Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

also there are tons of speedrunning history videos that aren't like that. that's just summoningsalt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chamale posted:

I did a speedrun of Pokémon Crystal catching every Pokémon in the game, without clock manipulation. I got to sleep for a few hours waiting for it to be Saturday. It came in at 24 and a half hours; doing it under 24 hours is possible but would be tricky. I lost the video because I didn't know that Twitch would automatically delete it.
Seems like you could do it in sub-24 if you took advantage of how long night lasts, right? or do you need specific days of the week... wait, aren't both Pinsir and Scyther Bug-Catching Contest exclusives, and the Contest is only Tu/Th/Sa, how the heck did you do it in 24 hours without messing with the clock

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

heehee posted:

is that your own twitter account dude.

no, I wouldn't touch php with a 100 mile pole

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

oh the joke i already made here years ago, good times.

pmcTRILOGY posted:

It's 7 years old at this point, but my go-to for this is always the Shenmue Showdown where puri_puri would simultaneously play Shenmue 1 Any% and Shenmue 2 Glitchless - which works out given the amount of waiting in Shenmue 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES8YN_LkvPQ

thats a cool idea, though im absolutely not gonna watch it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Imagine sharing a tweet with one like

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

ArfJason posted:

oh the joke i already made here years ago, good times.
You can't have made that joke because that would imply you watched a speedrunning video at some point in the past.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

i think arf watches every run of everything

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

:eyepop:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

hosed up if true

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:bignews:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
i refuse to believe arf has ever been anything but 100% sincere at all times in all his posts, which I have not read

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
but will you read them? or do you already plan to will not have read them

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I clipped into the wall and jumped over the gate instead of reading them, it's faster that way

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jabor posted:

I clipped into the wall and jumped over the gate instead of reading them, it's faster that way

The worst kind of speedrun

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtBxgHBeo0I

Which you might know from:
https://twitter.com/steam/status/1173657292778029056

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Are y'all referencing the ol' "dumpo2" joke?

edit; thanks a lot seckswrecks that game always gives me a craving for brack pepper pringles

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Big-bad-game-a-thon will be on this weekend but Big 20 #15 will also be live on saturday, which will be a lot of fun too.

e: on https://twitch.tv/bestofnes

https://twitter.com/BestofNES/status/1555986125126340608

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 16, 2022

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That does sound like a lot of fun but im not gonna watch it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's a really cute idea.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Those cowards never put startropics chapter 3 in.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wonder how they arrived at those criteria. Like, why play Castlevania and beat Death but not finish the game? It's only one more stage.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Crystalis a great game, nice to see there's a community around it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
nooooo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

maybe the video makes a good case for it. Though i wont find out since im not gonna watch it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What's the problem? Is that like a super bad company or something, or is it just a Raid Shadow Legends situation?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's an extremely common sponsor

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it's an extremely common sponsor and the product itself is kinda trash because all of the ad reads are SECURE URSELF

get paid, etc. but it still sucks

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Phone posted:

it's an extremely common sponsor and the product itself is kinda trash because all of the ad reads are SECURE URSELF

Hook up your new VPN while you make your HelloFresh meal cooks and you sip a nice coffee from Trade Coffee.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Phone posted:

...are you trying to say that the VPN is poo poo because their ad reads are poo poo?

I mean, I don't disagree that the ad reads are poo poo, but I'm pretty sure the VPN itself has a shitton of utility for the casual pirate (and as we all know, piracy is literally the only reason why you'd want to use a VPN)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nordvpn is specifically garbage, not vpns in general

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Sponsorblock :cool:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I just got SponsorBlock and since then I'm like, where has this been all my life? I'd recommend it to everyone in this thread except ArfJason.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
Punchy about to play Deadly Premonition 2 at Big Bad Game-a-Thon: https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadgameathon

Looks like he's playing the PC version which will at least probably run smoother?

Edit: I wonder if they fixed the bug where physics objects keep moving when the you open the map and the game is supposed to be paused.

pairofdimes fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 18, 2022

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

pairofdimes posted:

Punchy about to play Deadly Premonition 2 at Big Bad Game-a-Thon: https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadgameathon

Looks like he's playing the PC version which will at least probably run smoother?

Edit: I wonder if they fixed the bug where physics objects keep moving when the you open the map and the game is supposed to be paused.

Ive always been curious about deadly premonition 2, but im not gonna watch it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ArfJason, not seeing what the runner was doing, spoke sternly: “You cannot make me watch a speedrun by posting schedules and twitch links.”

Deadly Premonition 2 was played at Big Bad Game-a-Thon.

Arf did not watch.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
on stream; oot rando, never watched.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

reminder that it's not so long ago that these very forums were shilling NordVPN, I actually think the subscription I have now was through a SA promotion. Clearly they've moved on to bigger and better things and we haven't.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bike tory posted:

reminder that it's not so long ago that these very forums were shilling NordVPN, I actually think the subscription I have now was through a SA promotion. Clearly they've moved on to bigger and better things and we haven't.

its because lowtax died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i don't think that's a glowing endorsement given that it was lowtax pushing it