Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
One of my favorite part of these trials are always the little throwaway comments that gets picked up by the stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr. Nice! posted:

they did have some advertising revenue and it supported them for a long time before he started selling supplements. now they are the vast majority of income, but they still get some advertising dollars (or did up til 2018).

Like he certainly got a bunch of trump campaign money.

Don’t they still get some advertising money from shady BUY GOLD NOW kinds of businesses, or does InfoWars just sell its own overvalued commemorative coins now?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Mattei is fine but I miss Mark

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

They are coming they are coming they are coming

:gizz:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't know if it's because Reynal was so bad, but I thought Bankston was the poo poo. This lawyer does not nearly seem as charismatic or enjoyable to watch. Why does he keep loving up the exhibit numbers?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I don't know if it's because Reynal was so bad, but I thought Bankston was the poo poo. This lawyer does not nearly seem as charismatic or enjoyable to watch. Why does he keep loving up the exhibit numbers?

Mark Bankston is an excellent lawyer, this guy is good not great.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Is it possible being extra argumentative is part of the legal strategy here since they are in CT and it's a safer bet that everyone there thinks Info Wars/FSS can go gently caress themselves?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I think he's hitting the 'righteous anger' note a bit too hard on occasion but this lady is looking very weaselly in response so she's not sympathetic

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This witness is loving awful. I wonder how I get paid $37k to be a smug rear end in a top hat

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

This witness is loving awful. I wonder how I get paid $37k to be a smug rear end in a top hat

Yeah basically this is the corporate rep they needed from the beginning weaselly poo poo who is intentionally kept in the dark to not talk about this stuff.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1570137912767049728

She sent amessage asking for it and then did nothing else when she got no response

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Piell posted:

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1570137912767049728

She sent amessage asking for it and then did nothing else when she got no response

Because thats her job in all this, professionally to know as little as humanly possible but make it not sanctionable.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Holy gently caress Pattis is going to get held in contempt by the end of this trial.

E: objected while sitting down. SIDE BAR.

E2: v something to the affect of ‘you will not disrespect me in this court.’

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 14, 2022

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
ooh dis getting good. Sidebar slamdown!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

red19fire posted:

Holy gently caress Pattis is going to get held in contempt by the end of this trial.

Did you hear any of the side bar? I have trouble with whispery voices :(

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

red19fire posted:

Lol standing when you are speaking to a judge is like day one poo poo. Like you at least need to appear to start standing up, sitting there like a jackass is very very rude

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

KitConstantine posted:

Did you hear any of the side bar? I have trouble with whispery voices :(

She was basically admonishing him about disrespecting her after her statement that he should stand when objecting

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
I haven't been paying super close attention today but he kept calling her "ma'am" yesterday instead of "your honor."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Norm Pattis looks like poo poo and also should be on a FBI watch list plus not allowed near public schools.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JaneError posted:

Brittany Paz, FSS "corporate representative" (she was hired randomly and had no preexisting relationship with the company).

wild she's still around, I thought they just brought her in for that one deposition earlier in the year

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

JaneError posted:

Casually admitting that all the crypto donations go directly to Alex, not the company.
Crucially an overlooked point just before that is where she says unprovoked that Free Speech Systems internally uses Free Speech Systems and InfoWars interchangeably. No one seems to have caught it as it wasn't brought up later though.

SalTheBard posted:

$30k up front, she bartered from $20k. Should have added more zeros, especially since she mentioned putting in at least one more invoice and not getting paid for it.

As far as her work history goes she said she worked for Pattis from 2012 to 2018 and called it a 5 year period, so presumably 5.5y-ish. Then January 2022 she gets asked to take this job 2 weeks before she was deposed, and based off of her statements today she was given clips of videos with no context and told to take it as the truth. Also claims to have never heard of Jones, FSS, InfoWars, etc prior to taking the job which is questionable.

Interested in what she produces tomorrow or if she 'attempted' the 'request' but it was just too high a bar for her.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Sir Tonk posted:

wild she's still around, I thought they just brought her in for that one deposition earlier in the year

See I was surprised that Daria was still on the stand as a corporate representative in the TX case after she had been replaced by Paz.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tree Dude posted:

See I was surprised that Daria was still on the stand as a corporate representative in the TX case after she had been replaced by Paz.

It seems like FSS and Infowars isn't a well organized operation after all

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SalTheBard posted:

Paid $30k and billed $7500 that has not been paid.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sir Tonk posted:

It’s just Jones and his dad doing things, although his dad works more on the store side of things.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

At this point they're pretty much dropshippers with a conspiracy show-themed advertising

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yeah I mean she's ghoulish but she at least knows what she is allowed to say she knows, doesn't remember, or wasn't told (she got called out for speculating at least once by Chris, but a lot of his questions were speculative and objected to as well). She threw Alex and Norm under the bus a bit for not contacting her or giving her full information and basically admitted that she also didn't reach out to them... And hadn't tried to obtain and watch a video she was asked about in her deposition six months ago. She, unlike Daria, claims to have viewed all videos in evidence she has access to and was willing to admit to Alex's conspiracy based marketing strategy.

Daria said, in response to a jurer's question, she believed the trial was a staged event. iirc it took two admonitions from the judge to get Daria to respond yes/no

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 15, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm interested to see if she can bring that Bloomberg email, however I think she will "not be able to find it"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So i had to step away from the stream because I found out my work stiffed me on pay and I had to go fix it. What were the highlights of today?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah I mean she's ghoulish but she at least knows what she is allowed to say she knows, doesn't remember, or wasn't told (she got called out for speculating at least once by Chris, but a lot of his questions were speculative and objected to as well). She threw Alex and Norm under the bus a bit for not contacting her or giving her full information and basically admitted that she also didn't reach out to them... And hadn't tried to obtain and watch a video she was asked about in her deposition six months ago. She, unlike Daria, claims to have viewed all videos in evidence she has access to and was willing to admit to Alex's conspiracy based marketing strategy.

Daria said, in response to a jurer's question, she believed the trial was a staged event. iirc it took two admonitions from the judge to get Daria to respond yes/no

Daria gets paid $120k/yr to do what she does. Paz got $30k once and is still waiting on Jones to pay her the rest of what he owes her. I can definitely see them being two different types of witnesses just based on that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BigRed0427 posted:

So i had to step away from the stream because I found out my work stiffed me on pay and I had to go fix it. What were the highlights of today?

Despite routinely claiming that they don't use google analytics, they have quite a bit of data from them on their media kits, and the corporate rep has no clue where that info comes from.

The judge yelled at Norm for sitting while addressing the court and talking back to her afterwards.

Nothing super flashy or super sad today. Just a skilled lawyer schooling a piss poor lawyer who was paid a pittance to be a patsy for Jones.

Raxkor
Jan 19, 2013

What the actual or implied fuck?!
"I don't know"
"I don't remember"
"That's what it says"

My eye is twitching with this lawyer woman.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I did have a professor who once said if you're ever in court on the witness stand the only answers you want to give are "yes", "no" and "I don't know"

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I've i'm ever on the stand I would just continually ask them to rephrase the question and say I don't understand.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So is today the day that the defense gets thrown out of court for contempt? How much longer can the Judge's patience hold out?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Randalor posted:

So is today the day that the defense gets thrown out of court for contempt? How much longer can the Judge's patience hold out?

I think it'll be the day that the defense starts presenting their out witnesses that poo poo will really kick off. You can't really take the opposing party's witness to sanctions-town the way that you can when you're questioning Alex

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Couple livetweets and the youtube stream

https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1570412618082394115
https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1570411656311717896

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-c5t1ZkrlU

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
lol telling Pattis again that he needs to haul his carcass up in order to object

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Seems like a thing pretty difficult thing to be bad at.