Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This move by Init is pretty blatant.

I'm very interested to see how the Alliance will handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So far the AAD thread is bright red with init downvotes lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Andohz posted:

In nest sure, just set up a courier contract and I'll sort it out.

This but I’ll assign lollontee to the task

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So far the AAD thread is bright red with init downvotes lol

It got locked after two responses with none from directors lol

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Feliday Melody posted:

This move by Init is pretty blatant.

I'm very interested to see how the Alliance will handle it.

they probably won't

raminasi posted:

lol, lmao

Additionally

the alliance leader (fartshines) who refuses to stop using slurs (repeatedly) and then blocks people when they call him out on it, who also blacklisted delta sqad when they got mad about pedophiles and misogyny is a dumbfuck rear end in a top hat?

why I never

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

raminasi posted:

There's a lot of stuff going on in the background. We will see how it turns out.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lmfao what is their username on SA

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

raminasi posted:

RIP my beautiful thread. They probably weren't planning on doing anything.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

RIP my beautiful thread. They probably weren't planning on doing anything.

if it's cool can you post a screenshot of the AAD thread for those of us without access?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Wow, are you telling me jettisoning one man and announcing a hastily scribbled policy doesn't change the nature of an organization?

shocked-pikachu.png

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

psilocybin laden posted:

if it's cool can you post a screenshot of the AAD thread for those of us without access?

What is AAD?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

"Ask A Director", the forum for asking the Directorate questions directly (and line members get probed for replying because they're not directors). Generally you get at least one director response before the thread gets closed, but I guess not this time.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

PhilippAchtel posted:

Wow, are you telling me jettisoning one man and announcing a hastily scribbled policy doesn't change the nature of an organization?

shocked-pikachu.png

:emptyquote:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Apparently diplos are doing something. It better be giving init. 7 days to gtfo/apply to other corps and blacklisting everyone on the fort kill.

It's probably just getting a cut and/or arranging a suitable cover story to do nothing.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Apparently diplos are doing something. It better be giving init. 7 days to gtfo/apply to other corps and blacklisting everyone on the fort kill.

It's probably just getting a cut and/or arranging a suitable cover story to do nothing.

As far as I’m aware, when bastion sold the structures to init, they didn’t require a no piñata clause. Imagine being politically outsmarted by Brave.

So legal? Yes. Kinda lovely? Yes.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dieting Hippo posted:

"Ask A Director", the forum for asking the Directorate questions directly (and line members get probed for replying because they're not directors). Generally you get at least one director response before the thread gets closed, but I guess not this time.

Gotcha. I’ve seen that (I think), just never “clicked” because I don’t have any questions beyond stuff answered on jabber in about thirty seconds. Appreciate the help, though!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

they probably won't

lol, lmao

Additionally

the alliance leader (fartshines) who refuses to stop using slurs (repeatedly) and then blocks people when they call him out on it, who also blacklisted delta sqad when they got mad about pedophiles and misogyny is a dumbfuck rear end in a top hat?

why I never

lollin'

andromache posted:

As far as I’m aware, when bastion sold the structures to init, they didn’t require a no piñata clause. Imagine being politically outsmarted by Brave.

accepting goonfucking through technicality goes against the entire spirit of 'don't goonfuck', which is a convention based on moral guidelines, not legal ones. i.e. there are no "technically good" morally bad acts

especially when there's no other justification, given or to be assumed, besides wanting to steal from friendlies

that's how you get a group of people to not trust each other and not want to help each other, ever again.

having leadership give something like this a full pass signals, at best weakness in their resolve to enforce espoused moral values with consistency or an unspoken rewrite of said moral values from "just don't gently caress goons" into "gently caress goons, got mine"

At that point, how is the overall esprit de corps supposed to be different from PAPI or any other big clump of crabs in buckets fuckin each other over

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 15, 2022

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

I'll probably eat these words in a few days because lol, but; fwiw apparently CD is working on it, so it is currently unclear what leadership is or is not going to do about it.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

andromache posted:

Do T1 and T2 logi frigates count as logistics for the monthly stats?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
**OFFICIAL NOTICE TO GOOSEFLEET**

In an effort to redirect the Goonswarm community towards proper gameplay and more structured organizations within EVE Online Globby & myself have decided it is time to bring Goosefleet to an end.

This post is a courtesy warning to those involved with the GOOSEFLEET meme that is riddled with terrible organizational structuring, improper guidance, mismanaged agendas and future objectives / goals, as well as toxic community members that add nothing but nefarious and/or negative attitudes to the EVE Online community as a whole.

We recommend that everyone not willing to lose all their stuff over a meme wormhole group, that's existence is solely based on making you a worse player, begin conducting efforts to relocate and explore alternative organizations. All assets and pilots affiliated with the name will be eradicated and removed from the game at some point between now and EOY.

After internal discussion amongst myself, Globby, and others we have settled upon a hard 2-week grace period for those who seek to remove themselves from the absolutely disgraceful and negatively-impacting organization known as "Goosefleet". It's also worth noting that a number of GOOSEFLEET affiliated members are banned / blacklisted for being toxic EVE players in the eyes of the EVE Online community so please work on your public persona and reputation, suggestions are joining groups like EVE-U or Brave or similar.

**NOTE: Any reiteration or recreation of some synonymous reincarnation of said Goosefleet can also expect an immediate (without grace period), but analogous, extermination.

Apologies in advance to those currently affiliated with said group but it's had a bad impact on Goonswarm (SA forums posters) individuals who have elected to engage with the game EVE Online, and this can no longer be tolerated and accepted.

We look forward to your feedback and thank you in advance for your understanding.

EDIT - **NOTE 2: This directive was passed down by He himself, please refrain from any nonconstructive or offensive commentary towards myself and Globby due to the mission statement we were ordered to carry out, it is simply our duty and commitment to the greater Goon.

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 15, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Bigbillthaboss posted:

OFFICIAL NOTICE TO GOOSEFLEET

In an effort to redirect the Goonswarm community towards proper gameplay and more structured organizations within EVE Online Globby & myself have decided it is time to bring Goosefleet to an end.

This post is a courtesy warning to those involved with the GOOSEFLEET meme that is riddled with terrible organizational structuring, improper guidance, mismanaged agendas and future objectives / goals, as well as toxic community members that add nothing but nefarious and/or negative attitudes to the EVE Online community as a whole.

We recommend that everyone not willing to lose all their stuff over a meme wormhole group, that's existence is solely based on making you a worse player, begin conducting efforts to relocate and explore alternative organizations. All assets and pilots affiliated with the name will be eradicated and removed from the game at some point between now and EOY.

After internal discussion amongst myself, Globby, and others we have settled upon a hard 2-week grace period for those who seek to remove themselves from the absolutely disgraceful and negatively-impacting organization known as "Goosefleet". It's also worth noting that a number of GOOSEFLEET affiliated members are banned / blacklisted for being toxic EVE players in the eyes of the EVE Online community so please work on your public persona and reputation, suggestions are joining groups like EVE-U or Brave or similar.

**NOTE: Any reiteration or recreation of some synonymous reincarnation of said Goosefleet can also expect an immediate (without grace period), but analogous, extermination.

Apologies in advance to those currently affiliated with said group but it's had a bad impact on Goonswarm (SA forums posters) individuals who have elected to engage with the game EVE Online, and this cannot be accepted.

We look forward to your feedback and thank you in advance for your understanding.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lmfao

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Apologies in advance to those currently affiliated with said group but it's had a bad impact on Goonswarm (SA forums posters) individuals who have elected to engage with the game EVE Online, and this can no longer be tolerated and accepted.

EDIT - **NOTE 2: This directive was passed down by He himself, please refrain from any nonconstructive or offensive commentary towards myself and Globby due to the mission statement we were ordered to carry out, it is simply our duty and commitment to the greater Goon.

[img-timeline]

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lol that post is from like a 2006 sir molle pastebin right??? what,a loving dweeb lmao where did you find that

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fuckin lmao you really are jar jar binks

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

40 lbs to freedom posted:

lol that post is from like a 2006 sir molle pastebin right??? what,a loving dweeb lmao where did you find that

**THAT WAS AN OFFICIAL NOTICE TO GOOSEFLEET**

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Gees guys it seems pretty official

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

orange juche posted:

fuckin lmao you really are jar jar binks

No, I am Bigbillthaboss3 of Household Goonswarm Federation (The official SomethingAwful's in-game community!).

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

i need to see it on the official goon letterhead, though

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I have given your notice due consideration and composed the following response:

:honk:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
someone is gonna fall for the troll and get real mad and someone will take the opportunity to respond "they really got your goose huh"
there I preemptively ruined the joke, youre welcome

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Bigbillthaboss posted:

"There are no geese."

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

My finger's still hovering over that big red button, all that needs to happen is a green zkill and the geese will get got.

E:

Mr. Grinch posted:

someone is gonna fall for the troll and get real mad and someone will take the opportunity to respond "they really got your goose huh"
there I preemptively ruined the joke, youre welcome

drat you.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress thee goose cloaca

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Formal response from GOOSEFLEET HQ https://bit.ly/3qGUtBm

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

andromache posted:

This is a horrible take.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

corgski posted:

My finger's still hovering over that big red button, all that needs to happen is a green zkill and the geese will get got.

Crying as I lead another BR full of federal navy webbers to the shed out back.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

:laffo:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Isn't the "Horn of Goondor" meant to solicit help in your hour of need from exactly the sort of part-time retired players that were hurt by this? Why would they trust you if you drop the ball on this stuff?

:thunk:

What if this is part of a plot by Mittens to destabilize and de-legitimize the new leadership? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

PhilippAchtel posted:

Isn't the "Horn of Goondor" meant to solicit help in your hour of need from exactly the sort of part-time retired players that were hurt by this? Why would they trust you if you drop the ball on this stuff?

:thunk:

What if this is part of a plot by Mittens to destabilize and de-legitimize the new leadership? :tinfoil:

You give him too much credit