Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So do I need to do that whole giganto Aranayaka quest line to be able to do part iv of the picture taking event or just a decent chunk of it cause holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You need to do maybe 2-4%. Amazingly enough this is still about an hour of gameplay.

EDIT: for gandlethorpe and other mechanics peeps:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/xdeulq/avatar_ayaka/
Looks like an interesting change in our understanding of how weapon infusions work.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 14, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You just need to unlock the quest hub which contains a billion quests.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Ytlaya posted:

How is Dori? I haven't rolled on her, since I don't want anything else on the banners. Seems like she fills a somewhat similar niche to Shinobu.

People often say that Noelle only becomes a real character at C6, because before that the utility she provides isn't worth the team slot. But that's not strictly true; you can very much still use her in her final tank dps playstyle at C0-5, just with lower numbers. As an onfield tank dps, Dori is like that, except ACTUALLY C6 locked. Looks fun though?

As a pure support, she wants to be the Electro in a Dendro/Dendro/Electro/Support team, where both of the dendros are high DPS units, one of which is an onfielder with energy problems. And the support has to be someone so amazing that you'd be willing to get rid of Fischl. So something like Dendro Eula + Dendro Fischl, and a Kazuha-level support for dendro. Unfortunately those characters don't actually exist yet so stay tuned.

As a Hyperbloom enabler she is functional but annoying. If you wanna use Jean you have no crowd control, if you wanna have crowd control then Shinobu is much easier to build, use, and trigger.

Overload is bad. Electocharge doesn't need her. I don't play Superconduct and even if I did I don't own Eula.

I think her INTENDED role is in a Cyno/DMC/Support/Dori hypercarry team, using the aranara claymore to feed Cyno a leaf and then battery him. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, we'll see.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Dori's C6 doesn't do anything...

Dori is an electro healer that dorsnt have to hug enemies to gain healing. I like her better with Tigh than kuki for example.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It lets her heal outside of her expensive burst. And infused claymore swings are a more reliable trigger for hyperbloom, if that ends up being a thing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/systksjsonic/status/1569285695633772544

Good boy

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Please remember to use old.reddit whenever you need to link to the site, current/default reddit layout is trash and inferior in every way that matters for content consumption.

Not quite that well stocked, but I'm also well along the path of madness in leveling all characters to 90 8/8/8 -_-

It's dumb that the conversion option only lets you do same-boss-different-material. Simply allowing conversion to a random material from a different boss (kind of like artifact strongboxing but 1:1 instead of 5:1) would be a better experience for newer players who may not have access to certain weekly bosses yet but just pulled a shiny new character, as well as old players who have tons of old drops that will never be used.

Likewise for talent books and weapon materials. Just let us farm the domains we want to farm and spend some dust/glitter to enable conversion between all of them, even if you limit them to the same region (which I don't like the idea of).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Turbo controller is cheating

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Turbo controller is cheating

git gud

https://twitter.com/SystksjSonic/status/1562011142645751809

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

thats ridiculous

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So for building Kokomi if I go 4-piece millelith I probably want: healing circlet, Hydro goblet, and HP sands.

My options are:
1) Grind millelith for Kokomi (and Fischl)
2) Grind clam for Kokomi
3) Mix-and-match 2-piece maiden / HoD sets

Zhongli and Shinobu are my only 4-piece millelith users so Kokomi can stay 4-piece millelith. But if I finish a millelith set for Fischl then suddenly I dont want millelith on Kokomi anymore. Slight conundrum there. :ohdear: The other option is 2-piece sets. If I'm mixing HoD and maidens should I consider swapping either my healing circlet or hydro goblet for HP? I already get some healing bonus and hydro dmg from those sets.

Sucks I've spent a year on VV/maidens collecting my hoard of EM maidens artifacts. I've pruned only the 'best' maiden pieces for future healers which all have some crit rate/dmg. I never imagined a future healer that cannot crit. Even Barbara likes her crits. Surely I'd want crit rate for the favonius weapons! :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

EDIT: nm, I thought millelith stacked but apparently it doesn't. I guess the same type of buff never stacks (ie, 2 bennetts in co-op) unless specifically mentioned?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 14, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This patch has made more sets valuable. No longer are we stuck to the severed fates mines.

It does kinda feel weird having to farm a thundering fury sets for Keqing and maybe an EM one for Raiden

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm amused by how extremely easy the Deepwood Memories/Gilded Dreams domain is. Some artifact domains require some effort but that one just feels like an overworld encounter and just falls right over.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm amused by how extremely easy the Deepwood Memories/Gilded Dreams domain is. Some artifact domains require some effort but that one just feels like an overworld encounter and just falls right over.

My characters are constantly bleeding everywhere during the ocean clam one and I have to feed them some hash browns before finishing it every time

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The mobs in the deepwood domain are suuper aggro if you don't have anything to stop them. Of course, quite a lot stops them, including tighnari's fat clouds.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kale posted:

So do I need to do that whole giganto Aranayaka quest line to be able to do part iv of the picture taking event or just a decent chunk of it cause holy poo poo.

Thats good. I got to the part where Rana who I'm starting to assume is actually an Aranara who forgot shes not a human or something, ended up in a cocoon basically and the Part 2 title card popped up.

Can't imagine there's too much more too unlock the hub if its only supposed to take like an hour.

e: I screwed up and quoted myself but thanks person who told me what I needed to do

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 14, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

Dori's C6 doesn't do anything...

At C6, thundering fury Dori can be an onfield tank dps. It's true, the people on the internet told me so.

The big new dendro team that waz causing a splash was Keqing/Fischl/Dendro/Sucrose. Well since there's no dendro healer you either take the dps hit by using a healing anemo, or you can replace Keqing with C6 Dori. Aggravate is designed to boost electros with low move values and raw stats, after all.

Or so they say.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

So for building Kokomi if I go 4-piece millelith I probably want: healing circlet, Hydro goblet, and HP sands.

My options are:
1) Grind millelith for Kokomi (and Fischl)
2) Grind clam for Kokomi
3) Mix-and-match 2-piece maiden / HoD sets

Zhongli and Shinobu are my only 4-piece millelith users so Kokomi can stay 4-piece millelith. But if I finish a millelith set for Fischl then suddenly I dont want millelith on Kokomi anymore. Slight conundrum there. :ohdear: The other option is 2-piece sets. If I'm mixing HoD and maidens should I consider swapping either my healing circlet or hydro goblet for HP? I already get some healing bonus and hydro dmg from those sets.

Sucks I've spent a year on VV/maidens collecting my hoard of EM maidens artifacts. I've pruned only the 'best' maiden pieces for future healers which all have some crit rate/dmg. I never imagined a future healer that cannot crit. Even Barbara likes her crits. Surely I'd want crit rate for the favonius weapons! :v:
grind clam. You’ve already raised all of her talents, taken her final ascension and given her her best 4 star dps weapon (outside hakuhin ring taser teams), give her the clam set to see her really pop off.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/kidachi_p/status/1569991221564801025

Garrand fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 15, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

sushibandit posted:

would be a better experience for newer players who may not have access to certain weekly bosses yet but just pulled a shiny new character, as well as old players who have tons of old drops that will never be used.

It's probably easier to unlock the bosses than it is to reach the point where you need/care about their drops to raise talent levels? You'd have to do a lot of grinding while ignoring the story, and grinding is less efficient at lower Adventure Rank anyway so you'd be wasting quite a bit of time.

That said, I don't know exactly how fast Adventure Rank increases relative to reaching Inazuma or whatever.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 15, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clarste posted:

It's probably easier to unlock the bosses than it is to reach the point where you need/care about their drops to raise talent levels? You'd have to do a lot of grinding while ignoring the story, and grinding is less efficient at lower Adventure Rank anyway so you'd be wasting quite a bit of time.

That said, I don't know exactly how fast Adventure Rank increases relative to reaching Inazuma or whatever.

I wanna say I was Adventure Rabk 30 or so when I got to Inazuma. The last few levels of talent up materials are far less of an issue than ascension materials from there. Heck I'm now running level 80 content and doing ok with most of my skills <5. A lot of Inazuma's design makes sense from when it was trickled out, but is trickier to navigate with everything on the map but no direction about what quests and stories open it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
These talking plants sure like to talk. A lot.

After Aranyaka Part 3 there's Part 4. :stare:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the forest will remember :unsmith:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

I wanna say I was Adventure Rabk 30 or so when I got to Inazuma. The last few levels of talent up materials are far less of an issue than ascension materials from there. Heck I'm now running level 80 content and doing ok with most of my skills <5. A lot of Inazuma's design makes sense from when it was trickled out, but is trickier to navigate with everything on the map but no direction about what quests and stories open it.
100%. I've been badly neglecting my talent levels (the game really encourages you to prioritize ascension) so I still haven't gotten to the point where I need weekly boss drops for any of them. What did make for a really bad experience was rolling Shinobu as my very first standard banner 4-star and having to scrounge together Naku Weed from Yoimiya's trial event and Spectral Husks from stardust before I could ascend her at all... and then being stuck at level 40/40 forever because I couldn't get to the Ruin Serpent. You don't even have the option to level your talents until A2!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sanctum posted:

They make a lot of jokes about how Paimon can't tell any of them apart because all their names sound the same, but I have to say I also felt the same way and it quickly became hard to care about any of them in particular.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I only remembered a few names, but whenever I would SEE the Aranara in question I would usually vaguely remember "oh that's the aranara we did so-and-so with" and feel confident enough in proceeding

kind of like how it is in a dream

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The real problem is their cuisine

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Serious question I haven't got too far into the Aranara quests but is there a banana Aranara?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

They knew it would be a problem which is why the two actually majorly important Aranara have the easiest to remember names. It also feels somewhat intentional considering the whole theme of memories and such.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I don't remember any Aranara's name, but I love them all. Especially the grumpy ones.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sanctum posted:

Part 4 is thankfully just a denouement. That's French for "when the villain gets it".

I felt Aranyaka was pretty good as the region-exploring mechanic-unlocking quest for this first patch. It just keeps going mostly because the map just keeps going; I didn't feel like I was doing a whole lot of redundant back and forth. There's even a dedicated adventure journal!

Clarste posted:

They make a lot of jokes about how Paimon can't tell any of them apart because all their names sound the same, but I have to say I also felt the same way and it quickly became hard to care about any of them in particular.

Most of who I felt were the important recurring Aranara had names that were notably short or notably long. Everybody else was mostly a one-off, until Festival Utsava at least but then all of the ones from the same quest tended to hang out together.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Glazius posted:

Part 4 is thankfully just a denouement. That's French for "when the villain gets it".

I felt Aranyaka was pretty good as the region-exploring mechanic-unlocking quest for this first patch. It just keeps going mostly because the map just keeps going; I didn't feel like I was doing a whole lot of redundant back and forth. There's even a dedicated adventure journal!

Most of who I felt were the important recurring Aranara had names that were notably short or notably long. Everybody else was mostly a one-off, until Festival Utsava at least but then all of the ones from the same quest tended to hang out together.

"We've implemented morrowind's quest log, on top of your regular quest log. Also it's an item, and your only notice that it's updated is a little mark on the item description." I can't say I'm a fan of the book. It is a pretty good way to convince you to explore regions, but only very small parts of that region. I had to go back through those dungeons to find the last teleport, because it was "up" instead of "forward," where the quest points you. And even then I've still got a cave that isn't fully drained and a door blocking my way out of a cave with no apparent way to open it.

I also glossed over all their names, but that's because they're not terribly important. They're little plantmen you have to do chores for, in between paimon paimonning all over the drat place, with a periodic reminder that you're actually doing all this for a reason. Doesn't much matter who's who, just gotta find the guy in the area and do what he asks.

Even if it's a stealth mission, for some idiot reason.

Lobsterpillar posted:

Serious question I haven't got too far into the Aranara quests but is there a banana Aranara?

Maybe if you mess with your color settings you can make one of the green ones look banana-y.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I just pulled aquila favonia from the standard banner and jesus christ, phys damage bonus? who uses this heap?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

padijun posted:

I just pulled aquila favonia from the standard banner and jesus christ, phys damage bonus? who uses this heap?

I think early on in development they assumed you would just be randomly normal attacking with everyone for no reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

padijun posted:

Early-game Keqing would appreciate it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's good on bennet because it has a high atk stat and bennet doesn't really care about the rest

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Benny also gets some use out of it since he just cares about base attack and it's got a pretty the highest possible. e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It does remind me that it's odd that we don't have any physical-focused sword characters like Eula.