Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Had a gander at the queue down on the South Bank this morning. Pretty dull, not even any people selling Queen memorabilia out of a tray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think they should have arranged the coffin viewing thing as a roundabout rather than like a dual carriageway. Then they could have had multiple queues off in all directions of london rather than just one big one.

The point of the queue is for the queue to be big, so that people can report on the queue, and how much it shows people loved the queen. Increasing capacity and throughput would rapidly dissolve it, and therefore make it much less impressive.

For context, more people will have seen Elton John in a single night performing in London, than go to see the Queen's body. There are actually less people in the queue than there are at premier league football games, or arena music/comedy shows.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Undead Hippo posted:

The point of the queue is for the queue to be big, so that people can report on the queue, and how much it shows people loved the queen. Increasing capacity and throughput would rapidly dissolve it, and therefore make it much less impressive.

For context, more people will have seen Elton John in a single night performing in London, than go to see the Queen's body. There are actually less people in the queue than there are at premier league football games, or arena music/comedy shows.

Exactly.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
fewer people

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Should've just taxidermied her like Jeremy Bentham and kept her as forever queen.

I wonder if they embalmed her, just sealed the box or left an empty box on display while she's chilling in a freezer somewhere.

Given the love of the people for her they should embalm and leave her on display in Westminster Abbey a-la Lenin and Mao.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm really impatient to see how the reign of Charles III changes the political landscape. Really feels like Brenda's time at the helm was maintaining vast national inertia on all kinds of things in way that's now gone forever.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

That assumes the people queuing are still countable and haven't dissolved into a wriggling mound of flesh and poppies.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

I'm really impatient to see how the reign of Charles III changes the political landscape. Really feels like Brenda's time at the helm was maintaining vast national inertia on all kinds of things in way that's now gone forever.

My friend how do you feel about purestrain fascism?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Caption Competition

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not a fan, personally. Does seem to increase communist uprisings though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Caption Competition

Bird Impression Competition

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

My friend how do you feel about purestrain fascism?
It's done more than capitalism to get us flying cars.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Citizen, you are charged with conspiracy to commit football https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1570146903798546433

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smellmycheese posted:

Caption Competition

Where did she go? She was just right here in front of me, then GONE!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tesseraction posted:

Citizen Subject, you are charged with conspiracy to commit football

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Citizen, you are charged with conspiracy to commit football https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1570146903798546433

if they did it on horses it “would have been what she wanted”

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
So loving bored of this poo poo and there's another 4 days to go lol.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Pistol_Pete posted:

So loving bored of this poo poo and there's another 4 days to go lol.

And then War Christmas is just around the corner. Reckon it'll be a bumper year for it too, with so much poignancy and added respect surrounding the loss of are quean

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Disrespectful of the Met to do this at this time https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1569728600793817097?t=D6eV5cMeQOFXY8qiT6NjMQ&s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

StarkingBarfish posted:

And then War Christmas is just around the corner. Reckon it'll be a bumper year for it too, with so much poignancy and added respect surrounding the loss of are quean

They're 100% going to make a Poppy Queen.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I was in Paddington station yesterday and as far as I could tell the Paddington Bear gift shop did not have a sign up commemorating the Queen's death, which I found pretty funny.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Behind the scenes Paddington Bear was like "jesus christ I'm a Peruvian republican why did I have to do that loving skit with that fossil"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This dude is either going to make bank or get firebombed

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1570156558037680129

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Comrade Fakename posted:

I was in Paddington station yesterday and as far as I could tell the Paddington Bear gift shop did not have a sign up commemorating the Queen's death, which I found pretty funny.

Paddington is busy in the Donbas right now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Send her corpse to Cairo to go on display

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Everything old is new again

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/1570330351465267205

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1570021114662817792

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Just paying tribute to the royal family's noted history of supporting pedos

Tesseraction posted:

This dude is either going to make bank or get firebombed

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1570156558037680129

Porque no los dos?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

Porque no los dos?

Guess if he has insurance he'll keep the bank. Would probably cook some of the meat quite nicely if he rescues it in time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Paddington is busy in the Donbas right now.
Just don't ask him what that tattoo means.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just making clear here the distinction between parliament and the monarchy

https://twitter.com/GlennBBC/status/1570369483495165953

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kieth up there doing a couple of hours later

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

endlessmonotony posted:

That assumes the people queuing are still countable and haven't dissolved into a wriggling mound of flesh and poppies.

Remake of Society looking good

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is there an actual big book of royal protocol somewhere that goes into stuff like who is meant to stand guard round the coffin? Or is it just being made up as they go along?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ben Wallace should be wearing his proper uniform.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

They need to set up a FastPass™ system

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphex- posted:

Clearly the solution is to set up a FastTrack ticket that can be purchased for the reasonable price of, oh let's say £30. Then those of virtue who can contribute to the Royal Family in their difficult time can get rushed through past all the filthy oiks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is a problem of monopoly.

The free market solution is to allow anyone with a flag and a box to declare themselves a viewing site and charge what they want.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Aphex- posted:

do you think the MPs chum system isn't a good enough one?

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1570292172313997317

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"I can't believe the functions of this literal monarchy aren't more egalitarian!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I'm still reeling at the marmalade sandwich thing.

What even was this "skit" she did with paddington bear? Sounds credibly cringe