Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1569658353772802050?t=sjhqpTbwgR0UqEIEECVBoQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Truly, God is Dead.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Platystemon posted:

How is air pressure in plastic being described as a “detonation”?

This isn’t, like, a tank for SCUBA that can take a couple hundred atmospheres.

"Container (possibly violently) ruptured from overpressure" doesn't inspire as much fear.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I sentence everyone involved in this story with one week of hard time in Hardspace: Shipbreaker.

https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1570065862127923204?t=1oFZvJ5Sdf6Y7WnvjxjkVw&s=19

My one complaint about Shipbreaker is that the system you're placed in isn't exploitive enough. While the debt the corporation buries you under is nuts, shipbreaking is so profitable that it's completely realistic to work off the debt in about three months of in game time. After that, you're rolling in dough.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

A.o.D. posted:

My one complaint about Shipbreaker is that the system you're placed in isn't exploitive enough. While the debt the corporation buries you under is nuts, shipbreaking is so profitable that it's completely realistic to work off the debt in about three months of in game time. After that, you're rolling in dough.

They kill you in the intro, and all the work is performed by clone(s) you. Who's to say they ever let you retire, they could just spin up a new clone that thinks it's 1 billion in debt

I haven't played the last story update though, dunno if any of that is addressed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Xakura posted:

They kill you in the intro, and all the work is performed by clone(s) you. Who's to say they ever let you retire, they could just spin up a new clone that thinks it's 1 billion in debt

I haven't played the last story update though, dunno if any of that is addressed.

Its true that you're killed in the first 60 seconds of the story, but if they were pulling a Moon (the amazing 00s sci Fi movie) then victory through striking would have been impossible. They would have just killed everyone and started over.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Xakura posted:

They closed out the story line:

They completed the story, so eventually the rear end in a top hat manager they bring in pushes everyone too hard and punishes on of your friends, so they start 'striking' by destroying valuable salvage and the one salvager that is always messing up gets mad and chucks a reactor into the furnace and blows up his salvage yard, attracting the attention of a bunch of other groups who force the corporation to give into the unions demands. Once that happens you are capable of paying off your loans and leaving, even as the clone, but yeah its open ended if they just clone you again and put your clone back to work

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A.o.D. posted:

Its true that you're killed in the first 60 seconds of the story, but if they were pulling a Moon (the amazing 00s sci Fi movie) then victory through striking would have been impossible. They would have just killed everyone and started over.

Well hey, uplifting stories are cool too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hardspace: Shipbreaker is a good game and should be played by anyone that can handle 360 degree free rotation in zero G.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A.o.D. posted:

Hardspace: Shipbreaker is a good game and should be played by anyone that can handle 360 degree free rotation in zero G.

Is it VR compatible for full vomit induction?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Arrath posted:

"Container (possibly violently) ruptured from overpressure" doesn't inspire as much fear.

It terrifies the poo poo out of me when its gas.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

Is it VR compatible for full vomit induction?

No, but it would be perfect for VR, the problem is you need to be able to aim the tools separate from your vision.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Shipbreaker isn't on gamepass for another 5~ days.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

No one is talking about the Rail Strike that could potentially cripple the economy on Friday? Sick sick sick

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html

CNN posted:

But there are no alternatives to move the freight carried on rail. The American Trucking Associations issued a statement saying that it would require more than 460,000 additional long-haul trucks every day, which it said "is not possible based on equipment availability and an existing shortage of 80,000 drivers." It called on Congress to act to keep the railroad workers on the job, saying the trucking system itself depends on sharing shipments with the railroads.

I work UPS adjacent and it's been a nightmare all week

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

"During the presidency of President Donald Trump, it became evident to me that the prophecies about the Son of Man, as predicted by Jesus in the Bible were, to a significant extent, fulfilled at the hands of Mr Trump.

The Bible speaks about two different Christs—or Messiahs. Jesus, the Son of God is the one Christ, whereas the Son of Man is the other. Jesus always referred to the Son of Man in the third person. The greatest distinction or significance between the Son of Man and the Son of God (the Lamb) is their respective positions at the throne of God. There are numerous differences between the Son of God and the Son of Man, but overall, people read these scriptures and they do not realize that the Son of God (the Lamb) stands in front of the throne of God, whereas the Son of Man, is positioned on the right hand of God. Jesus spoke about two different killings in the four gospels of the New Testament. People read these scriptures and are unaware that Jesus (the Son of God) predicted his own killing in the first person, as opposed to the several prophecies that He made in respects to the Son of Man who will be crucified.

The New Testament speaks about “two Kings;” Jesus, the Son of God, is the “King of the Jews,” whereas the Son of Man is the “King of Kings” who will be a world-ruler, and He will rule all the nations (the tribes) of the earth with a rod of iron.

This book will explain in depth how “Donald John Trump’s” full name literally means: “The Ruler of the World, graced by Yahweh (the LORD) and a descendant of a Drummer.”

Upon reading this book, the reader will be captivated when they realize how President Donald John Trump fulfilled most of the prophecies as the Son of Man. It speaks about End Time Prophecies and Biblical revelations regarding “President Donald J. Trump, the Son of Man. The Christ.”

About the Author
Helgard Müller grew up amidst the majestic scenery surrounding a small town called Louis Trichardt, at the foothills of the Soutpansberg Mountains in the Transvaal province of South Africa. As a young boy, he loved the Apartheid era South Africa, and while growing up, was fascinated with the Bible. Those were the days, my friend; we thought they would never end. In his lifetime, since early childhood, he has and researched numerous Bibles literally into shreds, addicted to and driven in his search to finding the hidden code within the scriptures, which led to his gigantic finding about The Five Gods of the Bible.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

joat mon posted:

which led to his gigantic finding about The Five Gods of the Bible.

Sounds like heresy to me

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Carteret posted:

No one is talking about the Rail Strike that could potentially cripple the economy on Friday? Sick sick sick

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html

Something about your link is all hosed up.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Xakura posted:

Sounds like heresy to me
https://outskirtspress.com/thefivegodsofthebible
It's only heresy if it doesn't support your cultural/political worldview. See also, premillennial dispensationalism

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Carteret posted:

Hmm, a series of infrastructure and enterprises vital to the nation being disrupted because private ownership prioritizes personal wealth extraction over the functioning of the nation. Sounds like there's a compelling interest to tell them to go gently caress themselves sideways with a rusty cactus and transfer that ownership to something else, possibly a little more national.

lol just kidding, in the sage words of one Gambino, "This is America".

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
They worshipped Bush the Lesser too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Thanks, mobile posting

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/09/13/dont-do-it-senior-leaders-say-soldiers-should-stop-taking-mandatory-online-classes.html

Uhhhhh. I had to triple check this wasn't duffleblog. Incredible advice.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Marine Corps units often tied holiday leave to completion of annual training. If it wasn’t completed, your leave wasn’t approved.

After 20 years of the same classes, I got really good at finding the points I could skip to in videos and still trigger the switch that said I watched it and could mash through all the answers very quickly.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Even easier was just right clicking the certificate pdf, edit text, and put whatever name and date you wanted on it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I covered an entire (outer) wall of my cubicle with training certs one year. That year I think I had over 30 courses assigned to me. I mean why send me certs if not to print them out??

Just to highlight what a goddamn waste of time it all was.

Don't accept bribes, don't offer bribes, don't bully, don't harass, don't go to sporting events with tickets from vendors, and don't click on fishy links. Got it.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Hekk posted:

Marine Corps units often tied holiday leave to completion of annual training. If it wasn’t completed, your leave wasn’t approved.

After 20 years of the same classes, I got really good at finding the points I could skip to in videos and still trigger the switch that said I watched it and could mash through all the answers very quickly.

I've seen similar in the Army.

What always got me, was how "check the box" the training was. I never learned anything from the training. In fact, I spent most of my for that "training" figuring out when to push the magic button to give me credit with minimal effort on my part.

But hey, if Joe isn't told by the internet not to rape someone, they will.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
OH MY GOD

WHAT IS HE DOING WITH HIS rear end

https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1570105023052365825?t=LKSFHARNXyQ6pCt0RAYKEA&s=19

quote:

Seesaw, which according to its website is used by 10 million teachers, students and family members, declined to say how many users were affected.

--

Chris Krampert, whose children are in elementary school in Florida, provided NBC News with a screengrab showing his wife’s account sending the image, which automatically displayed in the chat, to horrified parents. The image was an infamous meme photo of a man engaged in an explicit act.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my omicron booster yesterday and the usual chills and fatigue hit me this morning. Fun fun fun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Arrath posted:

I covered an entire (outer) wall of my cubicle with training certs one year. That year I think I had over 30 courses assigned to me. I mean why send me certs if not to print them out??

Just to highlight what a goddamn waste of time it all was.

Don't accept bribes, don't offer bribes, don't bully, don't harass, don't go to sporting events with tickets from vendors, and don't click on fishy links. Got it.

You failed.
Did we really have to make it explicit to not rape?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Got my omicron booster yesterday and the usual chills and fatigue hit me this morning. Fun fun fun.

On a Thursday shot, my arm got hosed for about three days and I was sleepy for two. Then yesterday I suddenly got non-COVID sinus bullshit. I'm sure running a Thursday afternoon 5K and a Sunday timed 5K didn't help things :v:

Consistently about twice as bad as a flu shot for me. I'll get the flu shot in another week or two, I didn't want to get both at the same time and be flatlined for the Sunday race.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

You failed.
Did we really have to make it explicit to not rape?

Sorry I'm not mil, so rape wasn't explicitly covered in the training. Just sexual harassment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Arrath posted:

Sorry I'm not mil, so rape wasn't explicitly covered in the training. Just sexual harassment.

Also don’t traffic humans.
There’s a reason we do these videos.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

joat mon posted:

"During the presidency of President Donald Trump, it became evident to me that the prophecies about the Son of Man, as predicted by Jesus in the Bible were, to a significant extent, fulfilled at the hands of Mr Trump.

The Bible speaks about two different Christs—or Messiahs. Jesus, the Son of God is the one Christ, whereas the Son of Man is the other. Jesus always referred to the Son of Man in the third person. The greatest distinction or significance between the Son of Man and the Son of God (the Lamb) is their respective positions at the throne of God. There are numerous differences between the Son of God and the Son of Man, but overall, people read these scriptures and they do not realize that the Son of God (the Lamb) stands in front of the throne of God, whereas the Son of Man, is positioned on the right hand of God. Jesus spoke about two different killings in the four gospels of the New Testament. People read these scriptures and are unaware that Jesus (the Son of God) predicted his own killing in the first person, as opposed to the several prophecies that He made in respects to the Son of Man who will be crucified.

The New Testament speaks about “two Kings;” Jesus, the Son of God, is the “King of the Jews,” whereas the Son of Man is the “King of Kings” who will be a world-ruler, and He will rule all the nations (the tribes) of the earth with a rod of iron.

Monophysitism, ooo that's a paddlin'

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

Its a pretty Nothing Matters situation though. Unless people like Lindell, specifically, themselves, end up in jail it's a range from meaningless to counter productive. If a low level flunky/true believing idiot gets bagged that's just a bigger bloody t-shirt they get to wave for the rest of the braying MAGA masses. Until the loudest mouths start suffering consequences everything is a bonus for them.

Which is not to say that it's guaranteed to go positively for everyone else if they do start getting nailed. Not a major leap to see some of these fuckers publish "My Struggles; An autobiography of how I learned to hate the liberals" and repeat history from there. It's at least a better chance of shutting their poo poo down than what's going on now though.

Jailing low level flunkies will definitely have a chilling effect on all of the mid level operators, who will be forced to recognize that their masters can't or won't protect them from the fallout of their illegal actions. It's not a solution to the problem, but it is definitely another obstacle for these brain-dead fucks to deal with. It also ups the profile of everyone involved, which will likely make subsequent investigations more severe and better funded.

Beyond that, paying for a competent attorney to deal with a federal investigation quickly raps up 6 figure +++ expenses. It's an immense amount of pressure to be under. The tried and true method of catching a big fish is to roll up their flunkies and turn them into CIs.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 14, 2022

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Look, mandated training is best handled by the lowest person you stuck on the 2000-2400 watch in exchange for some cans of dip. At my last unit we just had a binder with everyone's login, and the answers, and the watchstander would log in, take the trainings and reap their reward.

The main thing that galled me about the article is like, if your people are spending too much time on don't human traffic training and not enough on hoorah warfighting then change it like only those in command can change that.

It's like the driver of bus with his foot on the brake wishing his trip would go faster.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

shame on an IGA posted:

Monophysitism, ooo that's a paddlin'

Well that's something I've not heard of in a long time

e:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1569860552041562112?s=20&t=_enN0FP8pjhxs6qPFbKQyw

That Works fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 14, 2022

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Elendil004 posted:

Look, mandated training is best handled by the lowest person you stuck on the 2000-2400 watch in exchange for some cans of dip. At my last unit we just had a binder with everyone's login, and the answers, and the watchstander would log in, take the trainings and reap their reward.

The main thing that galled me about the article is like, if your people are spending too much time on don't human traffic training and not enough on hoorah warfighting then change it like only those in command can change that.

It's like the driver of bus with his foot on the brake wishing his trip would go faster.

Wha? The Military... doing something stupid?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The company I work for just hired a few ex Navy and AF people who worked on NKO and whatever the AF equivalent is to make our CBTs.

RIP my job.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Elviscat posted:

The company I work for just hired a few ex Navy and AF people who worked on NKO and whatever the AF equivalent is to make our CBTs.

RIP my job.

I’m not sure how I could resist pointing out how lovely they were or baring that punching them in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
drat vets horning in on our cock and ball torture