Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Omnicarus posted:

Why does the pretty chaos guy not get a mount? Shouldn't he have a really pretty horse or unicorn or hellicorn or something?

No horse is pretty enough

also it would ruin his leg muscles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Third World Reagan posted:

No horse is pretty enough

also it would ruin his leg muscles

AHEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csUwadvcW4A

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

SkySteak posted:

What would be his signature quote/dialogue?

Chamberlain: "HMMMMMmmmmmmn!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Did they buff Repanse? Or melee lords in general? Or is this some errant mod I have that buffed her? This lady has some crazy stats:

Now you will see the true power of ZE LADY

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
For Juicetess!

Interesting thing about Repanse is that she turns into a dead hard melee lord, but doesn't ever get a dragon or other huge mount, so she's Always a comparatively small LL, but also she counters that some with her aura attack.

Also, everywhere she goes Henri Le Massif should be there too and my GOD can that man kill SEMs.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Ikit's IE start actually is pretty spicy. You can still do the tier 4 skavenblight on turn 5 cheese, but you're going to be hammered from every direction very, very quickly; Aranessa has to go ASAP so you can prepare for the inevitable Orion/Belegar tag team power hour, which isn't impossible to deal with except for the fact that getting rid of Orion requires going into Athel Loren which is always a tremendous pile of poo poo. There's also a reasonable chance Skrag will declare on you despite also hating Belegar, Morghur is a coinflip, and in the process of killing Aranessa you tend to discover Repanse, who will gleefully declare war on you and may or may not start sending stacks across the water at you.

You're Ikit, so your army is overpowered as poo poo, but it's hard to have that army be everywhere at once when you're at war from literally every single side and there's no real likely NAPs or allies nearby. I got lucky and managed to NAP with Morghur in my current campaign so I only have to deal with enemies from every other direction, but while figuring out the Skavenblight cheese I noticed that roughly half the time he'll declare on you instead of NAPing you.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
tbh, you don't really need the abandon + resettle w/food cheese because growth is pretty fast now but also food from battles is harder to come by. Still workable but less tantalizing.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Hit the point in my Louen campaign where I've united the homeland but still need a few thousand chivalry to beat the game, so now I've just become Team Bretonnia: World Police. Got Louen in Kislev fighting Chaos and Norsca, Bohemond the Beastslayer (via Mixu's mod) cleaning up the undead in Sylvania before hitting the mountains to get rid of Azhag and Grimgor, Repanse in the southern realms dealing with Ikit and the rest of the Skaven, and the Fay Enchantress holding down the fort at home as Wulfrik and Throgg break stack after stack against the walls of Couronne and Marienburg Mariannebourg.

Gifting settlements and allied recruitment makes this playstyle a hell of a lot more fun than it used to be. Every order faction in the game wants to be my best friend and I'm making fat cash by selling settlements back to the original factions who owned them before I press onwards in my crusade.

Bretonnia's roster might be one of the more boring in the game, but the freedom the game gives you to make your own fun all around the world makes it ridiculously fun.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Wouldn't you be nuking your strength rating burning half your rats in a resettle? That'll attract decs instead of people ideally declaring their other neighbors and holding back against you because they don't want to be at war with equal or greater value X foes at once.

And yeah you can slap down a den and commandment for 40+ growth immediately I'd think. Weapons teams are T2 to start.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 14, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cranappleberry posted:

tbh, you don't really need the abandon + resettle w/food cheese because growth is pretty fast now but also food from battles is harder to come by. Still workable but less tantalizing.
Yeah I'd rather spend that food another settlement that I conquer. I'm going to have to give Ikit a shot now because I love him and I'll enjoy it if his start is a little more challenging.

Agean90 posted:

the casket of souls means settlement battles go from organizing multiple points of attack so you can bypass the garrison and capture points while dropping chariots into defenders flanks to just shouting haha magic go brrrrrr while an alleyway full of dudes explode
It was a good thing I was muted in the meeting I was in when I read this.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Cranappleberry posted:

There's not really any reason not to do it. It's pretty consistently done by turn 5 and you end up with enough money to build almost the whole thing out. Early access to stuff like doom flayers and all of your heroes is a pretty huge power boost.

Food income was high enough from fighting after that that I was able to settle two of Tilea's cities as tier 2, one as tier 3, and Sartosa as tier 4.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
That's a neat tactic, I ought to try it.

Ikit is a fun campaign, but my main gripe is I feel like the are a crippling shortage of warp canisters. Those tactical nukes are fun but I never have enough to spare because I want the weapon team upgrades first

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Panfilo posted:

That's a neat tactic, I ought to try it.

Ikit is a fun campaign, but my main gripe is I feel like the are a crippling shortage of warp canisters. Those tactical nukes are fun but I never have enough to spare because I want the weapon team upgrades first
I always go straight to max quantity nukes then get the upgrades. It hurts but its worth it so you can just toss the nukes around.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Got a chuckle from Sigvalds quest battle speech

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I always go straight to max quantity nukes then get the upgrades. It hurts but its worth it so you can just toss the nukes around.

Is there a trick to getting more warp canisters?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Wouldn't you be nuking your strength rating burning half your rats in a resettle? That'll attract decs instead of people ideally declaring their other neighbors and holding back against you because they don't want to be at war with equal or greater value X foes at once.

And yeah you can slap down a den and commandment for 40+ growth immediately I'd think. Weapons teams are T2 to start.

the strategy involves recruiting a second lord immediately (can go warlock engineer) and using him to help sac the closest small settlement to farm levels + food then use him to resettle so you don't lose power

Kanos posted:

There's not really any reason not to do it. It's pretty consistently done by turn 5 and you end up with enough money to build almost the whole thing out. Early access to stuff like doom flayers and all of your heroes is a pretty huge power boost.

Food income was high enough from fighting after that that I was able to settle two of Tilea's cities as tier 2, one as tier 3, and Sartosa as tier 4.

the obvious advantage being you build up your weapons team and plague claw buildings to deploy weapons team armies much more quickly. Plus levels never hurt. Ikit on a doom flayer rules.

Does the level 13 warlord cheese still work or has that been nerfed?

Cranappleberry fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 14, 2022

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God drat do I love it when, as Vlad, Drycha tries an opportunistic wardec while I'm in the middle of fighting the dwarves, fecundites, and remnants of the empire all around her stupid tree

And then all my armies turn around for one turn and burn her entire poo poo to the ground.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Doomykins posted:

Yeah as Cranappleberry says you don't use Ikit to resettle, you use a second lord(a warlock master who you need to be leveling anyway) to resettle and lose nothing. Super early T3+ is a huge boost over T2 because it gives you immediate access to plagueclaws, plague priests, and packmasters, as well as ratling guns(and jezzails due to Ikit's unique building). T2 weapon teams are warpfire throwers and warp grinders which are both situationally useful but are very niche includes instead of the basis of your bullshit gunline. I'll run like 2 warpfire throwers max in Ikit's stack solely for busting blobs of heavy infantry, and I don't use warp grinders at all until a bunch of workshop upgrades juice them up.

Cranappleberry posted:

I honestly haven't checked because I've been focusing on warlock masters initially, I'll have to see.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Panfilo posted:

Its been years since i played Ikit seriously so I dont remember off the top of my head. I think just being mobile to get lots of fights. I used to hop the mountains and undercity-via-sacking the entirety of fair Bwettonia and it got me lots of fights because I didnt have a settlement to fall back to and people would attack me all the time. I liked ensuring I had good food throughput so I could just keep conquering so I would usually have Ikit with two Warlock Engineers (for the movement boost) and a following lord with a junk army of whatever to follow up behind Ikit doing cleanup work. I think that helped me with more cannisters because of Ikit's yellow skill but I cant really remember.

Cranappleberry posted:

the strategy involves recruiting a second lord immediately (can go warlock engineer) and using him to help sac the closest small settlement to farm levels + food then use him to resettle so you don't lose power

the obvious advantage being you build up your weapons team and plague claw buildings to deploy weapons team armies much more quickly. Plus levels never hurt. Ikit on a doom flayer rules.
Or you could let Skavenblight grow and go spend that food on occupying Miragliano at tier 4? I just dont see the advantage of doing it in Skavenblight when there are other settlements you can take to tier 4 on turn 5.

Cranappleberry posted:

I cant remember what this is.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Agent actions carried out successfully by Warlock Engineers can give you fuel. However Warlock Engineers are also the best hero unit in your armies due to the missile and campaign movement bonus, and there's no way to increase the cap fast like the other skaven heroes.

Ikit has a skill that you can get at lvl 11 the earliest, and that only gives you+1, and after that only the t5 warp building chain gives you 1+ extra capacity. Back in TW2 I used the starting Warlock Engineer to go to the Empire and start doing undercity and steal technology spam, because none of the stuff you fought with ikit was that dangerous, but IE changed somewhat that start so I dunno if it's still good idea.

Other than that, only Ikit and Warlock Master lords can get fuel from battles. There's also a Nuke skill that refunds some fuel when nukes are used in battle.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Electronico6 posted:

and after that only the t5 warp building chain gives you 1+ extra capacity
Did this change with game 3? I thought it was always tier 4 to unlock more Warlock Engineer capacity. I noticed it the other day and was surprised.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Wood Elves are really fun, definitely my favourite kind of elf so far! Being able to duck in and out of areas to declare war, do some sacking, clear out some heartlands and then just vanish is good, and the crazy-high ambush percentage seems to make defending trees really easy. Maybe they come up short vs heavily-armoured factions or something but I'm fighting a lot of Skaven/Norse/Nurgle right now and it rules.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Or you could let Skavenblight grow and go spend that food on occupying Miragliano at tier 4? I just dont see the advantage of doing it in Skavenblight when there are other settlements you can take to tier 4 on turn 5.

From a province vs province perspective, Skavenblight has 12 slots instead of Miragliano's measly 8 - equivalent in function to the entire Miragliano province on its own - and is substantially easier to defend against multiple aggressors(which are a 100% certainty). It's also the seat of a couple of relatively powerful high tier unique buildings and also where Ikit's unique building is at. You also save several thousand gold that you would need to spend on manually upgrading the Skavenblight settlement building, which can be put directly into upgrading your production buildings. The latter is important because money is very tight before you can start spreading undercities.

From a meta perspective, the few turns you spend setting up the Skavenblight cheese gives Aranessa time to either lose to Tilea or cripple them, meaning that you only need to fight the victor of that particular conflict instead of having to fight both, which enormously speeds up the process of both taking the province and getting Aranessa out of the way.

Assuming you do the Skavenblight resettle, food gain from killing the survivor is enough to settle a couple of the Miragliano province settlements at tier 2 or tier 3, and if Aranessa wins the initial fight, carving through her stacks will give you enough food to settle Sartosa at tier 3 or tier 4. You're not really making any meaningful sacrifices and you're making a lot of gains.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think there's something fucky with Ultra unit sizes. I always play with Ultra unit sizes, but they seem to not move fast or respond or orient themselves as reliably as in TWWH2 or.... something. On large, they move as expected. Maybe something is hosed with my system?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Panfilo posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2854225445

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why would you ever cheese as Ikit Claw? His faction is so grotesquely overpowered already

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do AI agents ever actually do something? They follow my armies around, but never seem to use any actions.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Why would you ever cheese as Ikit Claw? His faction is so grotesquely overpowered already

you should yell at the modder in the comments

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kanos posted:

From a province vs province perspective, Skavenblight has 12 slots instead of Miragliano's measly 8 - equivalent in function to the entire Miragliano province on its own - and is substantially easier to defend against multiple aggressors(which are a 100% certainty). It's also the seat of a couple of relatively powerful high tier unique buildings and also where Ikit's unique building is at. You also save several thousand gold that you would need to spend on manually upgrading the Skavenblight settlement building, which can be put directly into upgrading your production buildings. The latter is important because money is very tight before you can start spreading undercities.

From a meta perspective, the few turns you spend setting up the Skavenblight cheese gives Aranessa time to either lose to Tilea or cripple them, meaning that you only need to fight the victor of that particular conflict instead of having to fight both, which enormously speeds up the process of both taking the province and getting Aranessa out of the way.

Assuming you do the Skavenblight resettle, food gain from killing the survivor is enough to settle a couple of the Miragliano province settlements at tier 2 or tier 3, and if Aranessa wins the initial fight, carving through her stacks will give you enough food to settle Sartosa at tier 3 or tier 4. You're not really making any meaningful sacrifices and you're making a lot of gains.
So its a difference in preferences then, because I wouldnt do anything the way you described. Miragliano specifically has the Pastures resource building so you start earning more food by taking it and ensuring your can rapidly upgrade the Pastures means you have more food throughput so long term you can occupy everything at tier 3 or higher is way more appealing to me. The unique buildings in Skavenblight are good but not worth permanently stunting the growth of my empire; the money you earn by quickly conquering Tilea and Sartosa more than pays for the upgrades you have to pay for in not-cheesed Skavenblight and even with WH2's 14% Supply Lines upkeep penalty I never had any issues defending any of it. With how powerful Ikit's army is I've never had any issues carving through Tilea straight through to Sartosa without pausing. With the five slots in Miragliano after the capital building, port, and pastures you can still easily get any new buildings you want to build built and have access to the new units you unlock before you take the third settlement in the province. Undercities are about food generation so I dont need to wait for them to come online for my economy - you get rich as Skaven by owning more land; the only exception is putting the "earn 50% of what the settlement earns" building in places like Altdorf, Drakenhof, Lothern, ect.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 14, 2022

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Undercities are about food generation so I dont need to wait for them to come online for my economy - you get rich as Skaven by owning more land; the only exception is putting the "earn 50% of what the settlement earns" building in places like Altdorf, Drakenhof, Lothern, ect.
Is this just a preference or what Undercities are best for? I've tried Ikit a couple of times and petered out to play other factions but will be going back eventually (guns R fun) and there's a ton of stuff about undercities IDK about.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Broken Cog posted:

Do AI agents ever actually do something? They follow my armies around, but never seem to use any actions.

I've seen that a few times, and I suspect their owner is broke and/or the odds aren't very good? For me, they eventually bugger off to damage wall or a garrison to no gain. I always see them as a cloud of flies, annoying and irritating and not a very good mechanic. Once had a stack that couldn't move correctly in cramped quarters due to all the heroes crowding it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

So its a difference in preferences then, because I wouldnt do anything the way you described. Miragliano specifically has the Pastures resource building so you start earning more food by taking it and ensuring your can rapidly upgrade the Pastures means you have more food throughput so long term you can occupy everything at tier 3 or higher is way more appealing to me. The unique buildings in Skavenblight are good but not worth permanently stunting the growth of my empire; the money you earn by quickly conquering Tilea and Sartosa more than pays for the upgrades you have to pay for in not-cheesed Skavenblight and even with WH2's 14% Supply Lines upkeep penalty I never had any issues defending any of it. With how powerful Ikit's army is I've never had any issues carving through Tilea straight through to Sartosa without pausing. With the five slots in Miragliano after the capital building, port, and pastures you can still easily get any new buildings you want to build built and have access to the new units you unlock before you take the third settlement in the province. Undercities are about food generation so I dont need to wait for them to come online for my economy - you get rich as Skaven by owning more land; the only exception is putting the "earn 50% of what the settlement earns" building in places like Altdorf, Drakenhof, Lothern, ect.

Upgrading Ikit's building is worth as much as a pasture for food income, and as I've said like ten times, you don't actually lose settlement levels in Tilea or Sartosa. You have enough food to upgrade both them and Skavenblight.

It's not an either or choice, you get both.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pierson posted:

Is this just a preference or what Undercities are best for? I've tried Ikit a couple of times and petered out to play other factions but will be going back eventually (guns R fun) and there's a ton of stuff about undercities IDK about.
Thats my opinion on them right now. I'm not some turbonerd about their most optimal use and havent done any math or anything, but I have played a lot of Skaven so I have opinions. I feel like your food throughput (per turn production) is you meter for success as Skaven because starting cities that you conquer off at higher tiers makes you more money by immediately having more building slots (because all your buildings make you money), plus not needing to pay to upgrade the settlement capital in every single settlement you conquer adds up to a lot of savings over time. Also, the food meter got changed since I last played Skaven seriously so that low food is more painful, so staying at or above the middle of the five stages has become more important. The money buildings in Undercities cost food upkeep for meagre income - I think for the static-income building its 1 food for 200 income and 3 food for 400? Meanwhile a minor settlement costs 1 food upkeep but can produce well over 400 income if you have the full province, as well as providing unit recruitment and hero capacity.

Kanos posted:

Upgrading Ikit's building is worth as much as a pasture for food income, and as I've said like ten times, you don't actually lose settlement levels in Tilea or Sartosa. You have enough food to upgrade both them and Skavenblight.

It's not an either or choice, you get both.
have you done this in game 3? Because its hard to get that much food that early/quickly. Also I'm 99% sure Ikit's building does not generate 6 (7?) food.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Broken Cog posted:

Do you have the mod that makes them passive, because usually they're a loving nightmare and its my one mod I borderline refuse to play the game without. Agents are loving obnoxious and terrible on the strategic layer. Little shits just following you around in packs making the idea of ambushes impossible. Also, maybe one of these days they can make it so allies don't gently caress up your ambushes? How is that nonsense still in the game?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

TaintedBalance posted:

Do you have the mod that makes them passive, because usually they're a loving nightmare and its my one mod I borderline refuse to play the game without. Agents are loving obnoxious and terrible on the strategic layer. Little shits just following you around in packs making the idea of ambushes impossible. Also, maybe one of these days they can make it so allies don't gently caress up your ambushes? How is that nonsense still in the game?

No mods, agents just swarm my armies, but they never try to actually do anything. But yeah, I think they can "discover" ambushes which is real dumb

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Did this change with game 3? I thought it was always tier 4 to unlock more Warlock Engineer capacity. I noticed it the other day and was surprised.

Don't really remember to be honest.

I did remember that Ikit's DOOOOM! scheme gives him access to a unique undercity building that gives +1 to warlock engineers.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got Hippographs and man they just shred if you have a few paladins among them. The flying units are so broken in siege, you can completely gently caress up the enemy's defense.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Electronico6 posted:

Don't really remember to be honest.

I did remember that Ikit's DOOOOM! scheme gives him access to a unique undercity building that gives +1 to warlock engineers.
Hah, I remember the DOOOOM Engineer giving a special building but I dont remember Ikit having a unique version :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Hah, I remember the DOOOOM Engineer giving a special building but I dont remember Ikit having a unique version :v:

Sorry the only Skaven that I played recently is Ishin, and they have different rituals so I'm now thinking that the other clans also have unique rituals but I don't think that's quite right.

lol there's way too much poo poo in these games to keep track of