting to be utilized. As an employee of FICSIT it’s your duty to make sure they come to good use." Come on, I can't be running my own business instead of working for a boss even in a video game fantasy?

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 14, 2022

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

It already felt like one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I hate that this makes sense

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i'm desensitized to playing the sims after i got to control an actual human in a sims-like environment thank you jerma

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Too much Kiryu

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

hatty posted:

Too much Kiryu

how dare you

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Nine games (0-6, Kenzan, new Gaiden game) is enough Kiryu imho, Ichiban should be the new face of Like A Dragon.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

Too much Kiryu
it really feels like sega executives wanting yakuza to only be about kiryu, i assume this is why the creator left

Lonegar
Jul 13, 2006
Internet.
I am just excited for more Ichiban personally, Kiryu is just icing on the cake.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Last Celebration posted:

Nine games (0-6, Kenzan, new Gaiden game) is enough Kiryu imho, Ichiban should be the new face of Like A Dragon.

From what they were saying about the themes of the past and the future it sounds like this will be a very 'passing the torch' story.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

stev posted:

From what they were saying about the themes of the past and the future it sounds like this will be a very 'passing the torch' story.

The only issue with that is that the last, like, third of Like a Dragon was already a passing the torch story

That said I'm sure Gaiden's going to come up with a reason for Kiryu to involve himself again and hopefully it'll be fun seeing him cross paths with Ichiban again and get swept up into his whole thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 7th Guest posted:

it really feels like sega executives wanting yakuza to only be about kiryu, i assume this is why the creator left

It could also be without Nagoshi's creative lead they fell back on what they were comfortable with

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I'm excited for all the new RGG games, I just hope they don't run Kiryu into the ground. Ichi is a great successor

rox
Sep 7, 2016

imagining this dude saying 'like a dragon gaiden'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlGNj9FUhY

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wait what NOW!?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

So maybe I'm super late to the party on this one, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it:

Patrick's Parabox is the best puzzle game since Baba is You. I'm maybe 5 worlds deep and I feel confident in this statement.

It's so utterly brilliant in its design. It's a block-pushing game like Baba, but the main conceit is that blocks can be pushed inside of other blocks. Many levels have recursive layers of blocks (so either a block contains itself, or contains a block that contains itself, or etc). The puzzles so far have not been extremely challenging but you feel like a complete genius for solving them. Highly recommend if you liked Baba/The Witness/Understand.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Apparently 12th September is national video games day and we missed it. I'd like to apologize deeply on behalf of myself and the Video Games moderation staff.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every day is National gamer day where I live (the Gamers Republic)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Toby Fox is replacing Sakurai

in Famitsu

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Apparently 12th September is national video games day and we missed it. I'd like to apologize deeply on behalf of myself and the Video Games moderation staff.

Very disrespectful to celebrate during our time of mourning

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tears of the Kingdom...

God, whenever that game is mentioned I'm just gonna remember how Nintendo UK handled it

rox
Sep 7, 2016

:australia:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Very disrespectful to celebrate during our time of mourning

Been celebrating the entire time.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm too American to give a poo poo about the Queen. Also she was 96, she had a nice long life and got to watch her grandchildren grow. I hope I can make it another 50 years in decent health and being mobile.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's fine we'd have to ban all the ps5 users and that's too much drama

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But when is National VideoGames Day? :thunkher:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Walla posted:

I'm too American to give a poo poo about the Queen. Also she was 96, she had a nice long life and got to watch her grandchildren grow. I hope I can make it another 50 years in decent health and being mobile.

British people also largely don't give a poo poo about her or her family of villains.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

stev posted:

British people also largely don't give a poo poo about her or her family of villains.

That's good then.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m guessing I’ll live to 65

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Why not 69

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Walla posted:

The period of mourning is because they have a new king now hth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SvR09:

Doing Undertaker's Road to WM path and Santino and Finlay are warning me that the Man is coming so I'm excited to fight Becky Lynch

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rarity posted:

But when is National VideoGames Day? :thunkher:

4/20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

stev posted:

Idk, the news here in Canada is still 100% about the queen (dead), whether or not that reflects what normies care about is unclear, but there is a public "book of condolences" that has like 50,000 messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbJEbpXyoXU

New tactical RPG from the creators of Knights of Pen and Paper and Chroma Squad

Hot drat yeah, this is just Chroma Squad but with Magical Girls instead of Sentai