Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

VectorSigma posted:

computer, give me an excuse for being late to work

gonna need a few thousand samples of doctor's signatures for a project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the magrathean planetyards

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Awesome. Sometimes I get caught up in the details, and forget these are honest to God dream printers.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

More progress, I'm now 27 epochs deep in the PC-98 hole and have some initial results. So far it seems to have mostly just learned how to make vaguely 90s era anime.

Some highlights so far:

Also I discovered that if your subject is extremely represented in the training set (like the Mona Lisa) that turning down the CFG scale actually helps reproduce the right output. Otherwise you get what I have dubbed "color frying" where it overshoots and the whole thing goes red/yellow/magenta. For Mona Lisa specifically I had to put the CFG scale all the way down to 2-3 (from 7!) to get the approximate painting back out.

Full folder here: https://imgur.com/a/MObDoOa

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
that's badass

i wish someone would do a tune job on pixel art, it's maybe the one thing SD can't do well vs Dall-E 2

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

that's badass

i wish someone would do a tune job on pixel art, it's maybe the one thing SD can't do well vs Dall-E 2

Try this:

Positive prompt =
pixelated BARONS CYBER SKULL, pixel perfect, art by paul kelpe, intricate, elegant, highly detailed, artstation, sharp focus

Negative prompt =
((rounded corners)), messy, (childish), bad attempt, bland, plain, pencil, warped, smooth, blending, deformed, ugly, blurry, noisy, grunge, 3d, amateur, dirt, fabric, checkered, sloppy, scratchy, monotone, duotone, muted, vintage, lacking, washed out, muddy, ((((compressed)))), paper texture, mutilated, mutation, mutated

The biggest change seems to always be by prefixing "pixelated" as the first word, no amount of weighting it later in the prompt seems to help as much.

Also Paul Kelpe is a cubist artist I had never heard of, I found him by using the img2prompt interrogator on a bunch of pixel art and his name kept popping up. No idea why but it really does help. :shrug:

Also, mentioning things like "8bit" "16bit", "NES", "SNES", etc. universally turns out garbage prompts so avoid those for the 1.4 model at least. Maybe it will be better later.

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 15, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So when do we get high quality AI audio from text prompts?

I want a nice easy source for samples like “avalanche of resonant metal tubes” “psychedelic sitars, discordant, seamless drone” “amen break played by explosions and small arms fire”

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
fun with img2img

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Snowy posted:

So when do we get high quality AI audio from text prompts?

I want a nice easy source for samples like “avalanche of resonant metal tubes” “psychedelic sitars, discordant, seamless drone” “amen break played by explosions and small arms fire”

I feel like we're not all that many years away from AI-generated music that is indistinguishable from human-composed and performed music, including lyrics/vocals. That's weirdly unsettling to me in a way that the exact same thing with visual art isn't.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

WhiteHowler posted:

I feel like we're not all that many years away from AI-generated music that is indistinguishable from human-composed and performed music, including lyrics/vocals. That's weirdly unsettling to me in a way that the exact same thing with visual art isn't.

OpenAI published a song thing in 2020. It's kinda rough but close enough to good that I'm surprised we aren't there now 2 years later.

You can read about it and listen to some samples here:
https://openai.com/blog/jukebox/

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

WhiteHowler posted:

AI music is basically already here. Its just not easily accessible to the public at the moment.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
I spent quite a while playing with AIVA (AI midi generation) a few months ago and it's just ok.

Like our eyes are much better at smoothing over and filling in AI glitches in images, than our ears are at doing the same for music.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZrSAZEIeY

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mola Yam posted:

I spent quite a while playing with AIVA (AI midi generation) a few months ago and it's just ok.

Like our eyes are much better at smoothing over and filling in AI glitches in images, than our ears are at doing the same for music.

At the same time, music is much easier to reduce down to simple numbers and patterns. Garage band has already been doing a lot of this for like a decade. The only reason ai music isn't light years ahead of visuals is just a matter of attention and focus to develop it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I was pretty drat pleased with that old infinite jukebox thing where it analysed a song and looked for parts that could be flawlessly looped, so your favourite song could be played continuously in a new way for as long as it took for you to hate it. Anything even vaguely superior to that is just cream on top.

e: oh hey, it still lives! https://eternalbox.dev/jukebox_index.html

Gromit fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 15, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Objective Action posted:

Try this:

Positive prompt =
pixelated BARONS CYBER SKULL, pixel perfect, art by paul kelpe, intricate, elegant, highly detailed, artstation, sharp focus

Negative prompt =
((rounded corners)), messy, (childish), bad attempt, bland, plain, pencil, warped, smooth, blending, deformed, ugly, blurry, noisy, grunge, 3d, amateur, dirt, fabric, checkered, sloppy, scratchy, monotone, duotone, muted, vintage, lacking, washed out, muddy, ((((compressed)))), paper texture, mutilated, mutation, mutated

The biggest change seems to always be by prefixing "pixelated" as the first word, no amount of weighting it later in the prompt seems to help as much.

Also Paul Kelpe is a cubist artist I had never heard of, I found him by using the img2prompt interrogator on a bunch of pixel art and his name kept popping up. No idea why but it really does help. :shrug:

Also, mentioning things like "8bit" "16bit", "NES", "SNES", etc. universally turns out garbage prompts so avoid those for the 1.4 model at least. Maybe it will be better later.

not exactly pixel art but still rad

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

IShallRiseAgain posted:

AI music is basically already here. Its just not easily accessible to the public at the moment.

Microsoft tried to launch Songsmith back in the 00s. It was sold as a tool to quickly put together musical backgrounds from just singning. It was a sonic dumpster fire.

MS own commercial. Note the MacBook with a sticker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oGFogwcx-E

Of course people had a lot of fun with it before it was quietly thrown in the memory hole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0l7f25bhU

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 15, 2022

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

axolotl farmer posted:

Microsoft tried to launch Songsmith back in the 00s. It was sold as a tool to quickly put together musical backgrounds from just singning. It was a sonic dumpster fire.

MS own commercial. Note the MacBook with a sticker.
https://youtu.be/3oGFogwcx-E

Of course people had a lot of fun with it before it was quietly thrown in the memory hole.
https://youtu.be/mg0l7f25bhU

The fact that it uses the same exact song as the commercial has me rolling

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

New AI on Huggingface: ERNIE-ViLG, a chinese AI that won't let you make pictures of controversial things like Tianmen Square

https://huggingface.co/spaces/PaddlePaddle/ERNIE-ViLG

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
:rock: Owns

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

axolotl farmer posted:

I get it that it's more advanced cuz it's automatically matching the singing but I just hear Play It! In Microsoft Plus for Kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr8tBxAvW_c&t=1868s

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

:hmmyes:
Marvel at the wonders of AI music!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBaA-iTYwi4

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The world is not ready for the wonder that is AI music.

High effort attempt at putting Eurovision out of business:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKAf6YX_7M

Songsmith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22AWPW5s4EA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmC28cXWqLc

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The only thing holding AI music back is the same thing that was holding back AI image gen: the corps who have all the money

SD was 800,000 USD worth of training given out for free, you cannot imagine how insanely mad that’s making the tech assholes who run “Open” AI

Now, imagine you are the already astonishingly shady recording industry and how badly you absolutely do not loving want something like SD for music being out there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
yeah take a look the price on music gear and software and it become obvious why free music AI isn't widely available. there are lots of very fancy synth plugins to buy though!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

The only thing holding AI music back is the same thing that was holding back AI image gen: the corps who have all the money

SD was 800,000 USD worth of training given out for free, you cannot imagine how insanely mad that’s making the tech assholes who run “Open” AI

Now, imagine you are the already astonishingly shady recording industry and how badly you absolutely do not loving want something like SD for music being out there

This is an extremely good point

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 20, 2023

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

im fuzzy on SD's history, but isn't it something like a wealthy libertarian techbro going "woooo free internet! free movement of ideas! Here I spent 1 million on this pet project and now am releasing it for free for the world to enjoy!" while his peers looks at him dubiously thinking "dude, you can say it but you should never do it"?

So basically we lucked out thanks to a good idiot?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Popoto posted:

im fuzzy on SD's history, but isn't it something like a wealthy libertarian techbro going "woooo free internet! free movement of ideas! Here I spent 1 million on this pet project and now am releasing it for free for the world to enjoy!" while his peers looks at him dubiously thinking "dude, you can say it but you should never do it"?

So basically we lucked out thanks to a good idiot?

he's very, very stupid, yes

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Objective Action posted:

Try this:

Positive prompt =

Negative prompt =

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Made a dumb sizzle reel of all my June - August midjourney prompts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_rPg2dvTIY

I was gonna say "drat I need a hobby" but I guess this is my hobby now :unsmith:

Elotana fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 15, 2022

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ornate intricate filigree framed, vampire elf wearing ornate intricate detailed carved stained glass rose (((armor))), determined face, heavy makeup, covered in blood, blood stained clothing, led runes, inky swirling mist, gemstones, ((red pool background)), ((eyeshadow)), (angry), detailed, intricate,(Alphonse Mucha), (Charlie Bowater), (Daniel Ridgway Knight), (Albert Lynch), (Richard S. Johnson)

Negative prompt: ugly, fat, obese, chubby, (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, large_breasts, penis, nose, eyes, lips, eyelashes, text,

Steps: 30, Sampler: Euler a

using the waifu diffusion model

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Alpaca labs sending out invites

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Do the brackets in prompts add emphasis?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Do the brackets in prompts add emphasis?

on the AUTOMATIC1111 model, each set of parentheses are supposed to make it pay 10% more attention, and brackets make it pay 10% less* attention

*It's actually multiplying/dividing by 1.1

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
has that been verified by locking a seed and experimenting? SD-derived AIs seem to have a ton of trouble paying attention to more than a few words and i don't know that the ((())) weighting ever turned out to be worth a drat on the stock model (it always seemed to be strict left-to-right diminishing priority)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Elotana posted:

has that been verified by locking a seed and experimenting? SD-derived AIs seem to have a ton of trouble paying attention to more than a few words and i don't know that the ((())) weighting ever turned out to be worth a drat on the stock model (it always seemed to be strict left-to-right diminishing priority)

It's a feature specifically added to the parser in this repo

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Elotana posted:

By default the power of the parentheses are just a myth, but the AUTOMATIC repo parses the prompt for the parentheses and manually manipulates the tokens.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Specifically it goes from left ot right and multiplies on (] and divides on [) so you can also boost visibility by doing ]this[ like a psycho.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Using brackets (especially in multiples) for that functionality strikes me as inelegant. I liked the other fork that just used numbers to denote weight (it didn’t have negative prompts, though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Honestly 1.1 is way too small anyway