Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If I lived in the Marvel Universe you bet your rear end I'd be praying to Thor every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm imagining Thor going to everyone who prayed to him for something dumb/evil and slapping them like it's Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wendigos are a constant and terrifying concern in canada, and in the mu the canadian government is somehow even more evil than the us.

coming to Disney+ in 2024: Letterkenny, except every character was part of Department H or the Weapon X program

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

If I lived in the Marvel Universe you bet your rear end I'd be praying to Thor every day.

idk, say what you will about his followers, but Jesus has never gotten his rear end beat by the Hulk

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Does Jesus exist in the Marvel Universe? I know churches and priests do, but I think they stay away from Jesus to avoid offending people.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The X-man cometh posted:

Does Jesus exist in the Marvel Universe? I know churches and priests do, but I think they stay away from Jesus to avoid offending people.

From the sound of things, Daredevil had Jesus judge him in the recent AXE.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The X-man cometh posted:

He exists to the same degree that he does in actual history, unless Aaron has decided that he's actually the original prototype Spider-Man or some poo poo

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The X-man cometh posted:

Yeah he’s a mutant

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Yeah he’s a mutant

According to Exodus (the mutant, not the Old Testament book)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gripweed posted:

That's one of the big differences about the Marvel universe; there wouldn't be any atheists. Every religion is true and a lot more beside.

there'd still be atheists, it'd just be the position of not believing any of these beings are worthy of worship

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

idk, say what you will about his followers, but Jesus has never gotten his rear end beat by the Hulk

Yeah but I've never seen Jesus fly through the air and shoot lightning at Ultron either.

So if my rear end is on the line I'd be calling for Thor before Jesus.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I think there’s a few characters that were alluded to being Jesus (the Aquarian, and some guy from Ghost Rider), but even these days, Marvel doesn’t want to directly say a character is Jesus.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm trying real hard to think of a Marvel character who died and was reborn in some kind of spectacular form that was responsible for the salvation of the universe, but it raises the troubling spectre of the Dark Jesus Saga.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
can't believe Bruce banner is actually Jesus

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gripweed posted:

Thinking about Dark Reign and Secret Empire, and how the us government was legally taken over by nazi supervillains twice in a few years, how much poo poo has an ordinary person in the Marvel universe lived through? Excluding New Yorkers of course because then the list becomes absurd. But just a regular 30 year old living in like, Chicago or San Antonio or whatever. How many society-changing events have happened in the course of their life?

Dark Reign was just Norman Osborne taking over the security state, not the government itself, I feel like it wouldn't have changed your life that much if you were an average citizen in Chicago or whatever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mameluke posted:

for Devil's Reign, Wilson Fisk was not that bad a mayor and honestly his Thunderbolts were a sight better than the NYPD

The NYPD are all trapped in space, being too dumb to operate the spacecraft they built when tony mind zapped them. :allears:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Gripweed posted:

That's one of the big differences about the Marvel universe; there wouldn't be any atheists. Every religion is true and a lot more beside.

Apart from Scientology. Scientology being a scam in all timelines is a joke I can get behind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Nessus posted:

I'm trying real hard to think of a Marvel character who died and was reborn in some kind of spectacular form that was responsible for the salvation of the universe, but it raises the troubling spectre of the Dark Jesus Saga.

Doctor Strange helped reboot the entire universe at least twice

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nilbop posted:

Apart from Scientology. Scientology being a scam in all timelines is a joke I can get behind.

Hubbard managing to come up with the one alien scenario that doesn't actually exist.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Nessus posted:

Honestly, Crossbones really goofed up when he killed Cap with a magic time bullet and not just a regular one.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Nessus posted:

I'm trying real hard to think of a Marvel character who died and was reborn in some kind of spectacular form that was responsible for the salvation of the universe

For Miles Morales so loved the earth, he gave his only begotten spare cheeseburger

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nilbop posted:

While I'm still enjoying Judgment Day, my biggest criticism of Gillen is that he has always been too wordy. It tends to muddy the stakes and undercut tension. It turned me off Once and Future King and it's dancing close to turning me off Judgment Day when he ends up filling pages saying stuff like failing to tip a taxi cab can lead to global annihilation. Making a cosmic judge seem petty gives him character at the expense of his purpose. I was also extremely underwhelmed by how he used Uranos.

It's still mostly good, and I like the inclusion of Eros and how issue 4 ended, it's just not quite where I'd want it to be. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to issue 5.

When is the Franklin button going to get pushed and we have a Pet Galactus vs zombie Celestial fight? Can Franklin still do that? I'm not up to date on FF stuff.

Or a Moira clone is going to get yeeted to get through this? The Judgement Celestial's judging just seemed incredibly flawed, I feel like another cosmic being needs to call it out so it can back off.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly my headcanon has long been that reality is such an unstable pile of Swiss Cheese for the main Marvel and DC Universes that most of these events soft retcon themselves out of existence after a couple in-universe months for anyone who isn't directly involved or connected to the whole Superhero/Supervillain thing*, so for example say in a couple years we have an event where a literal Giant Sized Man-Thing eats most of Dallas, super tragic and edgy loss of civilian lives and property, but within six months Dallas will be completely back to normal even for the people who got eaten and stuff, unless of course you have some new character show up who has a connection to that event(like say it results in someone becoming Woman-Thing) then it still specifically applies to that person

Funny you should mention Dallas, because that was randomly where Fall of the Mutants took place for the main X-Men team, during which large chunks of the city was reality warped by a cosmic being.

glitchwraith fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 16, 2022

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Nilbop posted:

Scientology? What's that?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Triune_Understanding_(Earth-616)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/bengal_art/status/1569772887363702785?s=46&t=W75KdUZ5pDv9b8Ql3kvbEw

Marvel cover accidentally included the indie character Spinnerette instead of the Renew Your Vows character Spinnerette

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Jiro posted:

Or a Moira clone is going to get yeeted to get through this? The Judgement Celestial's judging just seemed incredibly flawed, I feel like another cosmic being needs to call it out so it can back off.

Calling it now: this entire 'judgment' is just it deliberately flailing around and making the biggest mess possible in hopes that once it gives a big thumbs up or down the real Celestials will turn up and fix it into proper inscrutability.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thetoughestbean posted:

https://twitter.com/bengal_art/status/1569772887363702785?s=46&t=W75KdUZ5pDv9b8Ql3kvbEw

Marvel cover accidentally included the indie character Spinnerette instead of the Renew Your Vows character Spinnerette

lol

Marvel has too many alternate spider characters. The artist didn't know this, which isn't a surprise. Artists are too busy drawing to keep up with a lot of things. But the editor absolutely should have caught that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i can't even tell which one is the fake

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

site posted:

i can't even tell which one is the fake

It’s the lady with multiple limbs

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I mean clearly she stands out even without the arms. Should've been a little easier to figure that out for the artist.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It is kinda odd. Marvel sent over no visual reference? The artist turned down visual reference and somehow decided a random character from a wan Empowered-esque homage webcomic was actually a Marvel character? The editor absolutely should have caught it, mind.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That reminds me of the time someone drew the character Hazmat (from the EA game Marvel Nemesis) into a splash panel instead of Hazmat (the Marvel character).

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

It’s the lady with multiple limbs

Every lady I know has multiple limbs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

It is kinda odd. Marvel sent over no visual reference? The artist turned down visual reference and somehow decided a random character from a wan Empowered-esque homage webcomic was actually a Marvel character? The editor absolutely should have caught it, mind.

If you follow artists on social media a lot of times they'll be like "I don't know who this character is" and just google references. I don't blame them at all. It's up to the editor to catch that since the artist probably provided rough sketches before they finished it up. Or assistant editor or whoever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hadn't heard of it before but if you google image search Spinnerette the webcomic is what comes up. Also this is a decent joke

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Every lady I know has multiple limbs.

Shoulda said arms, yeah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

Shoulda said arms, yeah

Most women I know have multiple arms

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

Most women I know have multiple arms

I knew as soon I hit post that someone was going to say this

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Dawgstar posted:

In the replies to the tweet the artist says Marvel just sent over a list of characters to include. The wife of the Spinnerette artist is also in the replies and says that they see the funny side, everyone seems to be chill about it which is good because I have minimal faith in Marvel the corporate entity handling this anywhere near as well.

https://twitter.com/SongbirdsaraW/status/1570672124121186305?t=LudqS9N07OT4NXXt62N3rA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Party Boat posted:

In the replies to the tweet the artist says Marvel just sent over a list of characters to include. The wife of the Spinnerette artist is also in the replies and says that they see the funny side, everyone seems to be chill about it which is good because I have minimal faith in Marvel the corporate entity handling this anywhere near as well.

It certainly does seem like an honest mistake instead of when Marvel just ignored their artists blatantly cribbing from Warhammer 40K designs.