Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think it looks fine but I literally can't imagine a good dash because I've seen them ruined by displays for, what, a decade now? I'd probably have to go look at, I don't know, cyberpunk 2077 dashes or other works of fiction to see anything good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
That is fug ugly. Curious to see one in person.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Christ, the spy shots weren't terrible but those leaks are indeed terrible.

I want the S550 back.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Every S550 owners resale value just went up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol man I am so loving glad I got my Mach 1 before this poo poo happened. The prices of everything on the lot just spiked 10% on the S650 announcement cause it's fug ugly.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Live reveal happening now-ish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YGKZPz4eE

E: omg revving your engine from the key fob I can't wait for my neighbors to do this 30 times a night.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 15, 2022

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Lol electronic drift break. Thread title is hyper relevant for Gen7.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

It's crazy how all the different front end treatments range from "whoa that's cool" to ":barf:"

Maybe the GT will grow on me, but I think the ecoboost and Dark Horse look a lot better.

E: yay retro gauges. These actually make me kinda giddy.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 15, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't hate it. The interior with *less* tactile buttons is not what people have been asking for.

SN-95 was still the best "late model". Fight me.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It's not bad. I love the look of my 2016 GT and the pre-facelift s550 in general, but I don't hate this.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Not seeing a single thing that would make me want to sell my 2018 for. Which has a full compliment of physical buttons.

That remote rev is the stupidest poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

opengl posted:

Not seeing a single thing that would make me want to sell my 2018 for. Which has a full compliment of physical buttons.

That remote rev is the stupidest poo poo.

Remote rev is dumb as gently caress, I like to push the gas pedal to rev thanks.

Also I'm just not a fan of the look of the thing. The facelift S550 grew on me, which is why I got one, but this thing is just a ehhhhh, also all glass dash and controls is kinda a no in my books, tactile switches are fun and good and cool, I can adjust them without taking my eyes off the road.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
The entire reveal was pretty loving cringe, like a bunch of out of touch execs being told they need to embrace streaming culture and doing the worst job possible. The "lead engineer" who was supposed to talk about performance said 480+ and only buzzwords after that, he actually said nothing of substance.

Maybe I'm just old but the entire thing felt like they were trying to market to Instagram or TikTok or some poo poo.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

These things are almost always a cringefest. I'd say this was a fairly typical "only the most dedicated of fans will tolerate this for more than 30 seconds" level of cringe.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I would take a dark horse engine. no questions asked.

The car is very Camaro looking in my opinion, the interior is awesome with me because I'm coming from an 01 interior. but more buttons and less touch panels would be my only gripe.

I also feel that the darkhorse does not look a lot meaner than the standard gt. when the newedges came out then the terminators came out, you could tell the terminators where just meaner looking cars.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

orange juche posted:

Also I'm just not a fan of the look of the thing. The facelift S550 grew on me, which is why I got one, but this thing is just a ehhhhh, also all glass dash and controls is kinda a no in my books, tactile switches are fun and good and cool, I can adjust them without taking my eyes off the road.

Agreed, I'm obviously biased but still say this is objectively nicer looking than the new one. I can do absolutely everything HVAC with physical buttons and 95% of infotainment too.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
man, the new one looks fat as hell. its got the challenger problem where a lot of the details look pretty nice, but then they hava an endless expanse of sheetmetal around it. its like they designed the car and then inflated it 20% while leaving the details the same size.

it might not even be any bigger than the S550, but at least the 550 has a cohesive design.

maybe it'll look better in person, but im not going to hold my breath

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The mid-generation facelift will probably look sick, but yeah we're kinda stuck with the S650 looking a bit like the pudgy cousin of the S550, and the S550 was already a chunky boi.

It's not quite up there with the BMW M8 "Big M8" memes, but it's close.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Mental Hospitality posted:

It's crazy how all the different front end treatments range from "whoa that's cool" to ":barf:"

Maybe the GT will grow on me, but I think the ecoboost and Dark Horse look a lot better.

E: yay retro gauges. These actually make me kinda giddy.

Only 140 MPH speedo? How wimpy.

I don't hate the styling, but I don't like it any better than my S550. It looks like a Ford Camaro.

Boo for lack of tactile buttons and switches.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

opengl posted:

Agreed, I'm obviously biased but still say this is objectively nicer looking than the new one. I can do absolutely everything HVAC with physical buttons and 95% of infotainment too.

Nice. I've got the ecoboost version of your car.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Every S550 owners resale value just went up.

Real happy I went with the manual transmission ecoboost, too

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

davecrazy posted:

I don't hate it. The interior with *less* tactile buttons is not what people have been asking for.

SN-95 was still the best "late model". Fight me.

SN-95 interior was terrible and the 4.6 was crap.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

bird with big dick posted:

True in retrospect, but remember the f-body interiors of the 90's?They made the Mustang interior look amazing. SOHC mod v8 was a bit of a turd before the PI heads though.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I have a love/hate relationship with these puddle lights.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Excuse me, those are Pony Projectors.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

toplitzin posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with these puddle lights.

Where does the hate come from?

It's silly and I love it. Not sold on the S650, I have a '20 ecoboost and was thinking about a V8 in a few years. I'll wait and see it in person, but the front and rear look kinda wonky.

Sounds like the manual is V8 only too.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

TrueChaos posted:

Where does the hate come from?

It's silly and I love it.

It's, as Terrible Robot called it, Boomer Catnip.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Heathen.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
It's true tho

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

toplitzin posted:

It's, as Terrible Robot called it, Boomer Catnip.

Can confirm, my dad thinks it's the coolest thing in the world. I think it's kind of embarrassing.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
How long did yours stay crisp? Mine were completely shredded and ragged looking by year 3.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

How long did yours stay crisp? Mine were completely shredded and ragged looking by year 3.

They still look fine but my 2018 only has 20k on it and is generally garaged.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:cool:

https://kuula.co/post/7PKZQ

Nice an simple, plus it looks like a big stupid M what else do you need?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Found and ordered another set of wheels.
Had to upsize to 19x10 instead of 9.5, but the manufacturer already called to confirm the order last night, and said the wheels should be picked up for finishing this week from their warehouse.

Much better than FEBRUARY.

I'm excited and can't wait for them to arrive.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
First mods arriving for the Shelby.

Sync3 radio package in the brown box, magnaflow carbon fiber catbacks in the black box.

Edit: these ones

mechaet fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 21, 2022

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Trying to figure out what car to buy next. Something between now and spring.

1. Another built SN95. 600-700hp, centrifugal blower, 4.6 or 5.0 I don't care. Basically my old car with an intercooler and then possibly E85. Hard top this time. Cheapest option but hardest to find.
2. 07-10 GT500. Hopefully with a TVS but I guess I can live with a tune/pulley/intake car for a summer
3. 03/04 Cobra, again with a TVS etc. Although paying upwards of $30k for a 20 year old car with a 45 year old chassis....

It's been so nice lately I've missed having one to drive. I think I'll try to drive the next one more.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Doesnt the better blower already come on the 2013s? Why not look for one of those?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m going to guess a 2013 costs double what a comparable 2007 does.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

I’m going to guess a 2013 costs double what a comparable 2007 does.

Delta is about 15k$, about 50% between 2008 and 2013 GT500s.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Terminator Cobra. Obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

davecrazy posted:

Terminator Cobra. Obviously.

Bought. Will upload some pictures later this week.