Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I absolutely do not loving care about the fake phenomenon "fatphobia" and I hope every last one of these people suffer the final consequence from their sleep apnea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Your bodies are horribly and irrevocably poisoned by modern capitalism and you are screeching that we should accept them as natural and beautiful. No. gently caress you.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hell yeah new psychosis just dropped

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao what the

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

fat people can ride those little wall e scooters in cities

theres this dude at school in one of an electric wheelchair who hauls absolute rear end. this guy is going like 15 mph thru the quad. disabled? i think not. cybernetically enhanced really

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Smythe posted:

theres this dude at school in one of an electric wheelchair who hauls absolute rear end. this guy is going like 15 mph thru the quad. disabled? i think not. cybernetically enhanced really

its true

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Your bodies are horribly and irrevocably poisoned by modern capitalism and you are screeching that we should accept them as natural and beautiful. No. gently caress you.

I think you're looking for the I hate fat people thread which is in a different subforum I hope

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

El Pollo Blanco posted:

A local business collective just took the city to court over the removal of 150 parking spaces, and thought it would be a good idea to use an economist as their expert witness on traffic and road safety design

They lost lmao

the city followed up an hour ago with another car deathblow by reducing the speed limit from 50 to 30kmh on 80% of streets

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think you're looking for the I hate fat people thread which is in a different subforum I hope

gbs, gassed years ago

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

gbs, gassed years ago

drat you are the encyclopedia brown of bad thread knowledge

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Smythe posted:

He didn't ask for this.
*Hits a big rear end ramp and lands in his history class.*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

El Pollo Blanco posted:

the city followed up an hour ago with another car deathblow by reducing the speed limit from 50 to 30kmh on 80% of streets
gently caress yeh

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

it's just a proposal, gonna get watered down during consultation no doubt
https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/129884656/wellington-city-council-votes-to-cut-80-of-citywide-speed-limits-to-30kph

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

This mostly depends on whether Wellington elects a bunch of insane people next month or not, current council is pretty unified in reducing speed limits

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

El Pollo Blanco posted:

gently caress yes

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

car speedos should stop out at +10km/h above the national speed limit (eg 120km/h) instead of this insane 250km/h+ bullshit so people stop thinking 30km/h is slow in cities

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

probe him all you want, he aint wrong. enjoy seeing billboards normalising 300lb bodies funded by the same corporations pushing processed high calorie foods, ever larger SUVs and the pharmaceuticals those 300lb people now need to live past 40

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

SKULL.GIF posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON AN INEFFECTIVE DIET FOR THIS POST)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

siri what are Social Determinants of Health

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
to be fair, SKULL.GIF serves at a feedbag in deep Wisconsin so his animosity towards the obese probably stems from that.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

webcams for christ posted:

siri what are Social Determinants of Health

here's what i found on the web for obesity drastically lowers the quality of life for the poorest in society, so lets subsidise veg and teach meal planning and prep in schools, check it out!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cowboy beepboop posted:

car speedos should stop out at +10km/h above the national speed limit (eg 120km/h) instead of this insane 250km/h+ bullshit so people stop thinking 30km/h is slow in cities

One real-life problem is that the gas pedals are usually designed suchly that maintaining 30 km/h is painful on the ankle. Then again literally literally no-one should ever be driving a private automobile inside a city or town so I don't actually care.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Horace posted:

probe him all you want, he aint wrong. enjoy seeing billboards normalising 300lb bodies funded by the same corporations pushing processed high calorie foods, ever larger SUVs and the pharmaceuticals those 300lb people now need to live past 40

weird how he didn't say any of that at all and instead just posted like an absolute gbs freak

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Horace posted:

I mean sure but I’m pretty sure the tweet was a joke and that post was literally “I hope they all die”

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

that's fair. think I'm a bit sensitive about it as a recovering fatty.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

One real-life problem is that the gas pedals are usually designed suchly that maintaining 30 km/h is painful on the ankle. Then again literally literally no-one should ever be driving a private automobile inside a city or town so I don't actually care.

my car has a speed limiter, set it to the speed limit and you can mash the pedal to the floor if you want, it won't exceed the limit. a great feature every car should have.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Horace posted:

my car has a speed limiter, set it to the speed limit and you can mash the pedal to the floor if you want, it won't exceed the limit. a great feature every car should have.

I don't own a car but that seems sensible.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

cowboy beepboop posted:

Why have an analog gauge at all, just show the speed on a little square screen in the dash

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

500excf type r posted:

Why have an analog gauge at all, just show the speed on a little square screen in the dash

Because the normal gauge is more easily observed when driving, making it easier to follow speed limits.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Because the normal gauge is more easily observed when driving, making it easier to follow speed limits.

Is there anything to actually back up the idea that reading an analog clock is easier and faster than a digital clock

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

500excf type r posted:

Is there anything to actually back up the idea that reading an analog clock is easier and faster than a digital clock

IDK how is that relevant seeing as how we're not discussing clocks?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

500excf type r posted:

yeah and imagine how cool an airplane cockpit would look if it was all screens with only numbers. why haven't they done this yet the tech has been available for a while

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

IDK how is that relevant seeing as how we're not discussing clocks?

Its pretty much a direct apples to apples comparison

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

500excf type r posted:

Its pretty much a direct apples to apples comparison

"Any set-up with x(n) is the same. The value of n doesn't matter." (Although not all clocks have two hands. The cathedral clock only has one and, speaking from experience, it's very very fast to read, just not as accurate. Oh hey sounds like some characteristics a speedometer can have!)

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Horace posted:

yes. also it should be set automatically by either gps or ~geofencing~ and drivers are unable to override it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

Post your bench

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 13:28 on Sep 15, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Horace posted:

should be mandatory imo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I absolutely do not loving care about the fake phenomenon "fatphobia" and I hope every last one of these people suffer the final consequence from their sleep apnea

SKULL.GIF posted:

some plague rats posted:

hell yeah new psychosis just dropped

lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlwaysInAmerica/status/1570030107661582336

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Horace posted:

How long until ranchers put out ads that statins are ableist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SKULL.GIF posted:

idk it kinda seems like you actually do hate fat people which would make it a real phenomenon